SUBSIM Radio Room Forums
The newest naval sim by Totem Games!

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Fleet Boat Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #5056
Rockin Robbins
Ubuntu Linux for the Win!

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 53

Announcement!

FOTRSU v0.63 is back up and available for download!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 10:56 PM   #5057
Immelmann
Swabbie

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7rikeback View Post
Really sorry to have let everyone down... And for wasting everyone's time in having to re-fix, re-download and re-install the beta, It was not my intention to do so.
Don't sweat it. It's not like you guys are charging me money for this mod. A mod I really enjoy by the way. I appreciate all the time that all of you put into it as volunteers. Mistakes will always happen. And, after all, I have been a flight simulator enthusiast for quite a number of years. And if you know anything about MS FSX then you know that having the program in a broken, or much less than ideal state, is almost the rule instead of the exception. So I am used to these sorts of things. In fact I think I enjoy the process of learning why a particular problem happens, and then fixing it, as much as I enjoy using the program.

I am now going to re-download 0.63 because I snagged a copy before RR slammed the door on it.

Once again, thanks guys.
2 PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 460s in SLI
Raidmax 1000W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Immelmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #5058
CapitaCatalunya
Nub

Downloads: 43

Hey propbeanie

Indeed the Narwhal is available from the 8 dec. 1941 campaign on in Manila.

I basically only get "deliver" campaigns, be it agents, troops and supplies all the way until may '42 (the longest I played) from a given point, maybe february 42 I juat wasn't able to deliver anything, the "send the boat" command wouldn't work no matter what I tried, as I've said I damaged plenty of subs by beaching them trying to get the nearest possible to the coast
CapitaCatalunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:06 AM   #5059
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Propbeanie asked: "As for those shots torpedobait, the ships being hung in mid-air is from "flying in" on the exterior camera. However, the ships having spawned, then crashed and burned on a hillside is not cool... Which harbor are you at there?"

The harbor is Miyako (Northern Honshu). The "flying" ships were viewed with the "Next Ship" camera (>) and were shown to be mixed in with the single file convoy I was tracking. The Free Camera (F12) did not show themat all when I approached my target convoy, which I thought was even stranger. It only showed them burning on the hillside after I had dropped the agent and used it (F12) to peer into Miyako harbor. They appeared to be the same ships I had seen earlier, positionally with respect to each other, and by type.

The sequence of events was like this: I tracked a convoy by passive sonar. I had not encountered many single-file groups before, so curiosity got the better of me and I used the Next Ship cam to see what was out there. It showed me a ship in the convoy, but surrounding it were a number of burning ships, some completely airborne and obviously misplaced. Next I used the Free Cam to confirm the mess I had found. That one showed NO burning ships, only the five or six ships in the single file convoy.

Later, after dropping off an agent( per tasking) just outside Miyako harbor, I saw a lot of smoke over the harbor in the periscope, and used the Free Cam to investigate. That's when I saw the ships all aground, some up the hill far beyond where momentum might have taken them. Again, this was in the October-November 1943 time frame.
Thanks to a lot of help, I've fixed my problem of how to post pictures, Unfortunately, I no longer have them since I cleaned things up to install v0.63. Sigh.
OK, with a little bit of tweaking on the German side of things, I've snuck myself into Miyoka for a close look, and wonder of wonders:

The hills are definitely polluted with the detritus of a multitude of broken vessels... wow! college words even... This is looking in toward the harbor, but at the first hill short of it, looking Southwest. The 1st set of docks are across the water to the left, behind all that smoke.

This is looking almost Northwest at the same area, but from across the bay.

Same spot as the 2nd above, but now looking Southwest where the actual harbor is, and where the ships ~should~ be... This now invovles changes to at least a dozen files, since I split the Jap_HarborTraffic file, but we'll get it prettied-up before too long. If anyone else encounters similar, be sure and let us know! This is relatively easy to fix, but we have to know where to look - thanks.

