SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-21-09, 10:59 PM   #256
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascal101
Hi Racer Boy Thanks for your messages and your interest to help re my smoke issues - Am pleased to say I have it soreted and now all is functioning well

Except - Something now appears to be affecting your secondary explosions - I can see them so they are bing fired - but I cant hear them - something maybe me has knocked out the sound for the secondaries - Fantastic major explosion - any chance of a step by step re getting at the sound for this mod so I can manipulate it

Would love to see you re-opend the file on this and add a few more randomised damage affects - not so worried about seeing dead bodies or guys dying in the water - later in the war most attacks are going to be at night so you never see this stuff - its the randomised affects that occur when you hit something thats what makes this game so interesting

Also I have had a thought and speaking of sound - Sound travels much slower than light often when you see footage of an explosion you see a flash but get the sound a second or two later - do you think its possible to mod for this with your affects - I think there used to be a mod for this ages ago but its gotten lost

What do you think
if you're using the effects mod of mine with GWX they also have modified the SH3.SDL file which is the master sound mixer and the particles.dsd file which defines the sounds for the effects. In effect you are missing the sounds I intended for you to hear (and you're missing all the new underwater sounds I made!). Asanovic7 is doing a great job porting it over to GWX x.xx but he doesn't know every little detail of what needs to go where and how to do it and what needs modified.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 02:17 AM   #257
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200
Uploads: 0
Default white blcky smoke affect

Here's my white blocky smoke problem and here is a list of my activated mods

American_Ore_Freighter_1.0
GWX - Alternative Flotillas
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - No Medals on Crew
GWX 3 St Naz and Schluese and other units
No Morse code
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
MANOS ENVIRONMENT PRO
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Waterstream+Exhaust KombiMod V1.0
WideScreen_SH3_V1

Any Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racerboy
Quote:
Hi Racer Boy Thanks for your messages and your interest to help re my smoke issues - Am pleased to say I have it soreted and now all is functioning well

Except - Something now appears to be affecting your secondary explosions - I can see them so they are bing fired - but I cant hear them - something maybe me has knocked out the sound for the secondaries - Fantastic major explosion - any chance of a step by step re getting at the sound for this mod so I can manipulate it

Would love to see you re-opend the file on this and add a few more randomised damage affects - not so worried about seeing dead bodies or guys dying in the water - later in the war most attacks are going to be at night so you never see this stuff - its the randomised affects that occur when you hit something thats what makes this game so interesting

Also I have had a thought and speaking of sound - Sound travels much slower than light often when you see footage of an explosion you see a flash but get the sound a second or two later - do you think its possible to mod for this with your affects - I think there used to be a mod for this ages ago but its gotten lost

What do you think
if you're using the effects mod of mine with GWX they also have modified the SH3.SDL file which is the master sound mixer and the particles.dsd file which defines the sounds for the effects. In effect you are missing the sounds I intended for you to hear (and you're missing all the new underwater sounds I made!). Asanovic7 is doing a great job porting it over to GWX x.xx but he doesn't know every little detail of what needs to go where and how to do it and what needs modified.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 10:24 AM   #258
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - No Medals on Crew
No Morse code
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
MANOS ENVIRONMENT PRO
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71
LifeBoats&Debris_v4
Waterstream+Exhaust KombiMod V1.0
WideScreen_SH3_V1

Any Ideas
hello Rascal,

did you 'play' with material.dat, particles.dat stuff in Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71 ?
i remember that i had a similar problem when i was 'messing' with the above areas
so run Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71 as it is (in case you touch that files)
something else i notice is that you are running both gwx-16 km and M.E.P. no need to do this,run only one
for the orhers mods you running i don't know but i remember that asanovic had include a compatible file for the lifeboats.did you use it?
bye
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-09, 10:37 AM   #259
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:

GWX - Merged Campaign
GWX - Open Hatch Mod
GWX - No Medals on Crew
No Morse code
GWX - Integrated Orders
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
MANOS ENVIRONMENT PRO <---- disable
Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71 <---- disable
LifeBoats&Debris_v4 <---- disable
Waterstream+Exhaust KombiMod V1.0 <---- disable
WideScreen_SH3_V1 <---- disable
Disable all the mods in yellow starting with WideScreen_SH3_V1 and working backwards. Run game see if smoke ok. Enable Rbs1_SH4_Effects_GWX_30_71 and run game. See if smoke ok. Then enable the remaining disabled mods one by one and test each time to see if smoke is ok to find the problem child. That's how I would do it.
Old 02-23-09, 02:24 PM   #260
asanovic7
Captain

Downloads: 70
Default yo rasta

Thanks, racerboy, for answering on the thread and for spreading the word :rotfl:
Cheers, mate!
I am no longer in position to surf so much but I am trying Ringo
And seeing rb cruising here makes me feel proud

rascal, that really looks funny.. post it in humoristic pics thread, mate Kidding...
I don't know manos enviroment? please listen to the advices posted here..

