SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-11, 06:43 AM   #11
Radio
Planesman

Downloads: 339
Uploads: 0

Only the pipes in the 3d view. That is if I hadn't uploaded some wrong files

In the download only the U-IX interior was fixed, i had copied the wrong file for the XXI into the zip, sorry.

AND it seems that those fix ONLY the visual side of the leaking pipes, the hissing sound continued

<Sigh>

Anyway, it is rather easy to fix the leaking pipes all you have to do is to set some states to STOP instead of INFINITY in the *_CR* files, there are 4 nodes max per interior (with subnodes of course) that need hat simple change. About the sound... well no clue here yet, I checked the other files but could not find the problem. Maybe vickers or Webster can help?

Something completely different: You seem to be rather competent about the IJN and other naval Japanese WWII activities, so I have a question, maybe you have more info on that rather interesting (to me) topic.

I read in a book about german U-Boats in the pacific that the german sailors witnessed a deep and really (to them) confusing kind of hostility between the japanese navy and their groundforces (army) when anchored in a japanese harbour. In the book the german sailor described a japanese ship being bombed by US planes in the harbour, which burned and sank. The ship belonged to the groundforces. The IJN sailors refused to help the victims and even ordered the germans that wanted to help to stay back.

The author wrote "That was borderline-sabotage behaviour by the IJN" and that they were really surprised by that. As I read that I wondered about the background of that all, had it to do with archaic traditions or had something happened to explain that behaviour etc etc.

Do you have any explanation for that? I just have to know, hehe.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote