SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-22-14, 05:15 PM   #1
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Default Glorious Great Game - a PoN MP AAR

This is a Pride of Nations MP AAR with the following Glorious leaders

Oberon - Glorious Tommy of Great Britain
Raptor1 - Glorious Mustachio of France
Task Force - Glorious President of 'Murica
HunterICX - Glorious Hothead of Prussia
Betonov - Glorious Destroyer of Empires

---

January 1850

The Silly road to Unification

Prussia in Jan 1850

It's time to open up the possibility for talks to become a stronger nation within Europe to secure our interests and that of our allies.

First two candidates are Holstein and Sachsen, regarding Holstein we hope the Danes do not interfere.

Another crucial thing important for our nation is to build a strong economy
and now that needs some work.

Last edited by HunterICX; 04-14-15 at 04:13 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:33 PM   #2
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Glorious Great Game? Typical continentals, can't get anything right, it's just "The Great Game" you frivolous idiot, go back to school...oh wait, you're Prussia, you don't have any.

So, the Glorious British Empire, still basking in its glory after thoroughly defeating France in the Napoleonic war and subduing some rather excitable Indians in the North-West Frontier in the Second Anglo-Sikh war, has a lot on its plate to take in. Africa is quiet, but tensions are still high, India is rebellious but co-operative, and Burma, still smarting over the Treaty of Yandabo is looking for revenge...if it can somehow get the funds to finance it.

According to google, the bad guy in Farcry4 is the king of Burma, make of that what you will...

The early days of January 1850 see not a great deal of business, the foundations for a new coal mine are lain in Birmingham, and the export of coal and tea to other countries have further regulations imposed upon them. The Prime Minister is heard to utter the words "matter of prime importance to the survival of the United Kingdom" prefacing the word 'tea'.
A natural expedition is sent into deepest darkest India, it takes with it a mobile tea set to spread tea and tiffin to the restless natives, whilst the expedition will probably never be seen again, but it is hoped that the tea will calm the natives down and civilised them, thus bringing them in line with the Empire.

Major-General Henry Godwin, commander of the Burma Frontier force, with a tenuous hold on Rangoon.

However, Indian and British newspapers alike carry word of naval movements from the Mediterranean, Pacific and Indian theatres, and the redeployment of the 1st Brigade of Royal Marines, a Royal Engineers Corps and Sappers and Miners Corps to Portsmouth. The government has not confirmed the possibility of war, but has refused to rule it out.

HMS Hibernia, flagship of the Mediterranean fleet, commanded by Admiral William Parker, leaving Malta

Finally, a strange letter smelling of Garlic and written in an incomprehensible language arrived, thrown on a rock across the channel, our greatest scientists have failed to decipher it, so the decision is made to just smile and nod and pretend we understand what those curious creatures in Paris are doing.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:52 PM   #3
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Glorious Great Game? Typical continentals, can't get anything right, it's just "The Great Game" you frivolous idiot, go back to school...oh wait, you're Prussia, you don't have any.
I was perfectly aware of that you silly Tommy, but we're not here to have just a great game....it has to be Glorious! like Prussia!
Old 08-22-14, 08:03 PM   #4
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
I was perfectly aware of that you silly Tommy, but we're not here to have just a great game....it has to be Glorious! like Prussia!
Glorious Prussia? Last time I checked you were still smarting from your spanking from the Danes! (in fact, technically in Jan 1850, you're still at war with them, but under a truce signed in July 1849...but then again technically Rangoon shouldn't be under my control until 1852... )
Old 08-23-14, 12:39 AM   #5
Task Force
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 85

Ill try to make sure I get everything right next week, just haven't had the time to do it this one.
Old 08-23-14, 02:44 AM   #6
Betonov
Navy Seal

