SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-10-10, 06:29 AM   #796
Forensicman101
Gunner

Downloads: 79
Uploads: 0
Default Problem Sorted

I solved the problem of the large dials obscuring the AA crew: with the number lock on, if I hit the Del key the menu bar and dials disappear.

For those who like to have a ready reference when playing, here's a link to a MS Word file that I've produced that lists the RFBv2 ships tonnages and drafts:

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman
Forensicman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-10, 08:41 AM   #797
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensicman101 View Post
I solved the problem of the large dials obscuring the AA crew: with the number lock on, if I hit the Del key the menu bar and dials disappear.

For those who like to have a ready reference when playing, here's a link to a MS Word file that I've produced that lists the RFBv2 ships tonnages and drafts:

http://www.filefront.com/user/forensicman
Another possible solution is make some change to GUI as maked for TMO (Beta Update). The AA guns crew is free of the dials.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 05:48 AM   #798
LukeFF
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
I´m a newbie with RFB (I use TMO 2 plus RSRDC now), and I´m trying RFB 2 with RSRDC. I want to know if RFB plus RSRDC is compatible with Pouls sounds and EAX sounds.
Depends on what files those two mods overwrite.

Quote:
The mod- I´m seeing- has and environment submod included. What is it: Real Environment?
Yes, it's the latest environment work done by kriller.

ROW Sound Effects Contributor
RFB Team Leader
LukeFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-10, 07:55 AM   #799
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3214

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeFF View Post
Depends on what files those two mods overwrite.

Yes, it's the latest environment work done by kriller.
Many thanks for the answers.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 08:05 AM   #800
itman
Seaman

Downloads: 144
Default the awol third man

I'm not sure if it's RFB related or not.

I'm in the balao-class right now and when I'd check the crew-screen theres a crew member from the control-room showing up in the conning tower. This happens just on the third shift.

I have arranged the crew like this:

and a third man shows up in the conning tower

That guy should go to his duty in the control-room. So how could I send him down to the control-room?

This does not affect gameplay - you know - we just can't have some guy running around and does duty wherever he likes to do duty...

cheers itman
itman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-10, 03:39 PM   #801
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Have they made it where can dive below 450 yet? 600 foot depth gauges were badly needed in RFB last time I played.Going to load up RFB again soon so hoping can take Balao or Tench deep.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-10, 11:48 PM   #802
TaipaN_
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

With RFB 2, the planes spin and blow up or crash after passing me. Is this a bug or are my AAA gun guys so good I didn't even hear them shoot?

Also destroyers damage themselves somehow even in the deep. What could cause this? I looked up scope and one was on fire!
Old 11-26-10, 08:38 PM   #803
mgkaro
Swabbie

Downloads: 59

Hi guys,

Just installed SH4 today for the first time, (after months of playing steel fury) and followed all the instructions.
Right now I have the following problem: RFB 2.0 enabled and the game starts, I can click on training missions without a hiccup.
But if I activate RFB 2.0 together with the April 23rd patch, I get a ctd the moment I click on training missions.

Apologies if the solutions has been already posted, been going through the pages but didn´t find anything. Any help appreciated.

thanks

edit: some more information: I run win7-64. Finished the first training mission with RFB 2.0. Retried the patch. to no avail. I get a ctd on training mission, campaign, single missions. The only thing that works are "options" and "load".

Last edited by mgkaro; 11-27-10 at 09:25 AM.
mgkaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-10, 07:38 PM   #804
Kongo Otto
Commodore

Downloads: 203

Hi i have downloaded the mod (RSRD) and was on my first Mission and the following Problems occured:

1. I have no Hogans alley
2. When Boat submerged and not at General Quarters i have just one sailor manning the diving planes.
3. My map became pink, short afterwards the whole Screen went yellow and i had a ctd. This happened when i switched from the Bridge back to the map.

Submarine in use: USS Porpoise
Date: Dec 9th 1941 on way back to Pearl harbor
Mission: Exercise and Deep Diving Trials off North Midway Island

My Mods:

RFB_2.0
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
RSRDC_RFB_Pre Pearl Harbor Career Start

Edit by Dec 12th :
Cleaned game of my HD and did a new install. Works fine.
No more problems.

Last edited by Kongo Otto; 12-12-10 at 05:00 PM.
Kongo Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-10, 08:04 PM   #805
malandrino6902
Nub

Downloads: 11
Default german periscope wiew

Not sure if doing this right, hope i ,am in the right forum. Question: Can a change the german periscope wiew back to vanilla, whith the grades and lines, as in sh3, still keeping rfbf which i think is a great mod.
malandrino6902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 03:38 AM   #806
Kai Lae
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Hi, need some help with RFB 2.0. Actually installation of RFB period. When I attempt to install any of the mods (tried 1.52 and 2.0) using JGME, it apparently installs the mod correctly, but when it loads up, get the following:

"File not found: data/menu/data/black80.tga"

this is in a popup menu. I can hit ok to override it but it comes up again. Hitting ok enough times then causes a different message to come up.

I have windows 7, and it's pretty notorious for not doing what you tell it to do with installation to the program files directory, so I assumed this might be what it was about. I copied the entire game directory to desktop and totally reinstalled it. No go either same result. At this point I'm not sure what else to try could someone please help me?
Kai Lae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 12:02 PM   #807
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

Hi Kai Lae, I'm useing RFB with Windows7 with no probs. A couple of things to remember: First, with Windows 7, do not install SH4 in the x86 folder. Create a folder directly on the C drive, and install there. Secondly, be sure to run the program with Administrator rights. Thirdly, mabey there is a corrupt file. I would re-download and re-install the mod. That's all I could think of right now. As I said, I'm running the game and RFB with Windows7 without a hitch. Good luck.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 12:25 PM   #808
Kai Lae
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish40 View Post
Hi Kai Lae, I'm useing RFB with Windows7 with no probs. A couple of things to remember: First, with Windows 7, do not install SH4 in the x86 folder. Create a folder directly on the C drive, and install there. Secondly, be sure to run the program with Administrator rights. Thirdly, mabey there is a corrupt file. I would re-download and re-install the mod. That's all I could think of right now. As I said, I'm running the game and RFB with Windows7 without a hitch. Good luck.

You would seem to be the perfect person to help out then First I got the game on the cheap from steam, so it installed automatically to the steam directory (x86). I had no choice in the matter. Not sure what I can do about that. In practice in the past if I suspected that trying to copy files was running into permission issues I would just cut the game directory to my desktop and try again, which would fix the problem usually. This didn't happen this time so I think not. As for running as admin, which program? I have already tried running JGME as admin w/o effect. I don't think running silent 4 as admin would have any effect, as it seems issue is with the mod installation itself. Silent 4 works stock, just not the mod. As for a corrupt install, that would make sense other than the fact it's now done it twice. Originally I downloaded 1.52 (didn't realize that there was a 2.0) and tried that, and I got the same error messages. I then assumed fault was with the fact I was using outmoded version, downloaded 2.0, and same thing. It should be noted if you hit ok to all the warning popup boxes (many many boxes) eventually the game CTD's.

Since you got it working on your end, perhaps if you wrote up exactly what you did to get it running I could just copy what you did, and fix the issue? I suspect the problem is actually quite simple to resolve but without knowing the next logical step to take, it will be quite difficult to do so. I strongly suspect I must be UR DOING IT WRONG but IDK what I need to do.

Hmm...bilge rat as a title...could be worse. Could say A-Gang And I sure have cleaned enough bilges to last me a lifetime...
Old 12-15-10, 01:41 PM   #809
Fish40
The Old Man

Downloads: 146

I'll try to help, but I'll tell you now, there are smarter people out there that will hopefully read this and lend a hand. OK, dumb question: Unless I missed it, you are running 1.5 version of the game, with the U Boat missions correct? As for the Steam version, I really have no experience since all my games have been purchased on disc. When you install, are you sure there is no option to install to another directory other than the default? I do know from the advice of many others, that installing game programs in the x86 directory has a tendency to cause problems. If you refer to the "Stickied" thread in the SH4 Fleetboat Mods forum, I believe there is a topic on installing the game in Vista and 7. I used this guide with my own install.

As for which program to run as Administrator, I am referring to SH4 itself. Make sure your SH4 shortcut on your desktop points to SH4 exe., and not SH4 gui. This will also cause problems. Right click on the shortcut to assertain the info. Also after right clicking, find the "Compatability" tab, and once there, you will find the option to run the program as Administrator. I hope this helps alittle. Hopefully someone smarter will stop in and lend a hand.
Fish40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-10, 04:04 PM   #810
Kai Lae
Swabbie

Quote:
I'll try to help, but I'll tell you now, there are smarter people out there that will hopefully read this and lend a hand. OK, dumb question: Unless I missed it, you are running 1.5 version of the game, with the U Boat missions correct?
Yep, picked up the whole shebang on the cheap. IMO good way to make a game budget go extra long, because good old games also have fully formed mods, are fully patched, etc.

Quote:
As for the Steam version, I really have no experience since all my games have been purchased on disc. When you install, are you sure there is no option to install to another directory other than the default?
As far as I know, when you download it it automatically extracts itself to the steam directory and there's no way around that. Steam is great in that you can just right click from your chair and get a new toy. Not so great in that you then have to deal with potential steam problems as well.

Quote:
I do know from the advice of many others, that installing game programs in the x86 directory has a tendency to cause problems. If you refer to the "Stickied" thread in the SH4 Fleetboat Mods forum, I believe there is a topic on installing the game in Vista and 7. I used this guide with my own install.

As for which program to run as Administrator, I am referring to SH4 itself. Make sure your SH4 shortcut on your desktop points to SH4 exe., and not SH4 gui. This will also cause problems. Right click on the shortcut to assertain the info. Also after right clicking, find the "Compatability" tab, and once there, you will find the option to run the program as Administrator. I hope this helps alittle. Hopefully someone smarter will stop in and lend a hand.
As I said I don't know a way around the install to X86 directory issue as you're not given a choice in the matter. What I've found is that if you believe this is a problem, cut/paste the whole directory to a place that doesn't have the annoying permission issue (desktop works well) and do whatever you need to do there, then cut/paste the whole shebang again back where it was originally. Tried that this time, didn't work. As for the shortcut, it's very odd since it points to a URL instead:

steam://rungameid/15200

Properties doesn't even say it is a shortcut actually. Oddly my other steam games don't share this configuration (civ 5 for example). Not sure what to make of this. Because of this none of the options you're talking about are available. Personally I doubt that this would help as the actual game works fine, it's only the mod that doesn't seemingly install correctly.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable will show up fast who knows what is up with these error messages, because the mod itself looks great and do want.