SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-05-12, 03:04 PM   #1426
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

Put in this order

Accurate German Flags
Real Environment - Revision_3
stoianm colored exterior mod v2 (low color)
Environment Sounds
sobers stock fog
sobers best ever waves SH5
sobers 3D deck spray mod V7

Last edited by THE_MASK; 03-05-12 at 06:16 PM.
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 05:45 PM   #1427
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191
Uploads: 0

Thanks Mr. Sober, missed that one, will try.
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-12, 05:55 PM   #1428
stratojet
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 107

stratojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 01:06 PM   #1429
Herr Trigger
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 191

F.A.O. Sober,
Sorry to be an arse but the Stoianm Coloured Exterior Mod with Real Env. ?
I'm not disputing this just making sure !
Thanks,
Regards,
H.T.
Herr Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 06:10 PM   #1430
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:
Default Jade Green Surrounding Water

Have a look at that top picture on page 1.

Does anyone know what causes that jade green color streak in the water around and behind the Uboat?

I use stoianm's environment mod, not this one, and experience this color difference as well (which may have nothing to do with the mod itself). I just saw W_clear's pic and realized he has it too!! Lately, I've been puzzled as to why the water's like that. Does anyone know if this is stock or is it mod related?

The foamy wake is understandable, but a brighter water color like that seems odd to me. Does a boat churn up the water enough to change it's color like that IRL?

In the high seas, it doesn't bother me as much as when you're in shallow waters where the water is clear like it came out of your tap, yet there's that jade green surrounding the boat. It kind of feels like the boat's leaking jade green oil or goop.

Old 03-06-12, 06:27 PM   #1431
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Have a look at that top picture on page 1.

Does anyone know what causes that jade green color streak in the water around and behind the Uboat?

I use stoianm's environment mod, not this one, and experience this color difference as well (which may have nothing to do with the mod itself). I just saw W_clear's pic and realized he has it too!! Lately, I've been puzzled as to why the water's like that. Does anyone know if this is stock or is it mod related?

The foamy wake is understandable, but a brighter water color like that seems odd to me. Does a boat churn up the water enough to change it's color like that IRL?

In the high seas, it doesn't bother me as much as when you're in shallow waters where the water is clear like it came out of your tap, yet there's that jade green surrounding the boat. It kind of feels like the boat's leaking jade green oil or goop.

I think this color is coming from the parameter WaterFoamFilmColorMulti in EnvColors configuration files (Env folder). If you don't like the effect try to play with these parameters. In each cfg file there are many of them, for different weathers and hours, so make sure to edit all of them
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 06:45 PM   #1432
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Hey gap, thanks!

Just checked and saw that there were at least 12 of those files.

I had a look at WaterFoamFilmColorMulti within one of them and saw that it equals 55EFB600, which looks like a color code, no? If yes, then that's probably the code for jade green. That means I'd have to figure out the desired colors and codes related to each zone, climate, etc. Mother of God, man! If that's the case, then I think that jade green looks good enough for me, ya? hehehe
Old 03-06-12, 06:59 PM   #1433
THE_MASK
Ace of the deep .

Downloads: 901
Uploads: 73

\data\filters\colorcorrection\hdr_underwater
THE_MASK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-12, 07:25 PM   #1434
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Infanterie19 View Post
Hey gap, thanks!

Just checked and saw that there were at least 12 of those files.

I had a look at WaterFoamFilmColorMulti within one of them and saw that it equals 55EFB600, which looks like a color code, no? If yes, then that's probably the code for jade green. That means I'd have to figure out the desired colors and codes related to each zone, climate, etc. Mother of God, man! If that's the case, then I think that jade green looks good enough for me, ya? hehehe

those numbers are RGB values in hex code. You can convert them with any online converter. For instance try this one:

http://easycalculation.com/color-coder.php

just input the first 6 digits: i.e. 55EFB6. The above html converter allows you to convert just from hex to RGB format. I suggested it because it shows also visually the color on the screen; anyway there are other converters for converting back from RGB to hex
gap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-12, 09:46 AM   #1435
7Infanterie19
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sober View Post
\data\filters\colorcorrection\hdr_underwater
Hey sober, you gonna leave us hanging? What does that refer to and what do we do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post

those numbers are RGB values in hex code. You can convert them with any online converter. For instance try this one:

http://easycalculation.com/color-coder.php

just input the first 6 digits: i.e. 55EFB6. The above html converter allows you to convert just from hex to RGB format. I suggested it because it shows also visually the color on the screen; anyway there are other converters for converting back from RGB to hex
Thanks gap! I have a converter somewhere on my hd, but didn't want to even try it considering that the amount of work involved in getting all the right colors will kill me, so I'll worry about soup mess instead.

I checked that online converter. It's nice and simple, and I noticed there are all kinds of other useful tools on the left too, so I will bookmark it - thanks!. And yes, that color was the green I mentioned.
Old 03-10-12, 01:49 AM   #1436
Bothersome
Planesman

Downloads: 64

With this environmental mod, and the
SIM FOR====TDW_Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_ 0
mod installed, I get excessive bobbing motion on the VII-A sub badly. The descent and rise time rate is way too fast. In fact, it is so fast that on just a surface command, it will bob back down to 10 meters depth after it has surfaced. If you come up from a ballast blow with speed set to 4 (emergency surface) the boat actually takes flight.

Should I have not installed TDW's patch?

My current mod soup is...

Remove Electric Torpedo Wakes
sobers see thru wake fix
Unterseeboot II SFX
SIM FOR====TDW_Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_1_0_ 0
CSPMagui by DrJones Beta v 2.0
CSP_MaGUI_Beata_2_0_English_Menu_txt

Thanks.

OK I think I found a nice solution. I've installed a later version of a mod from TDW. It seems to work fine except that the boat seems to sit a little low in the water for normal floating. But that can be a slight advantage at the cost of 0.5 knots speed. Maybe the enemies can't see me as well now? Thanks.

My mod list now is...

Remove Electric Torpedo Wakes
sobers see thru wake fix
Unterseeboot II SFX
CSPMagui by DrJones Beta v 2.0
CSP_MaGUI_Beata_2_0_English_Menu_txt
Depth_Keeping_Problem_UHS_patch_HB_2_0_0_TheDarkWr aith

Later.

Last edited by Bothersome; 03-10-12 at 01:12 PM.
Bothersome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-12, 03:03 PM   #1437
Dignan
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 262

Is this compatible with Sobers "Best Fog Ever" mod? In other words, will it cause inconsistent spotting distances with the visible fog levels?
Old 04-02-12, 05:46 PM   #1438
sonicboom0101
Swabbie

Downloads: 3

I get how to install main mod - but half the optional mods say (don't install -read first) anyone shed light on installing all the optionals? Also is this compatable with better waves mod and the horizon II mod?
sonicboom0101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-12, 11:43 AM   #1439
dbaulch
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 24

Awesome MOD! thanks
dbaulch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-12, 05:27 PM   #1440
Kirk87
Nub

Downloads: 43
Default Question

Hi...greatings from germany
I've got a little question:Im back in SH5 since a few days,and of course i got some mods,not much,but nice ones!
I really love this mod,but .....the night ^^ its too dark . the stock night is more realistic.

is there any chance to change the light-settings for night?
thank you
Kirk87 is offline   Reply With Quote