SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-10-15, 06:55 PM   #31
Bospor
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

A few years back I watched very interesting documentary that was based on declassified info from Soviet archives. In the 70's Russian designers were saying that the way the aircraft designs had been progressing, we eventually would come to a time when the "better" plane's technology would become unaffordable. I think we are there now. F-22 took that direction, but accountants were telling the top brass that it's not realistic to purchase fighter planes at that price. I think that's why everything got downgraded to F-35. We are basically at a crossroads for modern avionics. That very same documentary showed how they experimented with technology that allows people control environment with the power of their mind. Truly Jedi stuff! They collected people from all over the USSR with paranormal abilities and were studying them. They showed one guy who was standing on scales and was able to decrease his weight just by his mind power You can actually see the scale indicator move. So the direction they had decided to take is to learn how to control and fly the planes with human power I guess. It sounds funny I know, but they actually had achieved some serious results from all that. of course most of it is still classified. After the collapse of the Soviet Union however, many of these scientists immigrated to Israel and the country had become the leader in "western world" in military technologies controlled by human brain. So perhaps it is time for US Air Force to begin development of a completely new way to fly the planes. Maybe they already doing that, we will never know till its all done. These F-35's are simply there to fill the gap between what we call conventional flight and future tech.
Bospor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-15, 03:14 PM   #32
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

In current exchange rates Su35S for RuAF costs something on the lines of 32m USD per plane.