SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop > SH4 Mission Designers' Forum
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-11-08, 12:29 PM   #31
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
I'm new to SH4. What happened to this thread? Are missions still being made, and where can a master list(links) be found?
this part of the forum has been very quiet lately. With the new add on out you probably won't see any missiond unless they are uboat oriented.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-08, 05:07 PM   #32
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
A mission to Truk you will remember......

http://members.cox.net/wjibby/Truk Warship Mission.zip

I have been working on this for awhile.

Note:

The Jap traffic and LOC file has been changed. This added a Cruiser at the Truk dock which also got added in the Bay.

Hope you enjoy it....
Regards
Jib01

Last edited by Jib01; 04-09-08 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-13-08, 11:36 AM   #33
d5j55
Loader

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

:rotfl::rotfl:General Tso's Chicken:rotfl::rotfl: i like that name and that map. its quite creative.

oh and i am currently working on one that involves a huge battle.
d5j55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-08, 11:19 AM   #34
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib01
http://members.cox.net/wjibby/Truk Warship Mission.zip

I have been working on this for awhile.

Note:

The Jap traffic and LOC file has been changed. This added a Cruiser at the Truk dock which also got added in the Bay.

Hope you enjoy it....
Regards
Jib01
So how do I install this without changing my campaign.loc file. Do I need to do a backup or install with mod enabler?

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

Old 04-15-08, 09:22 AM   #35
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

To be on the safe side use the JSJME for the install and you can always go back. Depending on what campaing.loc file you have this one should be fine for all your games.

Regards
Jib01
Old 04-15-08, 11:26 AM   #36
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
To be on the safe side use the JSJME for the install and you can always go back. Depending on what campaing.loc file you have this one should be fine for all your games.

Regards
Jib01
Thanks Jib, I wasn't sure because you didn't mention it and I am not that familiar with the Mod enabler, so I wasn't sure what files it would work on.
I do have a question, I played the game without the campaign.loc and Jap traffic changed and it worked ok, I did notice when I zoomed in there was a graphic file it couldn't find. But the question, why did you decide to use PT boats? I was just wondering, I haven't used them because they won't fire torpedos. Do you find their speed is an advantage or was it just because you felt like using them? I'm not criticizing, just curious. The mission is a lot of fun but all those sunken ships are a pain. I fired at the troop transport and the BB floated by (sunk) and took the hits. Have to pay attention to everything, because something is usually in the way.
I also noticed the one DD that was left at the end, didn't even bother with me, which I thought was strange for a DD.

I have been working on a mission for a while now, but the editor is so limited in what I can do. And then the game jumps in and adds stuff that screws it up sometimes.

Fun mission!!

Peabody

Old 04-16-08, 09:31 AM   #37
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:

Regards
Jib01
Thanks Jib, I wasn't sure because you didn't mention it and I am not that familiar with the Mod enabler, so I wasn't sure what files it would work on.
I do have a question, I played the game without the campaign.loc and Jap traffic changed and it worked ok, I did notice when I zoomed in there was a graphic file it couldn't find. But the question, why did you decide to use PT boats? I was just wondering, I haven't used them because they won't fire torpedos. Do you find their speed is an advantage or was it just because you felt like using them? I'm not criticizing, just curious. The mission is a lot of fun but all those sunken ships are a pain. I fired at the troop transport and the BB floated by (sunk) and took the hits. Have to pay attention to everything, because something is usually in the way.
I also noticed the one DD that was left at the end, didn't even bother with me, which I thought was strange for a DD.

I have been working on a mission for a while now, but the editor is so limited in what I can do. And then the game jumps in and adds stuff that screws it up sometimes.

Fun mission!!

Peabody
Used them as decoys primarily and looking from the outside it has a lot of action. I was disappointed about the PT boats but what can you do. Glad you enjoyed it.
Were the docks in your mission along with the Cruiser at the dock ?

Regards
Jib01
Old 04-16-08, 02:38 PM   #38
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
Used them as decoys primarily and looking from the outside it has a lot of action. I was disappointed about the PT boats but what can you do. Glad you enjoyed it.

