Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-05-17, 10:28 AM   #2296
Scyl
Swabbie

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoder View Post
Have you installed the TWOS mod? It fixes many things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi scyl
You will not find a better game than The Woves of Steel by vdr1981
Ubisoft would nt be able to produce a better version than this if they brought out Silent Hunter 6.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

It actually worked with TWOS mod! wow thanks! but I have no idea how to aim and target torpedos now, it is way too complicated for me, I just want to enjoy the game first and not necessarily get into all the realism. What can I do?
Scyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-17, 10:41 AM   #2297
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi Scyl
Untick Manual targeting system in game play settings or start a New Cmapaign and chnage the Medium setting showing to Low and this will automatically give you Auto TDC.

Post #12 How To Change Your Game Play Settings In The Bunker
Post #47 Beginners Guide To Auto TDC
Post #146 Auto TDC Targeting Without Using 3 Circles > Updated Pictorial
TWOS v1.06 Compatible Additional Mods Endorsed By vdr1981
The Wolves Of Steel How to Enable Auto TDC Targeting > And How To Test It
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 06:56 AM   #2298
Scyl
Swabbie

Downloads: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Thank you so so much, most things seem to be working great!
WOTS does do wonders!

Just another question, not really sure how to enable battery recharge? There isn't a hotkey for it in the F1 help screen?
Scyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-17, 10:01 AM   #2299
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scyl View Post
Thank you so so much, most things seem to be working great!
WOTS does do wonders!

Just another question, not really sure how to enable battery recharge? There isn't a hotkey for it in the F1 help screen?

The most immersive ways are to ask the watch officer or go to your crew members at the bottom of screen select first officer to the left ( Motor Engineer ) / then choose the propellor icon you can switch from Diesel to Battery there . * Note tho sub has to be fully submerged and rough seas can cause battery recharge to switch off
Old 10-16-17, 10:04 AM   #2300
nemofoot
Swabbie

Downloads: 0

Hello there. My game has a glitch on the mission 'British Coastal Waters' where the tonnage bar does not fill up after sinking ships. Does anyone have a fix without TWOS? I'm a bit of a noob and TWOS seems like a not very noob-friendly mod. I tried it and didn't really like it. I'll probably get it after playing vanilla for a bit. So is there a mod that only fixes glitches and bugs?

Thanks
nemofoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:11 AM   #2301
Txema
中国水兵

Downloads: 365

Hi !

You have two possible fixes for that bug:

See here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=94

And here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=274

Txema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 11:42 AM   #2302
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofoot View Post
Hello there. My game has a glitch on the mission 'British Coastal Waters' where the tonnage bar does not fill up after sinking ships. Does anyone have a fix without TWOS? I'm a bit of a noob and TWOS seems like a not very noob-friendly mod. I tried it and didn't really like it. I'll probably get it after playing vanilla for a bit. So is there a mod that only fixes glitches and bugs?

Thanks
Hi Nemofoot

The Tonnage bar not filling is probably the most discussed subject you will find here on Subsim , It will hamper progress thru all Missions and Campaigns not just British Coastal Waters

This bug has been around a long time and has several fixes and workarounds I recommend you read up on Berbsters Guide you will find the link in this thread. There really is no quick fix Mod you can just drop into your game.

There has been a lot of effort put in to make Supamods such as Sobers and WOS to make them as "Noob" Friendly as possible and this process is still ongoing

Installing setting up and playing with these mods enhances gameplay massively and eliminates a lot of Vanilla SH5 Bugs , It may take a little extra effort to get going but its a well worth the investment.

I understand it my seem daunting task a first but if you follow the guide to setting up and don't rush things I'm sure you will be OK

I use Wolves of Steel it meets all the Mod requirements I like, it can be setup so its Fairly Easy to Advanced levels by using the Additional "Add On " mods included in the download

There are tons of Guides Youtube Vids and and the help you need here on Subsim to get you going Full Steam. I thoroughly Recommend you give it a go and don't forget we were all "Noobs" once

If you still need help with the Vanilla Game just ask there is always someone here to help , The Tonnage bug is not difficult to resolve but its something you need to read up on. If you are still having problems try to provide as much info as possible including any steps you taken to sort it out

Best Regards

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WOS.jpg (3.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: gif animated-union-jack-01.gif (7.2 KB, 118 views)
Old 10-16-17, 12:39 PM   #2303
nemofoot
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg322 View Post
Hi Nemofoot

The Tonnage bar not filling is probably the most discussed subject you will find here on Subsim , It will hamper progress thru all Missions and Campaigns not just British Coastal Waters

This bug has been around a long time and has several fixes and workarounds I recommend you read up on Berbsters Guide you will find the link in this thread. There really is no quick fix Mod you can just drop into your game.

There has been a lot of effort put in to make Supamods such as Sobers and WOS to make them as "Noob" Friendly as possible and this process is still ongoing

Installing setting up and playing with these mods enhances gameplay massively and eliminates a lot of Vanilla SH5 Bugs , It may take a little extra effort to get going but its a well worth the investment.