Edit: After much looking and looking and opening and closing of multiple files, there is still an issue with Jap_HarborTraffic.mis. I do not know how it's loading, but it is... more studying is called for here... What's happening is there are 2 outbound groups that generate once every 24 hours at 100%, one tanker and one transport. There is one inbound group, one DE, one tanker, one transport, one freight, one hospital ship, that spawns every 48 hours at 100%. They are meeting in the bay, and crashing into each other continually from 1938 through 1945. This is why the file was split... so why is it loading?... - very strange (for now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitaCatalunya View Post
Hey propbeanie

Indeed the Narwhal is available from the 8 dec. 1941 campaign on in Manila.

I basically only get "deliver" campaigns, be it agents, troops and supplies all the way until may '42 (the longest I played) from a given point, maybe february 42 I juat wasn't able to deliver anything, the "send the boat" command wouldn't work no matter what I tried, as I've said I damaged plenty of subs by beaching them trying to get the nearest possible to the coast
OK, thanks. I'll be checking into that later today. So it's a May of 42 mission that starts going astray for you?... do you remember the drop-off location by chance?

Second Edit: Was it by change an Insert Spy Yellow Sea, up by Korea?... I've found a ~bad~ issue with one of those...

Last edited by propbeanie; 07-22-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: say whuh?... Then "Yellow Sea"
propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 08:39 AM   #5060
torpedobait
Captain

Downloads: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Edit: After much looking and looking and opening and closing of multiple files, there is still an issue with Jap_HarborTraffic.mis. I do not know how it's loading, but it is... more studying is called for here... What's happening is there are 2 outbound groups that generate once every 24 hours at 100%, one tanker and one transport. There is one inbound group, one DE, one tanker, one transport, one freight, one hospital ship, that spawns every 48 hours at 100%. They are meeting in the bay, and crashing into each other continually from 1938 through 1945. This is why the file was split... so why is it loading?... - very strange (for now).
Propbeanie, that is indeed the makeup of the single-file convoy that I tracked and eventually destroyed (except for the Hospital ship, of course) prior to dropping off the agent and seeing that mess on the hillside.

Now I'm off to download the latest version of v0.63 and reinstall my pristine version of SH4 v1.5. Not sure from the above dialogues exactly what was corrupted in the base game, but I'm going to go along and redo everything, just to be sure. All Y'all are doing great. Thanks!

Software: Large Address Aware; FOTARS Ultimate v0.63 Public Beta EN, Smart Game Booster 4;
Hardware: Falcon-NW Mach V, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7CPU 975@ 3.33GHz, 12Gb RAM, Win7 Pro 64-bit, NVIDIA GeForce GTX970, Creative SoundBlaster Z.
torpedobait is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #5061
s7rikeback
I break things

Downloads: 629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Announcement!

FOTRSU v0.63 is back up and available for download!
Thanks RR.

Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate v0.62 PublicBeta EN

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00 GHz, 4 GB (3.50 GB Usable)
Nvidia Geforce 9500GT @ 1 GB
Windows 10 64 bit.
s7rikeback is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #5062
propbeanie
CTD Überbringer

Downloads: 162

Quote:
Propbeanie, that is indeed the makeup of the single-file convoy that I tracked and eventually destroyed (except for the Hospital ship, of course) prior to dropping off the agent and seeing that mess on the hillside.

Now I'm off to download the latest version of v0.63 and reinstall my pristine version of SH4 v1.5. Not sure from the above dialogues exactly what was corrupted in the base game, but I'm going to go along and redo everything, just to be sure. All Y'all are doing great. Thanks!
Just to satisfy my curiosity, that convoy when you encountered it, was it OK, or all messed up? If it was messed up, then that would be another issue further down the coast... - Something has trashed the 4Xx_Jap_HarborTraffic layers - and it looks like it's the old Jap_HarborTraffic layer...

propbeanie is online   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #5063
CapnScurvy
General Nuisance

Downloads: 451
Uploads: 64

Quote:
If you use a "Compare Snapshot" from JSGME's "Tasks...." menu section (I hope everyone takes a clean game "Snapshot" to compare files later on), you'll find two "NEW" files added to your pristine Stock game files after deactivating Fotrs Ultimate v0.63. These two files are left behind within the Data/Sea/T07B folder.

Nothing really big, TMO leaves two German.dds images behind in the Stock game files due to the same reason. BUT, a mod should NEVER change the Stock game from its original content......that's just not going to happen with Ultimate!

The latest version found HERE is corrected.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is online   Reply With Quote