Regards
Jib01
Ok, I get the decoy part, I just was suprised to see them since they don't work, I think the guns work, but I know the torps don't. I did not change the campaign.loc file, so the docks were not there. I was not sure how you set it up and I didn't want to overwrite my 'original' campaign.loc. But now that I loaded your mission in the editor, I see what you are doing and I understand it is because there were no docks so that is why you used the campaign.loc file. Is that right?

If I may make a couple suggestions? Don't want to insult you but there is a better was to do this.
In campaign.loc when you add a 'map location' it seems to make it the proper size, but in your attack mission they are little tiny things, hard to positon and put ships into, you have to size them yourself, so here's the best way IMHO. This way you don't have to include the campaign.loc file with you mission.
(edit: I am sure you already know this but check to make sure the 'tools/map location edit mode' is checked if you do this)

1 Open a mission editor
2. Go to file/Open (normal mission) and select Campaign.loc
3. Add your docks (very small Pacific harbor) to Campaign.loc but don't save it. (You already have, but for future reference you don't need to save the changes to the original campaign.loc) You don't need to position the docks, we are just going to take some information from the 'map location' screen.
4. Open a second mission editor
5. Open your 'Truk mission' in the second editor.
6. Add map location (verysmallpacificharbor-same as you did in campaign.loc but they won't be the same size!!) You can add both or do one at a time.
7. Now Go to the first editor with 'campaign.loc' (make sure the drag hand is not selected) and click on the square that shows on the dock to select it, then right click and choose "Edit Map Location". It will show a lot of numbers and selections. Zoom start, zoom end, scale on zoom, terrain height, obj slope, and scale. You can write these down or not.
8. Go to the editor that has your 'Truk mission' and open the "edit map location" for the same dock and take the numbers and any boxes that are checked from the 'campaign.loc' dock and put them into your 'Truk' docks. Now the dock will be identical to the ones in the 'campaign.loc' Same size etc. You don't need to use the same name as the 'campaign.loc' but use the same numbers.
9. In your "Truk mission" make sure "Is savable" is checked in the map location editor and 'accept' the changes. Place them where they need to go. Do the same thing for the second dock and then save your Truk mission.
10. The docks will save with the mission and you will not need campaign.loc anymore because the docks will be saved in your mission file.
11. Basically what you are doing is taking the correct info from the 'campaign.loc' file and putting it into your mission file, so you don't have to keep changing numbers until the dock is the right size. The info is already there you just need to put it into the dock that you add to your mission and then the docks are saved with the mission and you don't need 'campaign.loc for them to show.

If I didn't explain this very well, just let me know. I could even do some screen shots if you don't understand me. Sometimes I don't explain very well.

Ok, so that eliminates the need to include the 'campaign.loc' file with your mission. Now let's get rid of the Jap_Harbor traffic. All that file does is add a 'Random Generated Group' to the mission(which is your cruiser), you can do that by right clicking on the map and select "Add random Generated Group". The problem with this is that it will not generate a group or ship or plane or anything if you are within 20nm and you are a lot closer than that. The only reason that ship appears is the start date in properties for the group (which is a one ship group) is BEFORE the date your sub appears, so the ship is basically there before the mission starts, otherwise it would never appear. You don't really need a random generated group. First of all it is not a 'group' it is only one ship. It is meant to generate groups at certain times, so you can have convoys or Task Forces appearing during the game without having to put them in. It automatically adds them every so often, depending on what times you put in.

Edit: I just read your original post over and noticed you said it put a ship at the dock and one in the bay. It is set to spawn one every 24 hours, and it is set as a docked ship. It shouldn't move from the dock, so it doesn't make sense to even write a routine to spawn a docked ship in the same place every 24 hours. They should spawn on top of each other. ?????? Got me confused. I don't understand I have a mission I just use for testing stuff and I just put a sub and merged the campaign.loc and the Jap Harbor traffic and I didn't get any ships????? I did get the random generated group icon but no ships. And I even set the dates the same. Of course, I didn't put in all your other ships. Got me confused (Guess I said that already). Maybe they won't spawn without the dock?? I'll try that. This program certainly gets the brain cells a workout.
Another edit: That's it, if you don't have a dock you don't get a ship, but I still didn't get one in the bay????? I put in a dock didn't even resize it and the ship showed up.