If you use original racerboys mod with gwx, you will not hear sounds like rb said, and you face a ctd(possibly) when aeroplanes hit french ports in the later part of the war..
Everything that racerboy did (and other people mentioned) with explosions, bodies, blood, debris, everything is in, I just ported it to gwx, and corrected disappearing smokes.. Disappearing smokes is happening to the gwx and enhanced damage effects. Regading that, rb is right, there are new parts of zones.cfg file that are not in enhanced damage effecs file, but noone mentions that, so?? Nevermind that, if you read my readme you will know I admire gwx smokes, they look like in other 3d games..
And I made a lite version where I cut down textures and made cuts to the number of particle generators that occur during combat(?). And some other little tweaks, everything else is original.
But racerboy is right, I don't know everything because making mods for sh3 take as much time as working.. You make a little tweak, just to see it working you have to spend 20 min to test it, which is exhausting. How is rb doing it? Although, rascals idea about diverse effects is something I thought of, racerboy is "guilty" for not doing that, because he said somewhere "messing the particles.dat"..:rotfl: And making little changes to zones.cfg could make wonders, although I miss some tools and info to step in that heavily there.. It looks great(I hope also with my changes) right now, it doesn't cause a bug(at least rascal? at least I am waiting for some report) the game is stable (on my pc) with numerous other mods and that is cool. When you see tanker blowing bodies everywhere in he middle of the night on your periscope and then see life boats, debris, fires, it feels like a "real" thing. It makes you feel like I said when I found this mod "you are not shooting at cans".

That's it, boys!
I am currently into gta 4(americans have a sick sense of humour, main guy is a Serb, first one he kills in game mission is Albanian :rotfl: :rotfl: ), (temporarely!!!!sh3! sh3!) but with this new ideas from rb and rascal(?) I am tempted to try something else..

RFX?

rfx
asanovic7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-09, 02:32 PM   #261
asanovic7
Captain

Default grr

Sorry for double post

???

But has anyone tried rbs flagis!?!?!?! DO THEY WORk WITH GWX 3.0?

Hello people!!!

Old 02-23-09, 06:34 PM   #262
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default I think yes

I use them and they work. Now same r seing it change somthing and it is not working well with gwx 3. I didnt notice nothing bad, it work wery well. And i recived from RB a mod with eagle and flags. Just dont have the time too tay it yat. Soon i tray it u will see it posted.
Old 02-24-09, 10:52 AM   #263
Uber Gruber
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Asnovic (or anyone else who might be able to help)

I see that there are patches for LRT, OLC and Lifeboats V4....but what i don't see is a patch for someone who wants to use all the above.....does anyone know if this exists ?

Eye thank ewe...
Old 02-24-09, 01:15 PM   #264
Hohenstaufen
Watch

Downloads: 14
@RACSAL

Your Problem should be the Materials.dat from Waterstream Mod. I had the same Issue. There is a new Materials.dat from the Waterstream mod out here somewhere which dont effect Racerboys Materials.dat than it should work fine.

Check out this thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148245

Simply delete old Materials.dat und put in the new. You don´t jave to rename the new.
Old 02-25-09, 11:35 AM   #265
asanovic7
Captain

Default hmm

Hey ubergruber..

I am currently short on time.. So if I make a mistake.. F..k m., m... i.. t.. a.. a.. f.. y... t...!

This is the deal..

Patch for life boats consists of two parts. One part is for buoyance part of the lifeboats mod, the other is for "oure" lifeboats mod.

Patch for lrt and patch for lifeboats conflict in one file sound.sdl(is that the name?), but that file has all possible "solutions" to the theme. So if you enable lrt and then life boats, ok, if you enable lifeboats and then lrt, ok. But please, check if they conflict in more than that one file. Because I am talking out of the hat.. On the run.. In the fog.. Directly from the battle line.. On my meanest behaviour.. Full of govno..

OLC? What olc's mod has to do with this mod? There are some colour parameters I adjusted to olc's solutions, nothing much. Everything is the same like in olc's olce file? ?

Lord neuro, ne da mi se pisat na engleskom jer se zurim, pa ti prevedi, i mislio sam da to radi, da nema neke promjene ali daj istestiraj to malo ako mozes. Hvala! Engleski ti je i dalje prejeben!

For those of you in the mist, Lord neuro is going to translate, because I don't have much time..

Cheers, people!!

From one banana country in financial problems!!! And proud neighbours of the "european union nursed fascist country"..
Old 02-25-09, 02:04 PM   #266
LordNeuro"Serbia"
Chief

Downloads: 45
Default Yap

Translate the asanovic7 words wuth my wery good english.
He thinks theat the RB flags r working with gwx but it needs too taste it. or me or any ho is willing. And yes is sa too theat my enlish is f..k up
Old 02-25-09, 02:55 PM   #267
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

the flags and pennants are easy to add to any file. The trick is the correct placement of them all. That's what takes forever to get right.
Old 02-25-09, 05:21 PM   #268
kakemann
Samurai Navy

Location: Pretty close to the big german cruiser Blücher in Norway
Downloads: 29

I added the sound in the data folder, and added the path for horn sound in the eqp files for the ships.
I used another sound file which I renamed and overwrote existing, however i can't hear any sounds when meeting a ship.

I tried to check it by opening the described textfile with the tweakertool and changed the value to 1 to see the "transparent-like" guns, but they didn't show up.

Any clues?
kakemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 06:01 PM   #269
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemann
I added the sound in the data folder, and added the path for horn sound in the eqp files for the ships.
I used another sound file which I renamed and overwrote existing, however i can't hear any sounds when meeting a ship.

I tried to check it by opening the described textfile with the tweakertool and changed the value to 1 to see the "transparent-like" guns, but they didn't show up.

Any clues?
so people really did like my Live AI ships idea? Cool. I could help you with my original version but Asanovic7 is going to have to help you out with the ported one.
Old 02-25-09, 09:23 PM   #270
rascal101
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 200

My thanks to you kind sir - got the mod or patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen
@RACSAL

Your Problem should be the Materials.dat from Waterstream Mod. I had the same Issue. There is a new Materials.dat from the Waterstream mod out here somewhere which dont effect Racerboys Materials.dat than it should work fine.

Check out this thread.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148245

Simply delete old Materials.dat und put in the new. You don´t jave to rename the new.
rascal101 is offline   Reply With Quote