SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-03-17, 05:22 AM   #4486
cookiemonste
Medic

Downloads: 78
Uploads: 0

So there is no way to fix that?
The Deck gun is also still bugged for me.
cookiemonste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 09:41 AM   #4487
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
It's an old bug thats never been resolved.Not sure.
It's no bug and shouldn't be "fixed." Whether we like it or not some damage can't be fixed at sea, either in real life or in the game. Inability to do impossible things is not a bug.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 12:49 PM   #4488
cookiemonste
Medic

I get that, but if the system is repaired and it does nto work even though it says clear. And it did not say "Torpedo Tube damaged" It says "Torpedo too damaged to fire". I just wanted to know if that's a thing.
Old 05-03-17, 12:50 PM   #4489
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

In Port: Deck Gun & crew fix. Yes it's a common issue, here's a good thread by wolfeinsamer that may help you fix it:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222887

and Coletrains:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121472

also neumanf15's:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121460

Coletrains (post #14) in this thread:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=121472

At least we can fix it now. Usually happens if you change the gun from fore to aft or vice versa from where it was when first installed. Sometimes it just happens.

Happy Hunting!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222887
wolfeinsamer's fix for deck gun crew slots disappearing.
After digging around I have found a really simple method to fix the problem of the deck gun crew slots disappearing.

Simply open the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file in a text editor, and remove all instances of "AdditionalRepository". I was able to do this with 1 easy find and replace command. The file can be found in the SH4 folder in your documents. ../SH4/data/cfg/SaveGames/*/ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc

What you are doing is changing the lines like:
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlotAdditionalRepository 1]
to read.....
[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 9.CrewMemberSlot 1]
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

Last edited by aanker; 05-03-17 at 02:01 PM.
aanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 12:56 PM   #4490
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
It's no bug and shouldn't be "fixed." Whether we like it or not some damage can't be fixed at sea, either in real life or in the game. Inability to do impossible things is not a bug.

I have to say it's a bug because the damage control screen shows them as repaired, esp when have the "fix anything" chief on board. I'm fine with them not being repaired, in fact I dislike that special ability to repair everything that is damaged seriously or destroyed, other than he makes the pumps work at a more reasonable rate if taking on water. I recall the issue first appeared in 1.5 and then became a regular thing in TMO due to some changes he made in the damage zones? Ducimus never got around to adjusting. Not the biggest deal, just would be nice if damage control actually showed them as destroyed. Stern tubes have same issue, not as much with my depth charge mod but it does happen.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-17, 02:05 PM   #4491
cookiemonste
Medic

I can't fix the Deck gun, guess I have to accept it.
Old 05-04-17, 02:54 AM   #4492
Buffin
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default TMO or FOTRS

Hello. I want to ask what is the difference between the TMO and FOTRS modes?
Old 05-04-17, 06:50 AM   #4493
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

A little over 1 GB as opposed to more than 3.6 GB for one thing!
Old 05-04-17, 06:58 AM   #4494
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

TMO (last version was 2.5) was put together by a fellow with a username of "ducimus", starting years ago. He added some ships and planes from other modders, and did some tweaking of the Campaign files, but mostly changed the configuration of the Artificial Intelligence settings in the game, making several aspects of the game more difficult.

FotRS was a similar endeavor by AOTD_MadMax. He started with ducimus' TMO v1.7, and added quite a few ships and planes to that. His team also tweaked the Campaign files and changed the AI. In some areas of the game, FotRS is actually more difficult that TMO.

FotRSU (the "U" is for "Ultimate") is our team's attempt to update FotRS, combining all the versions of it to include all of the ships and planes from AOTD_MadMax (he would drop and add for each version). We still have to work on the AI, since they are literally a bit too "killer", though some like it that way... and Rockin Robbins is the team leader

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-17, 06:22 PM   #4495
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

So FOTRSU is based originally on TMO 1.7. We combined the best of FOTRS 1.2 through 1.5 and 2.0 to encapsulate the best of what AOTD_MadMax and the AOTD crew accomplished. Then we went from there to make the game more suited to single player rather than the multi-player that FOTRS 2.0 was aimed at.

EVERYTHING is revamped from TMO. Sounds are incredibly enhanced. Graphics are better. We've doubled the number of ships in the game. The eye candy can only be compared to GWX for SH3 in its excellence. We no longer have Ducimus' deal with the devil: do we make great gameplay or do we have great graphics. Computers can do it all today and FOTRSU does that.

CapnScurvy has totally redone optics, changed the physics of the game so that in a dive the floor actually angles correctly. On capital ships the primary and secondary guns sound differently, have different (and amazing) smoke. Sensors have been reworked (that's still in process) and you can turn off SJ and SD radar completely. We have a new keyboard, the first one I can confidently say is BETTER than TMO.

We have a new Aleutians Island campaign for S-boats. Propbeanie and CapnScurvy can fill you in on the other things. Cdrsubron7 has a passel of real meaningful, fun and non-buggy single missions so those people without the time to develop to a career can now experience the best of SH4 instead of the often hokey missions that came with stock. S7rikeback eliminated several dozen errors we inherited from TMO and the stock game, eliminating CTDs, game freezes and glitches. You can uninstall FOTRSU and not corrupt SH4! That's not true of TMO.

I'll let other team members fill in what I left out, and there's a lot! Tell you what. Feast your eyes and ears on this:

Old 05-05-17, 08:04 PM   #4496
cookiemonste
Medic

Seems like something worth to try out.
Old 11-25-17, 06:13 AM   #4497
AirShark
Seaman

Downloads: 200
Nuke

best mod so far
AirShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-17, 09:00 AM   #4498
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Welcome to SubSim AirShark

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-17, 01:12 PM   #4499
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

AirShark!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-17, 02:03 PM   #4500
Geoff then
Gunner

Downloads: 63
Default Great Mod!

Great Mod indeed! SH4+Tmo is the best Subsim out there, at least thats my opinion. Very easy to install and much more gameplay fun. No downsides, so use this mod if you want a better game. To Honor the work of all people involved, I snapped this sceenshot. Ahoi!