But you only need one ship, so it is better to add it yourself. Now that your docks show in your editor, you can just add the cruiser, heading 180, speed 0, select "docked ship" and put it up near your dock and it will be facing out instead of in, add a waypoint and done.
Here's another tip, If you add the cruiser with those settings but DON'T select 'docked ship', when you go to attack it, it will try to get away, it won't just sit there and let you torpedo it. Not saying you need to do that but it is kind of cool when you think you have an easy target and it sails away. Of course it may sail away when the PT boats get near it too which would kind of ruin the surprise, so it's up to you how you put it in. You could test it a few times and see what happens. But if you want it to stay put, check 'docked ship'.

Only thing I had a problem with, when the mission starts I am on the surface and take some damage from shore batteries and a destroyer before I get submerged. If it is enough damage it could end the mission right there. So it might be better to set the sub height to minus 15. (-15) that will make it submerged at periscope depth (depending on which sub is selected at the start). Of course that may not be what you want, so you can leave it on the surface if you want to. But, the second time I played it, I had a LOT of damage including flooding.

I think the fun part of this mission is trying to hit ships with all the ships that have been sunk in the way.

Also, I always add a 'readme' file (just use wordpad) to explain about changing the SM## to something else if they already have an SM12. Some people are new to the game and don't know how or where to add a mission so I just tell them where it goes and how to change the SM number on the folder, .mis file and .tsr file. I typed up one and saved it and just change the mission name each time I use it. And make sure to tell them not to change the SM number on the .tga files or they won't work. If fact you don't even need an SM number on the pics they just have to be the same as the filename you use in the briefing screen. (In fact right now your mission is SM83 and the .tga is SM12. I don't have 83 missions, I just picked a number.)

If you already know this stuff just tell me to bug off. I hope you don't take this wrong, just trying to help, not meant as an insult. It was a fun mission and I liked it. You did a good job.

Peabody

Last edited by peabody; 04-16-08 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 12:11 PM   #39
Jib01
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody
Quote:

Regards
Jib01
Ok, I get the decoy part, I just was suprised to see them since they don't work, I think the guns work, but I know the torps don't. I did not change the campaign.loc file, so the docks were not there. I was not sure how you set it up and I didn't want to overwrite my 'original' campaign.loc. But now that I loaded your mission in the editor, I see what you are doing and I understand it is because there were no docks so that is why you used the campaign.loc file. Is that right?

If I may make a couple suggestions? Don't want to insult you but there is a better was to do this.
In campaign.loc when you add a 'map location' it seems to make it the proper size, but in your attack mission they are little tiny things, hard to positon and put ships into, you have to size them yourself, so here's the best way IMHO. This way you don't have to include the campaign.loc file with you mission.
(edit: I am sure you already know this but check to make sure the 'tools/map location edit mode' is checked if you do this)

1 Open a mission editor
2. Go to file/Open (normal mission) and select Campaign.loc
3. Add your docks (very small Pacific harbor) to Campaign.loc but don't save it. (You already have, but for future reference you don't need to save the changes to the original campaign.loc) You don't need to position the docks, we are just going to take some information from the 'map location' screen.
4. Open a second mission editor
5. Open your 'Truk mission' in the second editor.
6. Add map location (verysmallpacificharbor-same as you did in campaign.loc but they won't be the same size!!) You can add both or do one at a time.
7. Now Go to the first editor with 'campaign.loc' (make sure the drag hand is not selected) and click on the square that shows on the dock to select it, then right click and choose "Edit Map Location". It will show a lot of numbers and selections. Zoom start, zoom end, scale on zoom, terrain height, obj slope, and scale. You can write these down or not.
8. Go to the editor that has your 'Truk mission' and open the "edit map location" for the same dock and take the numbers and any boxes that are checked from the 'campaign.loc' dock and put them into your 'Truk' docks. Now the dock will be identical to the ones in the 'campaign.loc' Same size etc. You don't need to use the same name as the 'campaign.loc' but use the same numbers.
9. In your "Truk mission" make sure "Is savable" is checked in the map location editor and 'accept' the changes. Place them where they need to go. Do the same thing for the second dock and then save your Truk mission.
10. The docks will save with the mission and you will not need campaign.loc anymore because the docks will be saved in your mission file.
11. Basically what you are doing is taking the correct info from the 'campaign.loc' file and putting it into your mission file, so you don't have to keep changing numbers until the dock is the right size. The info is already there you just need to put it into the dock that you add to your mission and then the docks are saved with the mission and you don't need 'campaign.loc for them to show.

