SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-18-12, 06:02 PM   #31
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 488
Uploads: 0

i have general question about ships...when you enter the map to fight the AI some times dont fire back at you no matter if you are on american side they just ignore you...is there a way to change that?
chrysanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 06:29 PM   #32
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrysanthos View Post
i have general question about ships...when you enter the map to fight the AI some times dont fire back at you no matter if you are on american side they just ignore you...is there a way to change that?
Need more information. What is the ship, what is the AI? Are you sure they are not both on the same side? Are they too far away? This ship is Japanese, if you go near Japanese ships they will ignore you, you are both Japanese.
So I need more information.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-12, 06:33 PM   #33
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

ok then i was trying the CL dido cruiser from cdp44 and the mission is tokyo saipan convoy...well my crew automatic engage the first ship...if i remember right it was a cruiser....after that they did not fire back...and no range was not the error...maybe i should change the entry date of the ship? who knows.....
Old 02-19-12, 04:55 PM   #34
TBear
Medic

Downloads: 27

Quote:
ok then i was trying the CL dido cruiser from cdp44 and the mission is tokyo saipan convoy...well my crew automatic engage the first ship...if i remember right it was a cruiser....after that they did not fire back...and no range was not the error...maybe i should change the entry date of the ship? who knows.....
Think you have to ask the one who createt the ship. Its almost imposible to give advice on other persons mods or ships. The ones peabody creates will be diffrent from the ones Karle makes. There is no real general way of doing it, so eveyone just kinda learn by doing.

Peabody have been my mentor, and even i do things abit diffrent than him.

personal Surface ships are a nightmare, other persons ships are plain hell...

TBear

IJN rules, but peabody makes it float!

"TAKAO" Status: work in progress
TBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-12, 10:28 PM   #35
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Ok, I know where you got the Dido, where did you get the mission? (Tokyo Saipan Convoy). Maybe the convoy ships are not armed? Let me know where to get the mission and I will look at it.

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 02-20-12, 07:28 AM   #36
chrysanthos
Grey Wolf

ok friend i have check it out...its a stock single player mission and it has lots of akizukis and asashios....so i dont think that the problem will be the AIship guns...for example if i take your kongo ship before i can say aaa they start shooting like crazy on me:/ anyway in other missions are ok....see ya
Old 03-04-12, 10:38 PM   #37
Karle94
The Old Man

Downloads: 253

TBear, I have a video made just for you. My Alaska squashing your precious little Takao like a bug on an airliner windscreen. I`m lying, there`s two of `em.

Find my mods here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/lzgciodldp58p/SH4_Mods
My SH4 blog here:
http://karle94.blogspot.com/
Karle94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 03:59 AM   #38
TBear
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
TBear, I have a video made just for you. My Alaska squashing your precious little Takao like a bug on an airliner windscreen. I`m lying, there`s two of `em.

Well this explains it all

Alaske is deffently more than a Takao can chew on. Personaly i belive that ship is a "pocket" battleship. It was made for one thing, and no matter how i like the Takao class the Alaska is simply way to powerfulll for a Takao (or even two) to take on in open combat.

Unfortently the game dont provide any use for AI to use Torpedoes. Two takaos could send out s pread salvo of a total of 16 type 93`s, and because of that i dont think the Alaska would engage two Takaos on open water alone.

But at the end of the day the Alaska is a extreem cool ship, well armed, well armoured, even Japanese BB`s "exept yamoto) would proberbly stay well away from it.

It realy sux my main HD died on me. Simply dont have enough space right now to make long movies. But you have createt a fantastic ship, and the movie is well werth watching to...

PS. Atleast i can say that the TAKAO is being reworked by me and peabody. And hopefully it will come out reworked with a few "blings" and a small surface campaign.

TBear

Old 03-05-12, 04:37 AM   #39
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBear View Post
Well this explains it all

Alaske is deffently more than a Takao can chew on. Personaly i belive that ship is a "pocket" battleship. It was made for one thing, and no matter how i like the Takao class the Alaska is simply way to powerfulll for a Takao (or even two) to take on in open combat.

Unfortently the game dont provide any use for AI to use Torpedoes. Two takaos could send out s pread salvo of a total of 16 type 93`s, and because of that i dont think the Alaska would engage two Takaos on open water alone.

But at the end of the day the Alaska is a extreem cool ship, well armed, well armoured, even Japanese BB`s "exept yamoto) would proberbly stay well away from it.

It realy sux my main HD died on me. Simply dont have enough space right now to make long movies. But you have createt a fantastic ship, and the movie is well werth watching to...

PS. Atleast i can say that the TAKAO is being reworked by me and peabody. And hopefully it will come out reworked with a few "blings" and a small surface campaign.

TBear
If an Alaska were to meet one, or two Takaos, the Takaos would still loose. As you could see in the video, I sank them well outside practical torpedo range. That would also be the case in real life. The 12 inch shell that the Alaska fired, had superior deck armor penetration than the 14 inch shell fired by the American battleships, and would as such be able to sink the Kongo, Fuso and Ise class, albeit with great risk, cause the Alaska was only protected against 12 inch shells and smaller.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 03-05-12, 06:01 AM   #40
TBear
Medic

The "flaw" with the Alaska is that it have virtual no protection below the waterline. Even the Takaos "puny" guns would be able to penetrate below the waterline. Yes practical torpedo range...if you ended up fighting one who is bigger than you you do what you can to run. Firering spread salvo of torpedoes is something that would be viable in sutch scenario, simply to make the enemy slow down for manouvers.

