SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Current crop of subsims & naval games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Old 10-05-18, 05:20 PM   #16
Grezkev
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

I am just catching wind of all this. I feel so out of touch.
Grezkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-18, 11:43 PM   #17
Ernstww
Mate

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonfleck View Post
I see your point with the controller issue. Mac would be my platform of choice as it's been for everything else for nearly the last decade. Nearly maintenance free and ultra reliable. My opportunity to play would be limited at this point in my life. That being the case who in my situation has time for the blue screen of death and chasing instability demons?
I have never owned a Mac, but I can appreciate the idea of a maintenance free system, something that just works.

For myself, I like building PC systems, ordering parts and assembling. A task that used to be complicated, but is now much easier, almost fun! pcpartpicker.com is my favorite starting point. Nothing fills me with greater joy then clamping an enormous heat sink onto a cpu. Hey, and they mostly always work!

There was a time when I liked plain, modest PC cases, black and nondescript. Now, more LEDs better, and glowing cases with clear windows to celebrate the electronic glory. If you can't tan by it at night it isn't a PC case! - LOL
Old 10-05-18, 11:46 PM   #18
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernstww View Post
Quote from nihilcat today, "...second week is still the plan. Should be ready by Friday."
Yep. Its finally happening
Ive had the same PC case since 2005 lol the original Cooler master stacker,
but the guts get changed every 4 years.
Started with an Athlon 64 3000, 1GB RAM and Geforce 6600GT
Now its an Intel i5 3450, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti.
I always go for more the modest offerings, since PC hardware gets outdated and devalued so fast.

Last edited by JU_88; 10-05-18 at 11:54 PM.
JU_88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-18, 12:19 AM   #19
Ernstww
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Yep. Its finally happening
Ive had the same PC case since 2005 lol the original Cooler master stacker,
but the guts get changed every 4 years.
Started with an Athlon 64 3000, 1GB RAM and Geforce 6600GT
Now its an Intel i5 3450, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1050ti.
I always go for more the modest offerings, since PC hardware gets outdated and devalued so fast.
That's the PC advantage - Upgradability. It's what I like about PCPartsPicker is its relatively easy now to find the techno sweet-spot for stuff. PCs also seem to be plateauing a bit. I recall in the 90s PCs were basically garbage in 2 years. Any new games would be unplayable. Now they seem to have a longer life and upgradability seems better.

...back to the game thread. lol... yes, it will be a long week! I guess I will do another run of SH3.
Old 10-06-18, 01:18 AM   #20
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Yeah and far more reliable, I lost count of how many motherboards died on me in the early 2000s. These days they are solid, Same brands too, Asus, Gigabyte, etc.
Looking forward to Friday. Keep an eye out for me aircraft models that will be in the first beta build :P i think only 2 types will be in at first, but more will follow.
If in time nihilcat allows me to take care of all the Aircraft models, I'm hoping it will free his own artist to work on more ships :P

Last edited by JU_88; 10-06-18 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10-06-18, 01:51 PM   #21
Ernstww
Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JU_88 View Post
Yeah and far more reliable, I lost count of how many motherboards died on me in the early 2000s. These days they are solid, Same brands too, Asus, Gigabyte, etc.
Looking forward to Friday. Keep an eye out for me aircraft models that will be in the first beta build :P i think only 2 types will be in at first, but more will follow.
If in time nihilcat allows me to take care of all the Aircraft models, I'm hoping it will free his own artist to work on more ships :P

I will drift about the English Channel and let them strafe me just to drink in the artistry.
Old 10-06-18, 10:38 PM   #22
JU_88
Silent Hunter

Maybe don't do that.
Old 10-12-18, 03:12 PM   #23
Ernstww
Mate

It's looking like a possible Saturday release for Kickstarter Beta.

Some last minute issue with the recent build that needs testing.
Old 10-13-18, 09:10 AM   #24
Ernstww
Mate

An update on the 'NEWS' tab from Steam:

"Backers beta has started
13 OCTOBER - GEN100MEK_PLAYWAY
Hello,

After a long time, we are happy to announce that backers beta has started. In total, 806 of you declared will to participate in tests. We will send you emails in the next few hours (finishing touches!), around 4 PM CET."