SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-13, 11:11 PM   #1
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0
Download Limit???

well... im back in the submarine simulation games, after a few moths i reinstalled SH4 and wanted to re-mod it... i remember that that 8 months ago there was no download limit... but now i cant download the mods i had ... why is this?

didn't knew where to put this thread... sorry for the bad english
Old 10-07-13, 07:29 AM   #2
irish1958
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 320
Uploads: 11

Make a small donation and the limit is removed. All the mods are available on the internet. Members of the SubSim Navy have the privilege of getting them here. Non-members can also, but it will take them much longer.
Old 10-07-13, 11:05 AM   #3
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

There was indeed a download limit eight months ago. The reason you're seeing it now is that you haven't posted in all that time. The more you post, the more you can download.
Old 10-07-13, 01:54 PM   #4
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

yes, your old posts don't count because its looking at posts within a set time frame so it knows you are an active member so make a few more posts and you will be up to a 10 downloads a day limit or make a small donation to help support the site and you wont have a limit anymore.

the limits are needed because of the HUGE number of freeloaders that use the site and swamp the servers looking for downloads causing the whole website to slow down.

it was decided a download limit solves the problem without driving cost so high that site access needed to be restricted so the simple solution short of spending big $$$ to massively upgrade the servers to cater to freeloaders and keep access free for all was to have a reasonable download limit.

Old 10-07-13, 09:25 PM   #5
yamatowar
Mate

Location: Lampa,Santiago,Chile,South America, Earth, Solar System, Sagittarius Arm, Milky way
Downloads: 217
Uploads: 0

thanks to everyone xD i was a little confused D:... but i think that... at large, would be a problem, because of all the "Download Accounts" the people may create
Old 10-08-13, 08:54 AM   #6
Webster
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamatowar View Post
thanks to everyone xD i was a little confused D:... but i think that... at large, would be a problem, because of all the "Download Accounts" the people may create
thank you for understanding and happy hunting

Closed Thread

Tags
download, limit, mods