If I didn't explain this very well, just let me know. I could even do some screen shots if you don't understand me. Sometimes I don't explain very well.

Ok, so that eliminates the need to include the 'campaign.loc' file with your mission. Now let's get rid of the Jap_Harbor traffic. All that file does is add a 'Random Generated Group' to the mission(which is your cruiser), you can do that by right clicking on the map and select "Add random Generated Group". The problem with this is that it will not generate a group or ship or plane or anything if you are within 20nm and you are a lot closer than that. The only reason that ship appears is the start date in properties for the group (which is a one ship group) is BEFORE the date your sub appears, so the ship is basically there before the mission starts, otherwise it would never appear. You don't really need a random generated group. First of all it is not a 'group' it is only one ship. It is meant to generate groups at certain times, so you can have convoys or Task Forces appearing during the game without having to put them in. It automatically adds them every so often, depending on what times you put in.

Edit: I just read your original post over and noticed you said it put a ship at the dock and one in the bay. It is set to spawn one every 24 hours, and it is set as a docked ship. It shouldn't move from the dock, so it doesn't make sense to even write a routine to spawn a docked ship in the same place every 24 hours. They should spawn on top of each other. ?????? Got me confused. I don't understand I have a mission I just use for testing stuff and I just put a sub and merged the campaign.loc and the Jap Harbor traffic and I didn't get any ships????? I did get the random generated group icon but no ships. And I even set the dates the same. Of course, I didn't put in all your other ships. Got me confused (Guess I said that already). Maybe they won't spawn without the dock?? I'll try that. This program certainly gets the brain cells a workout.
Another edit: That's it, if you don't have a dock you don't get a ship, but I still didn't get one in the bay????? I put in a dock didn't even resize it and the ship showed up.

But you only need one ship, so it is better to add it yourself. Now that your docks show in your editor, you can just add the cruiser, heading 180, speed 0, select "docked ship" and put it up near your dock and it will be facing out instead of in, add a waypoint and done.
Here's another tip, If you add the cruiser with those settings but DON'T select 'docked ship', when you go to attack it, it will try to get away, it won't just sit there and let you torpedo it. Not saying you need to do that but it is kind of cool when you think you have an easy target and it sails away. Of course it may sail away when the PT boats get near it too which would kind of ruin the surprise, so it's up to you how you put it in. You could test it a few times and see what happens. But if you want it to stay put, check 'docked ship'.

Only thing I had a problem with, when the mission starts I am on the surface and take some damage from shore batteries and a destroyer before I get submerged. If it is enough damage it could end the mission right there. So it might be better to set the sub height to minus 15. (-15) that will make it submerged at periscope depth (depending on which sub is selected at the start). Of course that may not be what you want, so you can leave it on the surface if you want to. But, the second time I played it, I had a LOT of damage including flooding.

I think the fun part of this mission is trying to hit ships with all the ships that have been sunk in the way.

Also, I always add a 'readme' file (just use wordpad) to explain about changing the SM## to something else if they already have an SM12. Some people are new to the game and don't know how or where to add a mission so I just tell them where it goes and how to change the SM number on the folder, .mis file and .tsr file. I typed up one and saved it and just change the mission name each time I use it. And make sure to tell them not to change the SM number on the .tga files or they won't work. If fact you don't even need an SM number on the pics they just have to be the same as the filename you use in the briefing screen. (In fact right now your mission is SM83 and the .tga is SM12. I don't have 83 missions, I just picked a number.)

