SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-16, 02:31 PM   #1
Deputy
Chief

Downloads: 124
Uploads: 0
Icon5 Ultimate Cheat Mod Pac

I know most folks aren't interested in something like this, but I found this while waiting for my download permission to begin at Subsim. If it's forbidden to talk about this on the forum, mods please delete it. Anyhow, there is a mega mod that installs just about every cheat imaginable. The mod is called Silent Fire v1.5.2.
I didn't see it mentioned in any posts on the forum, nor did I see it available for download. I tried it out using JSGME, but as soon as I tried to play a mission, it crashed to desktop. I was curious if anyone had heard of this mod or got it to work? Here's the link with info about it:

http://www.fileplanet.com/187067/180...nt-Fire-v1.5.2

Dep
Deputy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 03:35 PM   #2
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

This really isn't much different than having nukes or Polaris missiles on your boat, so "cheat" is a bit strong of a word. Do you have any other mods installed, and are you using SH4 v1.5 Uboat missions? Going by the ReadMe info, and it's use of S3ditor, you might have to have the SH4.exe file read and write enabled, if you haven't already. Also, is the mod file structure correct for use with JSGME? They have several folders in there, and it looks like they made it to where you can either put it in manually, or with JSGME. Check out the ReadMe, and they've got pretty good instructions on activating it. If you've done that, well... I'm out of ideas.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 03:47 PM   #3
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
This really isn't much different than having nukes or Polaris missiles on your boat, so "cheat" is a bit strong of a word. Do you have any other mods installed, and are you using SH4 v1.5 Uboat missions? Going by the ReadMe info, and it's use of S3ditor, you might have to have the SH4.exe file read and write enabled, if you haven't already. Also, is the mod file structure correct for use with JSGME? They have several folders in there, and it looks like they made it to where you can either put it in manually, or with JSGME. Check out the ReadMe, and they've got pretty good instructions on activating it. If you've done that, well... I'm out of ideas.
Yep, SH4 with U-Boat update. No other mods in place. I will check the SH4.exe for it's status.
Yep..the exe was set at Read Only. Just changed it. I'll give it another try.

Nope...another CTD. Oh well. No biggie

Thanks for trying.

Dep
Old 12-13-16, 05:03 PM   #4
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

What an interesting mod. This guy didn't even know about JSGME or how to make a mod JSGME compatible, which it is not. It has two \data directories and a backup.zip, which I'll bet contains the whole stock game shebang--kind of not okay there.....). So he was entirely ignorant of how we install mods.

But he modded a lot of stuff. I'll have to look at it in awhile. It's really interesting to see a mod from outside the SH4 modding culture.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-16, 06:17 PM   #5
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Actually there is an older version in the list that is JSGME-ready, or so he claimed.

This is a collections of mods, none of them newer than 2010, and all are by SubSim members.
Old 12-13-16, 07:52 PM   #6
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Backup.zip contains only the original files that were modded, the whole smash is less than 1 meg so a backup of the entire game wouldn't fit in there.

Allegedly this is the JGSME version;

http://www.fileplanet.com/186597/180...(JSGME-Edition)

Personally I wouldn't bother, I looked over some of the files and he has zero set for all the enemy AI detection capabilities, with one million hit points and one million armor for all the player subs in the ZON files. I didn't even install it, if the enemy can't even see you to shoot at the hit points and armor are superfluous anyway. This mod changes it from a simulator to nothing more than a kid's arcade game.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-16, 12:44 AM   #7
Deputy
Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper297 View Post
Backup.zip contains only the original files that were modded, the whole smash is less than 1 meg so a backup of the entire game wouldn't fit in there.

Allegedly this is the JGSME version;

http://www.fileplanet.com/186597/180...(JSGME-Edition)

Personally I wouldn't bother, I looked over some of the files and he has zero set for all the enemy AI detection capabilities, with one million hit points and one million armor for all the player subs in the ZON files. I didn't even install it, if the enemy can't even see you to shoot at the hit points and armor are superfluous anyway. This mod changes it from a simulator to nothing more than a kid's arcade game.
Well, that's kinda the point of the mod. It's for someone who just wants to sit down and find stuff and blow it up. Not my style either. But it is what it is, as they say.
It is definitely defective, though.
Old 12-14-16, 05:49 PM   #8
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Understood, my main criticism is it seems like a lot of overkill. Using only the zones.cfg file from that mod and nothing else, your sub would be indestructable, with one million armor points they could drop a nuke on you without denting the hull.

Want to blow stuff up try this;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=4380

That affects only the explosive power of US torpedoes, with a choice of how much extra bang you use. Even the max damage doesn't get totally ridiculous, but 3 or 4 hits on Yamato will sink her, and even with the lowest a single hit on a destroyer will shred the evil beast.

Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 02:36 AM   #9
Deputy
Chief

Thanks Sniper! That looks interesting

Dep
Old 12-15-16, 04:51 AM   #10
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

If my memory serves me right, I think there was something very similar for SH2, like the above mod the DD's couldn't kill you and aircraft attack the same.

I think there should be something like this mod but not as severe that you could implement if say you were new to the sim and a bit like me returning after a long spell away, then after the player got more skilled then it could be knocked down a notch or two till eventually the player was full sub commander.

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 09:57 AM   #11
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy View Post
Well, that's kinda the point of the mod. It's for someone who just wants to sit down and find stuff and blow it up. Not my style either. But it is what it is, as they say.
It is definitely defective, though.
I suspect the problem to be that it was made for an earlier version of the game, maybe v1.3 or v1.4 before the v1.5 we all use today.

there was another mod back then made by mush martin called uber boat I think, or something like that, and with that mod you could take on a task force while you were surfaced and sink the whole lot and survive (or maybe my memory exaggerates a little) but he got so much grief from "certain" members that he removed the mod and wouldn't even discuss it anymore which was a shame because even though some hate mods like that, sometimes its fun to play "God mode" and just blow stuff up like crazy.

if you like the mod then try this, open the files in the mod and make a list of all the files so you can create duplicate copies of those same unmodded game files from your game so you can then mod them to make changes to the same correlating files from your game. this way you will make a v1.5 compatible version of the mod the way the original modder had intended it to work and then if you decide to share the mod simply give full credit to him with an explanation of what you did to make it work for todays game

you would need to know some modding to do this because you need to open all the files in S3D and winmerge for checking the text files to see which values get changed and make the same changes to the current "up to date" game file used today, but it will not be hard and just takes time and the patience to do it.

Last edited by Webster; 12-15-16 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-15-16, 04:19 PM   #12
Col7777
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 260

I remember seeing something about the Uber Boat Mod, I will admit I looked for it but as you say it got removed, I fancied a bit of a blast.

I also do Flight sim and some simmers who like everything as real as can be shun fictional aircraft repaints, but if they don't like them then don't use them and leave those that do to download them, after all the mod and/or fictional stuff isn't going on their PC is it?

Silent and Violent
Col7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 05:08 PM   #13
TheGreatElector
Torpedoman

Downloads: 1218
Uploads: 117

I remember this mod lol
TheGreatElector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 06:58 PM   #14
Deputy
Chief

A few days ago I saw a mod that made the boat almost invincible. Unfortunately, I forgot the name of it and the location. I went through every mod again and still can't find it.
Old 12-15-16, 08:04 PM   #15
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have a few mods that are mild "cheats" but try not to get "extreme" with them

I have torpedo and gun mods that allow you to take liberties with reality to make the game more fun but not go overboard with it