SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-08-18, 07:12 AM   #6631
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitednate View Post
Hello,

I’m noticing a lot of instances where I can’t hear the sounds of vessels on the sonar. The map says the sound bearing is there but when I go to the sonar itself, there is no sound. This is a bug right? Also I try to target sometimes using an active ping to get the range and bearing and then send the info to the TDC. I then wait anywhere from 30s to a couple min and do it again and for some reason they can’t give me a speed estimate when I click on that in the TDC? Shouldn’t I be able to get a speed estimate from this process?

Thank you all for your help.
What mods (if any) are you using? We can't assume you're using Ultimate just because you're writing your question in this thread.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 07:19 PM   #6632
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnScurvy View Post
What mods (if any) are you using? We can't assume you're using Ultimate just because you're writing your question in this thread.

I am using only FOTRS ultimate.
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 08:55 PM   #6633
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

If that's the only mod you are using, CapnScurvy has taken the hammer and crowbar to the sonar station console, and completely dis-assembled it. It has been re-assembled with minimal use of baling wire and duct tape. I'm not certain of the use of bubble gum... Anyway, we'll see how well it works in the next version.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 07:47 AM   #6634
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Hello,

I’m noticing a lot of instances where I can’t hear the sounds of vessels on the sonar. The map says the sound bearing is there but when I go to the sonar itself, there is no sound. This is a bug right?

Ultimate v0.71 has the Stock game parameters for ship units....(well more or less).....which prevents the Hydrophone station to work as intended when attempting to "hear" a target. This long standing issue is indeed a "bug" from the Stock game which has finally been corrected with our next version of Ultimate. Up to now, ships had to travel at a medium/high speed (in relationship to its "MaxSpeed") in order for the Hydrophone to allow a player to "hear" the target....even though the Sonar man would report a Sonar detection and have it shown on the Nav Map.

With the total revamp of ship characteristics, this problem has been eliminated with our next version. Ships traveling at reasonable speeds....from 2 knots to MaxSpeed will be heard with Ultimate.....unlike any other mod, or Stock game.

Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
Old 10-10-18, 08:02 AM   #6635
Cybermat47
Willing Webfooted Beast

Downloads: 293
Uploads: 22

Put me in cryosleep until the next update, it sounds great!
Old 10-10-18, 08:07 AM   #6636
Larrywb57
Tazmanian Devil

Downloads: 366
Icon14

Quote:
Ultimate v0.71 has the Stock game parameters for ship units....(well more or less).....which prevents the Hydrophone station to work as intended when attempting to "hear" a target. This long standing issue is indeed a "bug" from the Stock game which has finally been corrected with our next version of Ultimate. Up to now, ships had to travel at a medium/high speed (in relationship to its "MaxSpeed") in order for the Hydrophone to allow a player to "hear" the target....even though the Sonar man would report a Sonar detection and have it shown on the Nav Map.

With the total revamp of ship characteristics, this problem has been eliminated with our next version. Ships traveling at reasonable speeds....from 2 knots to MaxSpeed will be heard with Ultimate.....unlike any other mod, or Stock game.
Hooary for CapnScurvy!!

This has been a 'thorn in our side' for a long time. One could see the ship though the periscope but one couldn't hear anything at the sonar station. I can't wait for the next version of the best mod for SH4!

Thanks to the Ultimate Team for your devotion and hard work for this mod!
C:\...100_FalloftheRisingSun_Ultimate_v.1.8
Larrywb57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 04:49 PM   #6637
suitednate
Planesman

Downloads: 43

Quote:

Awesome! Looking forward to it! Do you think that any campaigns currently underway would be affected by upgrading to the new version upon release? Or at least wait until your sub is back in port before modding and then continue the campaign? Thanks Capn
suitednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 06:30 PM   #6638
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3215

Quote:
Hello,

I’m noticing a lot of instances where I can’t hear the sounds of vessels on the sonar. The map says the sound bearing is there but when I go to the sonar itself, there is no sound. This is a bug right? Also I try to target sometimes using an active ping to get the range and bearing and then send the info to the TDC. I then wait anywhere from 30s to a couple min and do it again and for some reason they can’t give me a speed estimate when I click on that in the TDC? Shouldn’t I be able to get a speed estimate from this process?

Thank you all for your help.
You can try this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1127

Not realistic. A ship making 2 knots sounds as one making 10 knots, but you can hear it. I didn´t try it in FOTRSU; in TMO works. I prefer to live with the problem (assumed my sonarman is a newby), and wait the next update for FOTRSU. The mod is awesome.

BTW, I don´t know if FOTRSU includes ISP or something similar for subs and ships mechanics. Is ISP for TMO compatible?

Best regards,

Fitzcarraldo
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-18, 06:32 PM   #6639
propbeanie

Quote:
Awesome! Looking forward to it! Do you think that any campaigns currently underway would be affected by upgrading to the new version upon release? Or at least wait until your sub is back in port before modding and then continue the campaign? Thanks Capn
Very little in the new is compatible with the old, as has been the case most times we've done a new release. You will not be able to continue a career, whether in port or not. You will have to delete any old Saves for FotRSU or any other mod (or back them up for later use), or else use MultiSH4 and use multiple Save folders for multiple installs of the game. There are quite a few necessary Type= changes in the ship calls throughout the game, and as such, those will cause a CTD with old data. That's just the Campaign data. There are also several UPC folder changes, not to forget what CapnScurvy mentions above with several changes in every ships' support files... It cannot be helped, if new functionality is implemented and content added. Sorry.

