SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 5
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-07-11, 12:59 PM   #1
SneakersDK
Watch

Location: Herlev close to Copenhagen, Denmark, Skadinavia, Europe.
Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter series is dead?!

It's probably old news to you, But it's not the only thing you can get out of Ubisoft's message?
http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/...7/m/1451048598
In English
"Good morning,
We receive many inquiries about future patches for Silent Hunter V. At this point we want to tell you that at this time no further updates for the game are planned. If this planning is changed, we will inform you right away."

that suck big time! They have released a game that in no way is finished and filled with errors! And missing! And it has now dropped to patch it! And the hard-tried and not very probulare game genre is now reduced to an unfinished arcade game!

I know is new to the forum, but also bought and played SH2 for the SH4 with great joy. But with SH5 I feel pissed on! Wi've all seen a trailer as we all probably thought was in game?
http://silent-hunter.de.ubi.com/sile...er-5/media.php
Honestly! How many of you have seen the animations of the fighters who greet you. And goes to the site so you can get past them? Or else walk around the submarine .. I have not! Do you?

It would not do much if the game was playable! But it's not! Gameplay's insanely bad! The only good thing about the game is the graphics, but it shows with all clarity that what is one with good graphics when you can not play the game!

More on Ubisoft's own forum talking about never buy a ubisoft game again! And I understand them well, and as things stand now, I'm not sure I would buy from them again! And it's not a criticism of the game company who made the game. 'm Pretty sure they'd make it prayed game ever! Of course they would it. But this is Ubisoft who have money and give them a realease date. And then the game company deliver on time, and it is obvious that they have not had enough time .. So hope some others will buy the SH series of Ubi! And maybe give the game company the time it takes. But as it looks now, we do not know about our beloved SH series is bought or sold!

Some who know one or more persons who have helped to make the Silent Hunter series? Perhaps Mr. Gris who might tell us what has gone wrong? Anybody know anything?

A big thank you must read the tea against guys. Without you, SH5 would be completely unusable.
Maybe they should see if we could actually make our own Silent Hunter games? Can we?
I can eg. make 3D graphics still limited abilities but become better and better. some may c + +? Etc.. I have some IDEs and solutions that could help in many things .. But one could make a play script over what and how it should be and then see if we could reach the goal .. The big problem is finding enough money for it if it is, but could also be non-profit ..

What thinking about it?

Ps If there is another silent hunter, they would be nice to know .. Could you possibly. give them SUBSIM game script.
Old 01-07-11, 01:38 PM   #2
Factor
Weps

Downloads: 180

Well, If you look at games in general, this is becoming the norm. Releasing half azzed games, dropping a weak patch, then, abandon ship. Look at CodeMasters with OperationFlashpoint Dragon Rising, the F1 game the same company put out. I could mention more.

Problem is, releasing broken or unfinished games, is becoming the norm in gaming. PC or consoles, does not matter.
Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-11, 02:36 PM   #3
Itkovian
Helmsman

Downloads: 15

Well, let's not commit the mistake of thinking this is due to laziness and incompetence. It's an unfortunate business decision, where the cost/benefit of modern games prohibits extensive support to any but the most successful games these days (and I mean in general, not just ubisoft).

And since SHV did not do very well on launch (as far as I know), I am not surprised that support has been terminated.

THAT SAID, the fact of the matter is that SHV is still an enjoyable game, and the first patch does fix outstanding issues.

Of course, to really enjoy it you need to load some mods (the GUI mods especially), but once you've taken the time to do so, you can have a brilliant experience. I absolutely love its design as a "captain simulator", and find it extremely immersive.

Indeed, with the gramophone mod I'm using (tons of extra songs, don't recall which one it was), I frequently will just pop in the game as the sub is sailining somewhere, lie down on the captain's cot, and read a book while listening to the gramophone.

Itkovian
Itkovian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-19, 10:33 PM   #4
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

This is a very old thread but I have to add to it. I love the Silent Hunter series, and I know most of you do too. And while the series appears dead… I would love to see one more put out in modern times. I’d love to see a Silent Hunter game on a modern nuclear sub we can walk around just like SH5. If they could just make one more, I would be in total gratitude and appreciation. Give me a Los Angeles class, Ohio, Seawolf. Anything at this time. Are any of our sub some friends up to the task?
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-19, 09:56 AM   #5
skin-nl
KapitainLeutnant

Downloads: 244

A silent hunter game in modern time.....That's awesome,I should buy it directly.

But i think it's just a dream.
Old 01-16-19, 01:24 PM   #6
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348

Unfortunately with the state of gaming these days we would prolly have to pay in real money for each upgraded torpedo in micro transactions + investors are only interested in Multiplayer projects that return Billions bar a few exceptions

Skvader Studios is the best hope for the future as things stand at the moment but still WIP and WW2
Old 03-01-19, 09:58 AM   #7
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
This is a very old thread but I have to add to it. I love the Silent Hunter series, and I know most of you do too. And while the series appears dead… I would love to see one more put out in modern times. I’d love to see a Silent Hunter game on a modern nuclear sub we can walk around just like SH5. If they could just make one more, I would be in total gratitude and appreciation. Give me a Los Angeles class, Ohio, Seawolf. Anything at this time. Are any of our sub some friends up to the task?
While this would be a great endeavor the problem with that is that those subs are still highly classified so a walk-around might be out of the question.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-19, 10:05 AM   #8
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itkovian View Post
Well, let's not commit the mistake of thinking this is due to laziness and incompetence. It's an unfortunate business decision, where the cost/benefit of modern games prohibits extensive support to any but the most successful games these days (and I mean in general, not just ubisoft).

And since SHV did not do very well on launch (as far as I know), I am not surprised that support has been terminated

Itkovian
While I agree with everything you've said here I always thought the Silent Hunter gaming community stemmed from the ever growing desire for true sub simulators.
Meaning us!! I never thought of Silent Hunter at least the later versions as being something for the masses but more a specialized build for the elite looking for a true wartime submarine experience.
Sad to think it's being bundled in with so many of the failed projects out there. It has so much potential.
I guess now as in the past it's up to the true believers to make it what it should have been.

At least my Silent Hunter 4 hasn't disappointed me. Lots and lots of enjoyable patrols.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote