SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 06-06-19, 09:29 PM   #1
quink99
中国水兵

Downloads: 941
Uploads: 0
Default A problem with the TDW Generic Patcher

After quite a few years away from SubSim I have retired and finally returned to the fold here and to that end I've dragged out my almost ten year old copy of Silent Hunter 5 on disk only to find my computer just didn't have the "horsepower" to run it and TWOS. I have since uninstalled both SH5 and TWOS and then cleaned the computer using everything except a fire hose (as well as CCleaner).

I've now reinstalled SH5 again and this time added Sober's Mega Mod which I understand through reading the posts here is a bit more user friendly to elderly cripples such as my current computer. I'm now ready for the maiden voyage with one exception.

When I installed TDW's Generic Patcher I was able to install and get working eight of the nine "patches" but the ninth patch when I attempted to install it showed a "popup" box which said, word for word......

__________________________________________________ _________

"VERSION ERROR
c:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter\sh5.exe is different version than expected!

Patch:
Independent engine controls
Change 2
Reason: Bytes read does not equal bytes expected by patch
Bytes expected: C3CCCCCCCCC3CCCCCCCCC
3CCCCCCCC
__________________________________________________ __________

Since I am not particularly fluent in computer gibberish I've been able to make little or nothing of the above mentioned message.

If any one can help me "square this away" you'll be invited to the commissioning party and the launch! It should be a" hell of a party"

My thanks in advance for any assistance in advance,
Quink
quink99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 08:16 AM   #2
adrians69
Engineer

Downloads: 299

Sounds like you have not updated standard SH5 to version 1.2, hence the Generic Patcher not finding the correct file value

Click here to view my MS Flight Simulator X, Silent Hunter, Space Shuttle Mission Simulator, X Plane 11 & Train Simulator 2020 screenshots!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrians69/
adrians69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-19, 02:44 PM   #3
quink99
中国水兵

Default A problem with the TDW Generic Patcher

Adrians69,

Thanks so much for the quick response! You had me worried about the almost inconceivable fact that I might have actually made a mistake!

But, alas, no. I went to the first page in the bunker after the loading screens and there in the upper right corner was v1.2 showing the update had been made but I'm wide open to any other suggestions that anyone might have.
Old 06-07-19, 03:31 PM   #4
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
Adrians69,

Thanks so much for the quick response! You had me worried about the almost inconceivable fact that I might have actually made a mistake!

But, alas, no. I went to the first page in the bunker after the loading screens and there in the upper right corner was v1.2 showing the update had been made but I'm wide open to any other suggestions that anyone might have.

Still the TDW Generic Patcher may not work with the Steam version of SH5, and if you play with U-Play you need to shut down this app first. Also you need to shut down any Antivirus programs first so the patcher has free access to all files.

But coming soon: 'Xenon's Modlist', my modlist that you can install with a few clicks. My included Generic Patcher will work with all game versions 1.2.0 of SH5.

Take a look here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241069

Greetings,
XS
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-19, 07:44 PM   #5
quink99
中国水兵

Xenon,

The news of your forthcoming "MEGA MOD" sounds very interesting. I look forward to seeing more information and details about it and wish you best of luck. Meanwhile a couple of questions if I may,

1) Do you think your new MOD will be more or less computer resources intensive than Sober's and or TWOS?

2)Will TDW's latest, 750, I believe, be available? Not sure I could survive with out his SH5 UI version of the TDC with all the buttons, controls, maps displayed as they are in that version?

3) Which keyboard manager MOD will you offer? Church's?

Best wishes for your soon to be gift to all of us,
Quink
Old 06-08-19, 08:58 PM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Hi Quink,

my modlist is under heavy testing currently, but I'm optimistic that it will be ready for download soon. It will contain the best-of-best mods of the community, plus some of my own, but I will orient the gameplay to be easier compared to WoS and make necessary changes for EASY, MEDIUM and HARD difficulty.

Here the answers to your questions:

1) My modlist will load 2-3 times faster than TWoS, but you still need a decent computer system. The numerous mods loaded will demand a decent processor speed rather than everything else, a NVidia card with 4GB VRAM is optimal because of 'cache' collection which loads the 3D world faster and keeps it in memory.

2) The TDW NewUIs 7_5_0 is the core part of my modlist (together with OH2 v.2.5 campaign addition), adding the most useful submarine commands that go far beyond the stock game, including: Teleport between stations, direct crew commands, ability to run scripts for attack and defence scenarios. This mod will influence all station commands, from the maps to the torpedo handlings and introduction of many plotting and tools for interception and firing solutions. Author: TheDarkWraith

3) I will use the same keyboard config that you would find in TWoS, it's the most complete one. The keyboard help (F1 key) will contain a lot of additional commands for the TDW NewUIs. Basically, if you get familiar with TDW NewUIs, you will feel at home with this modlist. I will point to a good video serie made by Stoianm who explains the NewUIs and all possible commands in-depth.

The ability to change keyboard commands should be possible, but I have not included a special mod for this purpose.

Stay tuned! Currently I'm testing the different difficulty levels, and my introduced 'Air Support on demand' feature. I have a lot of fun playing my own changes

Cheers,
XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 06-08-19 at 09:29 PM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 11:02 AM   #7
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by quink99 View Post
I have retired and finally returned to the fold
Not being a regular SH5 player I'm not going to be much help, but I had to say Welcome Back and Welcome to the Old Farts' Club!