The Takao is also abit faster than the Alaska...

As statet, The Takao is no mach for the Alaska, you need to get up in Tirpitz size......

I have mangeded to sink the Alaska ingame. I was shot up so bad that the ship would be ready for the junkyard. (problem here is how a player manouver vs AI)

Ingame as a gamer i know how to tacle the big ships. Given the time i can sink them to. Right now the problem with the game Takao is that it only have 2 tubes. That is changing and it will get all 8 tubes in the future.

If you know what you are doing, night time and bad weather is where the full potentional of the Takao class shows. It is a ship class made for one thing. Agression. I would love to have more armour on it, but as you do i try to stay as close to data as posible.

The project are focusing on two things right now

adding all 8 tubes

Rework the secondary guns so they engage ships and not only aircraft. (loose the AA gain 8 more surface guns)

This is a 50-50 thing. The guns are DP guns, but the game use them strictly for AA as player ship. Just changing them to the other purpose..

Also working on zones.....and are beginning to se some compleetness with the UZO to firecontrol conversion....

Alaska ROX, byt my heart belongs to Takao

Old 03-05-12, 06:21 AM   #41
Karle94
The Old Man

Quote:

The "flaw" with the Alaska is that it have virtual no protection below the waterline. Even the Takaos "puny" guns would be able to penetrate below the waterline. Yes practical torpedo range...if you ended up fighting one who is bigger than you you do what you can to run. Firering spread salvo of torpedoes is something that would be viable in sutch scenario, simply to make the enemy slow down for manouvers.

The Takao is also abit faster than the Alaska...

As statet, The Takao is no mach for the Alaska, you need to get up in Tirpitz size......

I have mangeded to sink the Alaska ingame. I was shot up so bad that the ship would be ready for the junkyard. (problem here is how a player manouver vs AI)

Ingame as a gamer i know how to tacle the big ships. Given the time i can sink them to. Right now the problem with the game Takao is that it only have 2 tubes. That is changing and it will get all 8 tubes in the future.

If you know what you are doing, night time and bad weather is where the full potentional of the Takao class shows. It is a ship class made for one thing. Agression. I would love to have more armour on it, but as you do i try to stay as close to data as posible.

The project are focusing on two things right now

adding all 8 tubes

Rework the secondary guns so they engage ships and not only aircraft. (loose the AA gain 8 more surface guns)

This is a 50-50 thing. The guns are DP guns, but the game use them strictly for AA as player ship. Just changing them to the other purpose..

Also working on zones.....and are beginning to se some compleetness with the UZO to firecontrol conversion....

Alaska ROX, byt my heart belongs to Takao
I have managed to make working Dual Purpose guns. The solution was actually so simple I did`t find it until recently.

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 03-05-12, 07:01 AM   #42
TBear
Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karle94 View Post
I have managed to make working Dual Purpose guns. The solution was actually so simple I did`t find it until recently.

please enlighten me and peabody......almost feel sad posting these now no hard feelings i hope

PS.

One thing i noticed, is that the Alaska like all playable surface ships have the "bismark" syndrome. If you can manualy gun good. You can with 3 or 4 well placed salvos remove the rudders.

In general someone should create a tutorial on how to use surface ships. And specificly on how to use the diffrent ships. Most allied CVA`s and BB`s are broadside duke them out ships. But especialy the Japanese CVA`s require some thought and werry strict ways of using them to avoid the "grand" explosion.

This battle against the Alaska could have ended werry fast. But because i know the Takao inside out i could manouver wisely and end up in a 100% torpedo solution. But to do that there is alot of rudder movement and tactical use of the guns. On the surface there is no where to hide, its all about how you use the tool provided. I did the same test using the Furutake class. I didnt even get within 8000m before i blew up.

my basic rules

1. Never end up broadside to broadside
2. Always keep all guns on target using angle(remember rule 1). (im using the UZO for this, cant wait for my firecontrol to get done)
3. Stay at range. 8500-10.000
4. Remember to use Torpedoes
5. 65% hull damedge are the limit. Need to have something left for the return trip

Happy hunting

Last edited by TBear; 03-05-12 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-05-12, 08:39 AM   #43
Karle94
The Old Man

You truly are a piece of work! Just kidding. If you think the Alaska is a tough nut not to crack, imagine the Montana.

Ckeck post 122 in this thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...=186531&page=9

Find my mods here:
My SH4 blog here:
Old 03-05-12, 02:10 PM   #44
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
please enlighten me and peabody......almost feel sad posting these now no hard feelings i hope
I knew it was in here somewhere.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=151990

Peabody

Old 03-08-12, 02:42 PM   #45
peabody
Admiral

TBear,

Here are your 8 tubes, I need to reposition the doors and the animations for the doors and then I will post it for you.

I am going to put a Readme in the MOD so you will know what I added to the MOD to do this. So you will know what 'extra' files are needed and what files have been edited.

1-4 will be port. 5-8 will be starboard and then I will test it to make sure I didn't mess up.

Peabody