Downloads: 26

God I love this game.
Too bad I got overwhelmed playing it
Curse you real life

Gott verdamnt, I should be Austria Hungary
Betonov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 03:44 AM   #7
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Glorious Prussia? Last time I checked you were still smarting from your spanking from the Danes! (in fact, technically in Jan 1850, you're still at war with them, but under a truce signed in July 1849...but then again technically Rangoon shouldn't be under my control until 1852... )
I played Vicky II so I know what I'm doing as Prussia, now go play in your overseas backyard and don't pay that much attention to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Task Force
Ill try to make sure I get everything right next week, just haven't had the time to do it this one.
The GC are 1650 Turns so your delay isn't going to do it as we made clear that if the turns aren't delivered to Raptor withing 48h the turn will proceed with/without your entry unless one is out on holiday or something else we'll have a break. iirc the AI is disabled so nothing will change in your country (construction, unit movement and trade etc).

We should however organize an evening or during the day in the weekend like Saturday/Sunday afternoon where we do a more turns in a row to get somewhere. Thoughts on that?

Last edited by HunterICX; 08-23-14 at 05:10 AM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-14, 04:03 AM   #8
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betonov View Post
God I love this game.
Too bad I got overwhelmed playing it
Curse you real life

Gott verdamnt, I should be Austria Hungary
Well to be fair all of us still are overwhelmed by it, so we kinda learn now on the go but I'm pretty sure we'll burn our own nations to the ground eventually.

I played the tutorials to get a understanding of the mere basics of it and play a single player GBR game to experiment and learn as well.

We just did like 2 turns, I'm not sure if it's possible for Raptor to extract a player file for the Nation of Austria midst of a running campaign so you can hop in if not well if you wish to join us to stomp about in the Balkans if the others agree with it as well we just do a quick restart as in the first turn nothing much has been done or changed if the others don't mind it as well.

The only requirement is that you submit your turn within 48 hours before the turn will proceed with or without your entry because if we don't it won't get anywhere.

But the first question to you is do you want to join us in this Glorious Great Game and be the one whos challenge it is to rip the Europe's Grim Reapers balls off?
(also it's quite lonely in Central Europe)
Old 08-23-14, 04:11 AM   #9
Betonov
Navy Seal

Quote:

But the first question to you is do you want to join us in this Glorious Great Game and be the one whos challenge it is to rip the Europe's Grim Reapers balls off?
(also it's quite lonely in Central Europe)
No no, please, continue.
I don't have a copy and my paycheck still hasn't arrived so I cannot purchase it (legally). It might take a week before I can join.

If the game is still on in 2 weeks and I can join in-game as Austria, then I shall reconsider
Old 08-23-14, 04:20 AM   #10
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Fair enough

Well Raptor wasn't sure he could or if it's even possible but if it is the door is open if you wish to join.
Old 08-23-14, 04:30 AM   #11
Betonov
Navy Seal

Until then:

freelance advisor/spy/shadow government looking for work
Old 08-23-14, 05:52 AM   #12
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
I played Vicky II so I know what I'm doing as Prussia, now go play in your overseas backyard and don't pay that much attention to me.

Old 08-23-14, 11:39 AM   #13
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Quote:
We should however organize an evening or during the day in the weekend like Saturday/Sunday afternoon where we do a more turns in a row to get somewhere. Thoughts on that?
I'm down with this, Sunday evening would probably be best, from about 21:00GMT onwards?
Old 08-23-14, 12:13 PM   #14
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

It should be possible for me to put up the turn file for any of the other playable nations at any point in the game, so if anyone else wants to join then say so.

As for a specific day for playing more turns, I'm not sure if that's practical since everybody would have to be available to actively play at the time. It could be done in theory but on Sunday I could only really be there until 20:00 or from about ~22:00-23:00 GMT (I hope I got the time zones right on that) since I'm usually playing with the 53rd at that time. Saturday evening would be best for me, I think.

In any case, I hope the game can continue at a steady rate of one turn per day for now.
Old 08-23-14, 12:50 PM   #15
Betonov
Navy Seal

Excellent, as soon as payday arrives, expect the Habsburgs running the Empire again