SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 05-01-17, 10:17 PM   #1
ValoWay
Lieutenant

Downloads: 103
Uploads: 0
Default [Turn-Based Sport RPG] Football Tactics on Steam

Store description:
Quote:
Turn-based strategy with RPG elements meets football! It’s a game for those who enjoy any combo of turn-based mechanics, team development, tycoon-style games and football. It is inspired more by the likes of JRPGs, Civilization, and XCOM rather than by Football Manager.
Here's my steam review:
Quote:
Considering nowadays gaming industry where barely a day passes without another early access or AAA scandal Football Tactics suddenly comes along to remind us of better days where developers created games out of passion and excitement for video games!

The asking price of 15$ for this indie title is in my eyes almost too low, especially when I look at their crazy character creation editor which easily trumps many modern AAA games! In fact, there are so many options that I stopped bothering with getting through them all at some point to finally start playing the freaking game . Steam Workshop has also alrdy many mods to get around license restrictions or in other words mods which override fantasy names in favor of RL football clubs and players!

Like in XCOM have your protagonists the chance to learn many different special abilities to achieve your goals as a football club.. Your players have besides special abilties attributes like accuracy, defence, passing or ball control and it's up to you to use the right ability & right attribute at the right time, basically like XCOM in soccer jerseys..

There are minor issues here and there like the occasional line of second language type of english or insecure AI. It is, however still an EA indie title which tries to do an honest job and I applaud them for that!

The only thing I should warn you about is that Football Tactics isn't a hardcore sport managament simulation nor a hardcore tactics game! The mix makes this game a decent casual experience!

I'll let you know when I stumble over anything that might interfere with my recommendation in the future.
Link to Football Tactics on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/37...tball_Tactics/

p.s.
make sure you dl the demo first:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/37..._Tactics_Demo/

Last edited by ValoWay; 05-01-17 at 11:53 PM.
ValoWay is offline   Reply With Quote