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-10-18 at 06:34 PM. Reason: fitzcarraldo posted! had to "quote"... lol
Old 10-10-18, 06:37 PM   #6640
propbeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
You can try this:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1127

Not realistic. A ship making 2 knots spunds as one making 10 knots, but you can hear it. I didn´t try it in FOTRSU; in TMO works. I prefer to live with the problem (assumed my sonarman is a newby), and wait the next update for FOTRSU. The mod is awesome.

BTW, I don´t know if FOTRSU includes ISP or something similar for subs and ships mechanics. Is ISP for TMO compatible?

Best regards,

Fitzcarraldo
That mod will not fully function with FotRSU, and could potentially overwrite something of importance to the FotRSU mod. I'll leave the explanations to CapnScurvy since he is more thorough and more succinct in his reply, besides me not knowing what I'm "talking" about in that regard... - I can tell you though that ISP for TMO (or anything else) is also NOT compatible... All kinds of strangeness would occur, besides the fact that there are ships missing in the ISP mod...

Old 10-10-18, 06:39 PM   #6641
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That mod will not fully function with FotRSU, and could potentially overwrite something of importance to the FotRSU mod. I'll leave the explanations to CapnScurvy since he is more thorough and more succinct in his reply, besides me not knowing what I'm "talking" about in that regard... - I can tell you though that ISP for TMO (or anything else) is also NOT compatible... All kinds of strangeness would occur, besides the fact that there are ships missing in the ISP mod...
Many thanks!

Fitzcarraldo
Old 10-12-18, 07:45 AM   #6642
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
I don´t know if FOTRSU includes ISP or something similar for subs and ships mechanics. Is ISP for TMO compatible?

Best regards,

Fitzcarraldo
No, Improved Ship Physics (ISP) is not compatible with Ultimate. Different ships, different class type designations, different everything....don't use it with Ultimate.

But yes, we have something similar for the subs/ships. That's how the correction to the Hydrophone was made....by completely changing the ships parameters of performance allowing the Hydrophone to "hear" a target ship......and I mean completely change the ships characteristics! Hopefully you'll notice no difference in expected performance, either in how the ships perform normally, or how they perform under pressure (such as torpedo attack...no "jack rabbit" starts as the Stock game has). Since the ship inventory for Ultimate is the largest of any mod, it took a while to have each ship modified, then checked, for playability. There's been huge changes to the physics....we hope for the better.

Quote:
Old 10-12-18, 12:31 PM   #6643
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Quote:
No, Improved Ship Physics (ISP) is not compatible with Ultimate. Different ships, different class type designations, different everything....don't use it with Ultimate.

But yes, we have something similar for the subs/ships. That's how the correction to the Hydrophone was made....by completely changing the ships parameters of performance allowing the Hydrophone to "hear" a target ship......and I mean completely change the ships characteristics! Hopefully you'll notice no difference in expected performance, either in how the ships perform normally, or how they perform under pressure (such as torpedo attack...no "jack rabbit" starts as the Stock game has). Since the ship inventory for Ultimate is the largest of any mod, it took a while to have each ship modified, then checked, for playability. There's been huge changes to the physics....we hope for the better.
Many thanks for the answer!

Another question: Is it possible to change the cameras.dat for more mouvement in external camera? OTC for TMO (I know it is a different thing than OTC light for FOTRSU), has plenty of mouvement of the external camera. In FOTRSU you can approach your view until a limited range. What if I change the optics of FOTRSU for that of TMO or RFB.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Old 10-14-18, 05:27 PM   #6644
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Quote:
Another question: Is it possible to change the cameras.dat for more mouvement in external camera? OTC for TMO (I know it is a different thing than OTC light for FOTRSU), has plenty of mouvement of the external camera. In FOTRSU you can approach your view until a limited range. What if I change the optics of FOTRSU for that of TMO or RFB.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo
I'm thinking there's something wrong with your files?? The External View (using the F12 key) gives you full/unlimited control of the camera when using Ultimate v0.71...….least it should! You can take it right through objects if you want, that's how I designed it. I'll check the v0.71 to see, but there should be no restrictions on the External Camera.

========

EDIT:
I don't find an issue of limited camera use....it goes straight through any object I wish.

Quote:

Last edited by CapnScurvy; 10-14-18 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-14-18, 07:01 PM   #6645
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 433
Uploads: 27

Default external camera(s)

Quote:
I'm thinking there's something wrong with your files?? The External View (using the F12 key) gives you full/unlimited control of the camera when using Ultimate v0.71...….least it should! You can take it right through objects if you want, that's how I designed it. I'll check the v0.71 to see, but there should be no restrictions on the External Camera.

========

EDIT:
I don't find an issue of limited camera use....it goes straight through any object I wish.
scurvy,

i have a related question on the external camera:

why is it that some mega-mods implement an external camera that allows the user to rotate around the object in view and in other megas the external just moves left or right but not around the object being viewed?

i would think (could be a mistake) that the external camera is the external camera and that is that.
thanks.

mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote