SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > COLD WATERS
Forget password? Reset here

Old 01-05-18, 09:35 PM   #1
GSmith63
Sailor man

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Default Feature Requests for v1.10 and beyond - Part 2

Really, really enjoying this game, and especially the latest improvements in 1.09e. Hats off to the Killerfish team for the great continuing customer support. With that said I’d love to see some of the following improvements in upcoming versions, and hear other’s thoughts.

Part 2 - The Campaign

5. Let us know when the area is clear. This has been mentioned in other’s posts. When all conditions have been met for leaving a campaign mission, a simple “Conn, Sonar - The Area is Clear” message would be a huge help.

6. Keep track of which enemy ships get sunk in the campaign so that those ships don’t appear in the future. At the end of 1984 the Soviets probably only had 2-3 Udaloys in the Northern Fleet. I’m pretty sure that I have killed more Udaloys than that in a single campaign. It would greatly add to my satisfaction knowing that every time I zapped an SS-N-14 shooter or an Alpha in the campaign, it would be one less really tough bad guy that I would have to deal with later.

7. Add Baltic Fleet units when West Germany and Denmark falls. Once Denmark falls the Soviets could sortie Baltic Fleet units out into the North Sea and the North Atlantic. This would add to the pressure on Norway and be a source of new campaign missions. It would also allow for the inclusion of my favorite Soviet surface ship class, the Kynda(!)

Cheers and Happy New Year to all,

Gregg
GSmith63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-18, 08:14 PM   #2
Orffen
Mate

Downloads: 214

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSmith63 View Post
5. Let us know when the area is clear. This has been mentioned in other’s posts. When all conditions have been met for leaving a campaign mission, a simple “Conn, Sonar - The Area is Clear” message would be a huge help.
Wholeheartedly agree - I can get the information from the pause menu, would be nice to see it on the main screen as well. Even a little indicator in the top right.
Old 01-23-18, 08:26 PM   #3
Barkerov
Soundman

Downloads: 42

I don't like the idea of being warned when the area is clear. I like that feeling of not being 100% sure what's out there and then having to check.
Barkerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 09:47 PM   #4
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

I don't agree with 5, but I definitely agree with 6 and 7.

Why was 6 afraid of 7....?
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 12:04 AM   #5
GSmith63
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkerov View Post
I don't like the idea of being warned when the area is clear. I like that feeling of not being 100% sure what's out there and then having to check.
Heck, I thought everyone got tired of clicking between the F9 and escape buttons over and over again when trying to leave a mission! This could always just be an option I guess...

Which brings up another question. Would it be possible to have the ability to save and later return to the game in mid-mission? There have been a number of times when I end up having to Abandon Ship after a successful game, just because there are still aircraft out there somewhere, but someone else in the house needs to use the computer!
Old 01-24-18, 01:56 PM   #6
EnjoyableSTIG
Seaman

Downloads: 68

GSmith63, I don't know if you knew, but the game auto-saves before each encounter so you could just quit (Alt-F4) and then redo the mission. It's not a mid mission save like you want but it's fairly close and better than losing
EnjoyableSTIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-18, 06:35 PM   #7
GSmith63
Sailor man

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyableSTIG View Post
GSmith63, I don't know if you knew, but the game auto-saves before each encounter so you could just quit (Alt-F4) and then redo the mission. It's not a mid mission save like you want but it's fairly close and better than losing
Thanks STIG. I did know that, but once you are on a mission it doesn't help!
Old 01-27-18, 08:20 PM   #8
Delgard
Skipper

Downloads: 48

I don't mind doing it again. Actually, I wish there were more missions available for the campaigns. Different ones. But, since the new version came out I am at a lower skill level.

Can I change the skill level in the middle of a campaign?
Delgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-18, 09:11 AM   #9
Unter Wasser
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

I also enjoy not knowing the area is clear or if there is a sneaky diesel boat lurking in the cold depths......
Unter Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-18, 04:09 PM   #10
Unter Wasser
Swabbie

Downloads: 73

When a new release comes out from Killerfish can anybody confirm where the binaries are (I know about the mods .txt files ) so I can back up 1.09e as the new versions download automatically and I'll like to rollback by copying in old binaries if I experience instability.

Or is their a link I can't find yet to rollback?

Ta in advance.
Unter Wasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-18, 11:58 PM   #11
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Saving a game during the mission, not only on the strat map would be fine.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-18, 09:09 AM   #12
jigawatts
Nub

Downloads: 0
Default Save Game During a Mission

Yes, please add the ability to save your game during a mission. Some missions can take quite a while to complete and I usually don't have the time in one sitting. I would be able to play the game more often if I knew I could just save and continue later if I run out of time.
jigawatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-18, 02:35 AM   #13
newparade
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Default My three cents....

-Instant Replay (ala RSR) that shows enemy detection of my sub
-Ability to lock out the feature that automatically drops me out of time compression
-Ability to either continue time compression in event of ownsub destruction or autoresolve remaining warshots
newparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-18, 12:44 PM   #14
Mitchmaker
Sonar Operator

Downloads: 71
Default What about the Torpedos?

My ideas on that:
1. More options for torpedos -swim out, -deactivate/selfdestruct, -change speed, -send sonardata (all if wire is intact)
2. the allready mentioned "saving in battles"
3. and point 6 from above