SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 12-13-17, 03:44 AM   #1
GuntGems
Nub

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0
Default SUBMARINE WARFARE SIMULATOR IN VIRTUAL REALITY! | IronWolf VR

This is awesome. here is a review of the game. you can watch that review on this youtube link -->

this next link I'm not crazy about the guys actually playing however this is so good. its coop so you can play with your mates on the same ship, you can enjoy that game from this youtube link. -->

and finally another coop view via youtube. I would like to see more stations with more details accessible and allow multiplayer on the same shipping vr. I'm sure they will get there. here is the link. -->
Merchants Sunk:0
Warships Sunk:0
Aircraft Downed:0
Total Tonnage:0
Patrols: 0

GuntGems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-17, 07:23 AM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Old 12-23-17, 07:22 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9

Promising, but still having a good way to go, judging by the vids.
Old 01-01-18, 09:42 AM   #4
Platapus
Fleet Admiral

Downloads: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
I am not sure I am ready for these types of VR games. Especially the ones where you walk around.

This will require quite the change in gaming room paradigms. It might be a hard sell to CinCHome that I need an empty room for my gaming. We are not exactly blessed with a lot of empty rooms that can be dedicated to gaming.

Since my dogs sleep next to me while I am gaming, a walking VR game might result in stepped on tails.

It was quite amusing watching people who evidently had never played any type of SubSim playing this. What is learned second nature to us here, is evidently not self-evident to brand new players.

One thing I thought was especially disturbing was the graphic of being trapped in a compartment and seeing the water level rise. Yikes, the things nightmares are made of.

One thing I did not understand: Is there no way to compensate for the height of the player? I am sure I was not the only one cringing when a person wearing a VT headset stood on a wheeled office chair. What could possibly go wrong.

But, are shorter players really at that much of a disadvantage in VR games and there is no way to compensate??
Old 01-03-18, 06:00 PM   #5
komi
Sailor man

Downloads: 0

I'm not in to VR but I have to admit it looks kinda cool.
komi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-18, 09:39 AM   #6
EvidencePlz
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platapus View Post
I am not sure I am ready for these types of VR games. Especially the ones where you walk around.

This will require quite the change in gaming room paradigms. It might be a hard sell to CinCHome that I need an empty room for my gaming. We are not exactly blessed with a lot of empty rooms that can be dedicated to gaming.

Since my dogs sleep next to me while I am gaming, a walking VR game might result in stepped on tails.

It was quite amusing watching people who evidently had never played any type of SubSim playing this. What is learned second nature to us here, is evidently not self-evident to brand new players.

One thing I thought was especially disturbing was the graphic of being trapped in a compartment and seeing the water level rise. Yikes, the things nightmares are made of.

One thing I did not understand: Is there no way to compensate for the height of the player? I am sure I was not the only one cringing when a person wearing a VT headset stood on a wheeled office chair. What could possibly go wrong.

But, are shorter players really at that much of a disadvantage in VR games and there is no way to compensate??
hi,

teleport and smooth locomotion options have now been added

therefore you no longer have to actually walk if you dont want to.

as for height, that's a very easy fix. you just need to install the app called Openvr Advanced Settings https://github.com/matzman666/OpenVR-AdvancedSettings and put your desired height in it.

More information from the devs:

"Hey guys, we’re moving the night missions and varied weather update into the main branch, thanks to everyone who tested the beta. Next up we’re going to be starting work on the Open World with a world map being the initial focus.

Changes from the beta version:

Improved enemy projectile tracers
Improved enemy AI buoyancy physics

Changelog from beta:

New content
Added a new random mission at night
Decreased submarine signature size at night
Enemies will fire flares to try and locate the submarine at night
Added chance of rain
Improved the offshore platform model and textures

Quality of life changes
Added a new ‘fixed mode’ toggle switch to the periscope so people with limited space or tethering issues do not need to walk around as the periscope rotates
Added smooth locomotion option in addition to dash locomotion
Added smooth locomotion speed control
Added translate options relative to head direction or hand direction
Option to hide hand when interacting with controls.
Increased resolution of periscope view"

https://steamcommunity.com/games/552...45621954501097

Last edited by EvidencePlz; 08-30-18 at 11:26 AM.
EvidencePlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 08:18 PM   #7
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

Default welcome aboard!

EvidencePlz!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-18, 09:36 PM   #8
EvidencePlz
Swabbie

Downloads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
EvidencePlz!
thank you sir for the cordial greeting
EvidencePlz is offline   Reply With Quote