If you already know this stuff just tell me to bug off. I hope you don't take this wrong, just trying to help, not meant as an insult. It was a fun mission and I liked it. You did a good job.

Peabody
The problem with using the editor is that there are no instructions to do something so you ask around and someone gives you a clue as to how to do it. I had to do this by trial and error and this is how it came out. Besides, I wanted a Truk base thruout the campaign not just for a mission. Many of the missions here are done the same way without knowing the proper way to do things for a mission.

Your suggestions are certainly educational and I know many do not know about these methods. Again, I blame Ubi for not providing a comprehensive editor instruction book. All we have is one that was written for SH3.

I will try some of your ideas and see how it goes. If I have problems I will PM you with the questions..

Thanks for the suggestions......that's how we learn....
Regards
Jib01
Old 04-18-08, 01:18 PM   #40
peabody
Admiral

Quote:
The problem with using the editor is that there are no instructions to do something so you ask around and someone gives you a clue as to how to do it. I had to do this by trial and error and this is how it came out. Besides, I wanted a Truk base thruout the campaign not just for a mission. Many of the missions here are done the same way without knowing the proper way to do things for a mission.

Your suggestions are certainly educational and I know many do not know about these methods. Again, I blame Ubi for not providing a comprehensive editor instruction book. All we have is one that was written for SH3.

I will try some of your ideas and see how it goes. If I have problems I will PM you with the questions..

Thanks for the suggestions......that's how we learn....
Regards
Jib01
I agree with you about the lack of a manual. I have two "missions" that are just for testing, I get an idea i open one of them and try it out. I didn't know you wanted the port for the whole campaign. The only reason I gave that idea is that some people (me included) would not know that they could use mod enabler to change the campaign.loc file, so it would be easier for them to install if you just put the docks right into the mission and then they won't have to deal with the extra files, you can still leave your own campaign.loc the way it is, you just need to get the numbers and put them in the mission dock and save it with the mission.
I was not insulting your mission, it is great I have played it three times!! The third time I sunk the Carrier and the troop ship but the cruisers were sunk by something else. Now that I think about it I'm not sure about the one on the dock if it was sunk or not, forgot that was a cruiser. I sank the battle ship but didn't get credit, must be the allied BB put the final shot into it or something else hit it.

Since the harbor is shallow,when I ran out of torpedos, I went around the backside of the Carrier and it was out of the water just enough to shield me from the landbases guns. So, I surfaced (slowly to make sure I was really shielded) and shot three Merchants with the deck gun. After a few shots on each they would fire back but not unless I fired a few shots first. Ya, I know, now that I told you that you're going to put in another gun so I can't do that anymore.

I know I have done things in missions and then found a better way later. Like you say, we learn from each other. One thing I don't understand, if i use the 'jap harbor traffic.mis' the Random Generated Group icon shows, but I don't get a ship unless there is a dock. In my Battle of Bismark Sea mission I have a sub tender "docked" out in the sea with no dock and it shows. ??? I don't know the answer to that one.

The only reason I found about saving the docks is the "Battle or Balikpapan" it has a star with a ship instead of the flag or binoculars. And I wondered how they did that. So I loaded it into the mission editor and found out it was a 'map location' so I started playing around in there and found out how to do things like adding docks. And after playing a while I found out I don't need to make the whole 'campaign.loc' as saveable, I can just mark "saveable" for the item I want.

I also learn from other peoples comments, I did the "Sleeping Giant" mission and had a ton of mistakes in it, which I didn't see because I knew what I was suppose to do, but they made me realize I didn't give enough information. I am reworking it, but I haven't finished it yet.

