Old 05-13-19, 02:40 PM   #451
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by u crank View Post
Hey I don't write em I just calls em.
Hah, aye. It's hard to predict what happens. The predictable would be Jon killing Dany since he was robbed of NK kill, but who knows anymore with these two idiots. Maybe Wun Wun comes back and stomps her. *throws hands in air*

Would be nice to know about Bran's role too, but I guess that all goes to the 'The Long Night' spinoff they're planning.

Damn good example of how bad the writing is in season 8 is that the two battle episodes have been directed by the same guy who directed 'The Massacre at Hardhome'.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-19, 07:43 PM   #452
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Well, I was moderately happy with the writing, won't deny that it wasn't great, but it was acceptable. But now I cannot rewatch the series

and root for the brave, resourceful young girl all alone in the world as she made her way to the top by being a champion of the oppressed... just to see her transform into a genocidal maniac in the end. Now it would be like Adolph Hitler, the Early Years. All they were missing was to have had her land and boot stomp a couple dozen kitties. What a messed show, the burned the whole series to the ground.
Old 05-14-19, 05:20 AM   #453
Deepseadiver
Torpedoman

Downloads: 64

She has been killing people all along. Starting with her brother. This isn't that much of shock.

She has carried out Missandeis last request and her father's also.

Jon or Tyrionn will kill her and Gendry (Baratheon/Targaryen) will be King.
Deepseadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 05:39 AM   #454
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepseadiver View Post
She has been killing people all along. Starting with her brother. This isn't that much of shock.
How many of those were innocent people? This is the same woman who took a city for no other reason than to free the slaves there, the same woman who adopted how ever many women it was as her daughters so the dothraki couldn't rape them etc.

But you're right, it wasn't a shock. It was a disappointment. Everyone expected this to happen. It's the way it was done that basically assassinated her entire 7 season long character. There was no trigger. Had they killed Misandei in this episode, it would have made sense. Hell, even killing whatshisface dragon in this episode instead of the previous would have made sense for Dany to snap, that would have also fixed the plot device scorpions that were suddenly useless in this episode. But no, of course that's too clever writing for the Dumb & Dumber.
Old 05-14-19, 05:47 AM   #455
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Another 'coffee cup' blooper that was spotted before the show was aired: Jamie grew a new hand

Another point, remember the Dothraki being annihilated and the Unsullied being almost wiped out at Winterfell?

Look at how many of the buggas were fighting at Kings Landing.

Dany must have identical powers to that of the Night King

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is online   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 06:36 AM   #456
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

It is being reported that the Game Of Thrones prequel has a working title Bloodmoon and filming of the new series has already commenced.

Old 05-14-19, 07:17 AM   #457
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

Meet Denise in the Medieval fun-time world

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-19, 09:22 AM   #458
Deepseadiver
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
How many of those were innocent people? This is the same woman who took a city for no other reason than to free the slaves there, the same woman who adopted how ever many women it was as her daughters so the dothraki couldn't rape them etc.

But you're right, it wasn't a shock. It was a disappointment. Everyone expected this to happen. It's the way it was done that basically assassinated her entire 7 season long character. There was no trigger. Had they killed Misandei in this episode, it would have made sense. Hell, even killing whatshisface dragon in this episode instead of the previous would have made sense for Dany to snap, that would have also fixed the plot device scorpions that were suddenly useless in this episode. But no, of course that's too clever writing for the Dumb & Dumber.

I agree they could of had her dragon and Missadei both die in this episode to send her over the edge.

But like i said she has been killing all the way through the series. innocent or not she likes to do it in gruesome ways too..beheadings, incineration both by her and her dragons,mass crucifictions,suffication to name a few.
Old 05-14-19, 12:48 PM   #459
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
But like i said she has been killing all the way through the series. innocent or not she likes to do it in gruesome ways too..beheadings, incineration both by her and her dragons,mass crucifictions,suffication to name a few.
She never killed anyone for the sake of killing someone, it was always a punishment for something. Like the crucifixion of the slave owners was because they had done the same to their slaves, or Tarlys being killed because they refused to bend the knee to her, or letting her brother be killed by Khal Drogo because he threatened her. Remember what she did when an actual innocent person got killed by one of her dragons? She locked them away. She's always been portrayed as a liberator, not a tyrant.
Old 05-14-19, 03:48 PM   #460
Deepseadiver
Torpedoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
She never killed anyone for the sake of killing someone, it was always a punishment for something. Like the crucifixion of the slave owners was because they had done the same to their slaves, or Tarlys being killed because they refused to bend the knee to her, or letting her brother be killed by Khal Drogo because he threatened her. Remember what she did when an actual innocent person got killed by one of her dragons? She locked them away. She's always been portrayed as a liberator, not a tyrant.
Every crime has a death sentence. She is judge, jury and executioner.
Old 05-14-19, 08:12 PM   #461
August
Wayfaring Stranger

Downloads: 0

Quote:
Every crime has a death sentence. She is judge, jury and executioner.

That's how that type of society is set up.

Flanked by life and the funeral pyre. Putting on a show for you to see.
August is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 06:35 AM   #462
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That's how that type of society is set up.
Exactly.

Dany's not the only one whose character they butchered in a single episode. Look at both Jaime and Arya!

Arya's done some horrible things throughout the series for revenge and has shown no remorse. Now, at the eve of getting his ultimate revenge, she just turns back. This wouldn't irk me so much had they actually shown her thinking it over across multiple episodes, but no, she goes all the way to KL, reaches the Red Keep and just turns away because Clegane says she's going to end up like him. At that point, Arya is already like him. She is a cold-blooded killer.

Jaime's 180 is no better. His character has grown from the cocky Lannisters4ever dude to actually understand how screwed up his family is. And his switch happens within two episodes, with very little dialogue. Best part is when he tells Tyrion that he has never cared about the people, innocent or otherwise. That's directly at odds with him telling Brienne why he killed the Mad King back in season 3 or 4; to save not only Tywin, but also the people of KL.

It's all so very rushed.
Old 05-15-19, 07:03 AM   #463
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38

So is it a problem with George Martin's writing and storytelling, or does HBO bend it to some incongruous outcome?

I read one of Martin's SciFi stories some years ago, and i have to say i was less than delighted by his "Tuf" character and story telling.

>^..^<*)))>{ All generalizations are wrong.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-19, 07:05 AM   #464
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Fans of Game of Thrones have been desperate to find out what happens in season eight, but were left highly disappointed by the episode entitled The Bells.

They were so disappointed, especially by Cersei Lannister's (played by Lena Headey) death, that they have gone and scored the HBO show’s lowest ever rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...ells-HBO-video

Hardly surprising really.

Old 05-15-19, 07:07 AM   #465
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
So is it a problem with George Martin's writing and storytelling, or does HBO bend it to some incongruous outcome?

I read one of Martin's SciFi stories some years ago, and i have to say i was less than delighted by his "Tuf" character and story telling.
I don’t blame the writers entirely, they are working with what they've got. I blame the person who decided ending this epic series in six episodes was a good idea.

Tags
game of thrones, thrones