I understand it my seem daunting task a first but if you follow the guide to setting up and don't rush things I'm sure you will be OK

I use Wolves of Steel it meets all the Mod requirements I like, it can be setup so its Fairly Easy to Advanced levels by using the Additional "Add On " mods included in the download

There are tons of Guides Youtube Vids and and the help you need here on Subsim to get you going Full Steam. I thoroughly Recommend you give it a go and don't forget we were all "Noobs" once

If you still need help with the Vanilla Game just ask there is always someone here to help , The Tonnage bug is not difficult to resolve but its something you need to read up on. If you are still having problems try to provide as much info as possible including any steps you taken to sort it out

Best Regards

Simon

WOLVES OF STEEL MEGAMOD
Thanks very much Cyborg322, I appreciate it
Old 10-16-17, 12:40 PM   #2304
nemofoot
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txema View Post
Txema I will check out those links. Thank you!
Old 10-16-17, 12:49 PM   #2305
OldCoder
Soundman

Downloads: 24

In all the testing I did earlier in the year I found no reliable fix for the tonnage bar problem. In the end I concluded (not particularly scientifically) that the osi task could sometimes respond improperly or maybe not at all via the windows pipe to initial sh5 messages that would in the past have been sent to ubisoft servers.

Changing task priority and things like this did not improve the success rate in my testing.

In the end I gave up trying to fix it but did discover a method to test the campaign to determine if it had started in this faulty state. And if found to be faulty reloading the save file would usually solve it. This mod was written on top of TWOS though in fact TWOS uses different campaign advance system and so has no specific need for it (at this time).

It should be quite trivial to make a vanilla version of my test mod but I'm very busy at the moment so it wouldn't happen immediately.

BTW TWOS fixes so many other issues that I really would recommend it over vanilla any day (and I play very much on campaign easy mode due to lack of time to learn full realism).
OldCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-17, 01:28 PM   #2306
nemofoot
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoder View Post
In all the testing I did earlier in the year I found no reliable fix for the tonnage bar problem. In the end I concluded (not particularly scientifically) that the osi task could sometimes respond improperly or maybe not at all via the windows pipe to initial sh5 messages that would in the past have been sent to ubisoft servers.

Changing task priority and things like this did not improve the success rate in my testing.

In the end I gave up trying to fix it but did discover a method to test the campaign to determine if it had started in this faulty state. And if found to be faulty reloading the save file would usually solve it. This mod was written on top of TWOS though in fact TWOS uses different campaign advance system and so has no specific need for it (at this time).

It should be quite trivial to make a vanilla version of my test mod but I'm very busy at the moment so it wouldn't happen immediately.

BTW TWOS fixes so many other issues that I really would recommend it over vanilla any day (and I play very much on campaign easy mode due to lack of time to learn full realism).
Right OldCoder. Will probably just install TWOS then. Thanks!
Old 10-16-17, 02:27 PM   #2307
hauangua
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 1328

I have screenshot problem with SH5

what can i do?
thanks
Old 10-16-17, 04:41 PM   #2308
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully

Downloads: 1123

Hi h
Check that your in game graphics settings match your monitors native resolution.

Check that your gpu is setup correctly.
Post #239 Changing The Nvidia GPU Settings

If neither of these work then it maybe a Direct X problem
DirectX 9.0C

Also check that your game is updated to v1.2
Post #5 Update SH5 From v1.0.5.0 To v1.2.0 Immediately After Installing
Peter
THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 09:19 AM   #2309
KevinBijsterveld
Swabbie

Downloads: 12
Default Stabilize View Issue

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this because it drives me mad.

I'm starting a new silent hunter 5 campaign (the tutorial mission) with Open Horizons 2.5, thedarkwraiths UI mod and real navigation. Stock game is updated to 1.2.

Before starting I select full realism with the exception of no external view and stabilize view. I want the external view obviously just because it is cool

The big issue is the "no stabilize view" I have unticked it from the options in the main menu but still, every time I get in game, the view through the periscope is still not stabilized. (the UZO is also not stabilized. This is annoying because it is zoomed in so much that even in completely calm waters I cannot focus on anything)

I appreciate that it adds to the realism but it makes it near impossible to get a proper range to a target. In addition to it just being annoying to look at a moving screen the whole time. It gives me headaches.

Does anybody know why I can't get my view to stabilize? your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kapitän Kevin
KevinBijsterveld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-17, 10:13 AM   #2310
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinBijsterveld View Post
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this because it drives me mad.

I'm starting a new silent hunter 5 campaign (the tutorial mission) with Open Horizons 2.5, thedarkwraiths UI mod and real navigation. Stock game is updated to 1.2.

Before starting I select full realism with the exception of no external view and stabilize view. I want the external view obviously just because it is cool

The big issue is the "no stabilize view" I have unticked it from the options in the main menu but still, every time I get in game, the view through the periscope is still not stabilized. (the UZO is also not stabilized. This is annoying because it is zoomed in so much that even in completely calm waters I cannot focus on anything)

I appreciate that it adds to the realism but it makes it near impossible to get a proper range to a target. In addition to it just being annoying to look at a moving screen the whole time. It gives me headaches.

Does anybody know why I can't get my view to stabilize? your help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kapitän Kevin
Check Gameplay Config file : Silent Hunter5 /Data /Cfg/ GameplaySettings .Cfg ( Open with Notepad ) Your Mods may overwrite that file so check them first

Towards bottom of that file

[Normal]
LimitedBatteries=true
LimitedCompressedAir=true
LimitedO2=true
LimitedFuel=true
RealisticRepairTime=true
ManualTargetingSystem=true
NoMapUpdate=false
RealisticSensors=true
DudTorpedoes=true
RealisticReload=true
NoEventCamera=true
NoExternalView=false
NoStabilizeView=true
MPShowPlayerNames=false
MPShowTorpedoes=false

Simon

Last edited by Cyborg322; 12-21-17 at 10:24 AM.
Cyborg322 is offline   Reply With Quote