Oh, and I wanted to comment on what I said about the random generated group with the docked ship....When I said it doesn't make sense to do that, I was talking about UBI not you!!! They wrote the "Jap Harbor Traffic.mis" and that is where they spawn a new 'docked' ship every 24 hours, it doesn't make sense. Unless they write a routine to make it disappear every 23 hours, the ships will spawn on top of each other. Maybe it is in case someone goes in and sinks it, it will disappear every 23 hrs and then re-appear.
Peabody

Old 05-28-08, 05:44 AM   #41
keltos01
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 114
Uploads: 18
Default IJN Missions

could anyone help me please ?
I'd like missions re enacting the jap sub attacks on the west coast of the US, the attack on Freemantle Harbor etc...
could anyone make those for me (that's a part of sh4 I don't know about..)
thanks
keltos01

keltos01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 08:58 AM   #42
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default Just this morning

I opened this site this morning for the first time.
I am running SH4, patched to 1.4, and TMO (I do not have U-Boat Mod).
How do I determine if I can run these missions, and where I install them? Also, where does it tell me if they are MP or single, I only play single play missions.
OH if this is deemed a stupid question by some of you, don't answer me please. I have been coming to this site (Subsim), since the 90s started with 688i and Fast Attack, but lately I have read derogatory remarks when some one ask a legitimate question. I don't know why this is happening but I, as a long time user, find it in very poor taste. I am 67 years old, with some health problems and playing Sub Simulations provides a great deal of entertainment for me. So, if all you have to offer in regards to my questions is ridicule- stow it- I will move on.

Thank you,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 03:01 PM   #43
FAdmiral
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 6

Don't fret, Sub Sailor. I am 69 myself and play many different games.
SH4 is a very good sim and gets better every day with add-ons by the
experts here at Subsim. The new U-Boat expansion (I don't have it yet
myself but will get is sometime this summer) adds many more hours of
play to this already fine game.....

JIM

www.fairtax.org
FAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-08, 04:55 PM   #44
peabody
Admiral

Sub, no question is dumb. The one with the smart remarks didn't know the answer either until some one told him, now he thinks he's a genius.
I have found that most people that write missions may not tell you if they are single missions, but usually DO tell you if it's multiplayer. So, if it doesn't say then it's probably a single mission. And a lot give names like SM12 Mission Name for single an MP Mission Name for mutiplayer.

To install you just put the folder inside "Singlemissions" folder in SH4/data. As for whether they will run or not, you really would just have to try them, because you don't know what they used to write them. They are not very big usually, so it isn't like it takes a long time to download. If they put a picture in the folder for a briefing screen that is usually the biggest thing in there. The biggest one I wrote with a pic and the files compressed was 67Kb so it d/ls in no time. So, it's no big deal to d/l, try it, if it doesn't work then you can either delete it or stick it aside in case you get 1.5. (Uboat Add-on)
One note though if you decide to keep them DO NOT rename the folder they are in. There will be at least 2 files "missionname.mis" and "missionname.tsr" and these MUST have the same name as the folder they are in. So for that example it would be in a folder called "missionname" There may be other files in there like a picture .tga, or a readme file, those names don't matter, except don't change the .tga name or it won't show on the briefing screen, it just doesn't have to match the folder name.

So, simply put unless they tell you which version it is, you won't know if it will work unless you try it.

Peabody

Old 06-13-08, 07:54 AM   #45
Sub Sailor
Commander

Downloads: 66
Default How do I know?

Hey thank you very much. My next question how can I tell if the mission(S) are for my setup,-SH4 patched to 1.4 and using the TMO modification? I am unclear about the numbering system used. I believe that 1.5 is U-Boat mod but not sure how mine is labeled. I have no interest in installing the U-Boat mod at this time but believe it's great for those who enjoy U-Boats. There is or should be room on this site for everyone.
About the comments, I first started on this site in the 90s, but a computer problem required me to set-up a new account, so I show membership since 2002. In the last couple of years I have seen the level of rudeness and derogatory comments increase. When I started people were glad to help and it was a joy to be on the site. I was able to help people with 688i and SC and it was fun. Now if you still run SC you are dumb, you must run DW-WHY, I thought we were allowed free choice. Beats the hell out of me.

Thank you again,

Ron Banks MMCM(SS), USN(Ret)
Sub Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote