SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH4 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-25-14, 06:05 PM   #196
Splinter48708
Watch

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0
Default Gurgle Gurgle!!!

Well, got the mod working, but, noticed something...Red October sank after fighting in the Battle of Midway and the only two indications of "Oh CRAP!!" was the loss of my periscopes and that the sub headed for the bottom...1460 feet down and emergency surface didn't work. The crew merely accepted their fate and didn't tell Ramius...Eh, me.

No damage indicators either.
Splinter48708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 03:41 AM   #197
Meeneemoo_14
Swabbie

Downloads: 95
Default The Command center is black

Hey guys I need your help in this kind of mod, the command center which is the main center of the submarine is turned to a black... the textures of the said command room has gone, it's already black and ugly and the parameters of the command room is also. but the radar room is fine, the textures were stable but the command center doesn't... I need your help guys... I hope someone replies me.. thank you in advance
Meeneemoo_14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-14, 02:22 PM   #198
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Downloads: 184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter48708 View Post
Well, got the mod working, but, noticed something...Red October sank after fighting in the Battle of Midway and the only two indications of "Oh CRAP!!" was the loss of my periscopes and that the sub headed for the bottom...1460 feet down and emergency surface didn't work. The crew merely accepted their fate and didn't tell Ramius...Eh, me.

No damage indicators either.
And what were the circumstances when you lost those 2 periscopes?
Old 08-26-14, 02:24 PM   #199
Marka Ragnos
Weps

I have been thinkering on the crew management page to look more real
Changed the old yellow look and added more crew and compartments
The submarine image is also changed because that's how my typhoon looks like

Old 08-26-14, 11:03 PM   #200
Meeneemoo_14
Swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka Ragnos View Post
I have been thinkering on the crew management page to look more real
Changed the old yellow look and added more crew and compartments
The submarine image is also changed because that's how my typhoon looks like
Daym!!!! That's one of a kind sub!! when you can release that sub of yours? sorry for my bad english
Old 08-27-14, 07:14 AM   #201
Marka Ragnos
Weps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeneemoo_14 View Post
Daym!!!! That's one of a kind sub!! when you can release that sub of yours? sorry for my bad english
Not sure if i can, Jhapprich will kill me if he sees what i have done to his boat :p

- Changed the colors of the aft propellors
- Removed the red paint and replaced it with grey
- removed the white lines around the sub

Old 08-27-14, 08:17 AM   #202
Meeneemoo_14
Swabbie

Quote:
Not sure if i can, Jhapprich will kill me if he sees what i have done to his boat :p

- Changed the colors of the aft propellors
- Removed the red paint and replaced it with grey
- removed the white lines around the sub

So do you have added some modifications here on your sub? It looks like a blade in the deepest seas... because I've seen your post a while ago, you have so many crews, just like the modern subs now...
Old 08-28-14, 01:16 AM   #203
Splinter48708
Watch

Quote:
And what were the circumstances when you lost those 2 periscopes?
I'm not sure, to be honest. With my luck, one of the torpedoes looped around and slammed into me. I didn't know at the time that they are acoustic homers. Nice to have, as long as one remembers to hit "all stop", then, loose the torpedo and cross your fingers it hears the enemy boat. Then again, the impact is something to behold as it can throw a destroyer out of the water.

What gets me is I have a mega-mod installed (Fall of the Rising Sun) and there's one freighter there that cannot be hit. Torpedoes go through it like it isn't there and I even rammed it with the Typhoon and...nothing. It can fire and HIT me, but, to my weapons, regardless of ship, it's a ghost ship.

I love those very high speed initial torpedoes, though. I did a single mission with the Bismarck...two of those puppies killed the battleship. Once the engines stopped, my homing torps went over 6000 yards and killed a friendly...Oooops!!!

I'm not complaining, though. Fall of the Rising Sun ruined my other homing torpedoes and turned them into straight line/1500 yard or less solution. The Typhoon at least restored some homing torpedoes
Old 08-28-14, 04:38 AM   #204
Meeneemoo_14
Swabbie

Default LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter48708 View Post
I'm not sure, to be honest. With my luck, one of the torpedoes looped around and slammed into me. I didn't know at the time that they are acoustic homers. Nice to have, as long as one remembers to hit "all stop", then, loose the torpedo and cross your fingers it hears the enemy boat. Then again, the impact is something to behold as it can throw a destroyer out of the water.

What gets me is I have a mega-mod installed (Fall of the Rising Sun) and there's one freighter there that cannot be hit. Torpedoes go through it like it isn't there and I even rammed it with the Typhoon and...nothing. It can fire and HIT me, but, to my weapons, regardless of ship, it's a ghost ship.

I love those very high speed initial torpedoes, though. I did a single mission with the Bismarck...two of those puppies killed the battleship. Once the engines stopped, my homing torps went over 6000 yards and killed a friendly...Oooops!!!

I'm not complaining, though. Fall of the Rising Sun ruined my other homing torpedoes and turned them into straight line/1500 yard or less solution. The Typhoon at least restored some homing torpedoes
Did the looped torpedo explode on your sub? sorry mate I can't stop laughing on your looped torpedo... kinda someone's manipulated it. Anyway that's a sick torpedo 1 hit 1 kill.
Old 08-28-14, 12:25 PM   #205
Splinter48708
Watch

Quote:
Did the looped torpedo explode on your sub? sorry mate I can't stop laughing on your looped torpedo... kinda someone's manipulated it. Anyway that's a sick torpedo 1 hit 1 kill.
Not that funny when you're getting damage reports while your brand new Red October is heading for Davy Jones' Locker.

But, those torps pack a strong punch! One of the "Fall of the Rising Sun" missions has four US flat tops side by side. I backed Red October to a safe distance and fired a single homing torpedo at the bow of the first one (like a SINKEX). All four flat tops exploded violently and sank 10 minutes later. I might have to fire up Fraps and get a movie of that, though.
Old 08-28-14, 06:39 PM   #206
bloopgun
Watch

Downloads: 38

You sure that was a torpedo and not a icbm? Or perhaps a harpoon? (I know the soviet version is a different name but i'll be flogged if I can remember now). I never had a standard torp kill multiple ships. I have had the anti ship missile do this, as it has a ten kilo nuke warhead. Which would also explain your sudden dive to Davey jones. you could have been inside the explosion radius of either weapon.
Hint: the standard torpedos are green, the harpoons are grey
bloopgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 06:58 PM   #207
Splinter48708
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopgun View Post
You sure that was a torpedo and not a icbm? Or perhaps a harpoon? (I know the soviet version is a different name but i'll be flogged if I can remember now). I never had a standard torp kill multiple ships. I have had the anti ship missile do this, as it has a ten kilo nuke warhead. Which would also explain your sudden dive to Davey jones. you could have been inside the explosion radius of either weapon.
I tested that earlier. I did not fire the missiles as I was well within the 3000 yard radius. In the scenario, you have four stationary American Carriers side by side. I fired a torp out of tube 3, this is a homing torpedo. Since the ships were at all stop, I knew that to hit the first one, I had to merely back up as I was already at a 90 degree AOA. I went back to about 1400 yards and "Fire tube 3!"

Soon as it smacked the side of the closest flat top, it was "All hands! ABANDON SHIP!!!!" as they were so close that there was a chain reaction. I'll put the video on YT ASAP...

And, yeah, they were the Harpoons out of Tube 3. I have the video rendering now since FRAPS did like 7 "chapters", so, I'm stitching them together. The harpoon destroyed the center section of the flat-top and within 90 seconds or so, the other four were burning.

Last edited by Splinter48708; 08-28-14 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-28-14, 09:30 PM   #208
Splinter48708
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopgun View Post
Hint: the standard torpedos are green, the harpoons are grey
Here's the video link...
Old 08-30-14, 01:03 AM   #209
Meeneemoo_14
Swabbie

Yeah I've seen your video Splinter, that poor carrier hit by a torpedo and turned into semi skeleton. that is the effect of fall of the rising sun mod? how about that ghost ship?Iv'e seen that a couple of times at luzon strait that's my mission today to patrol and as what you have said.. It can be rammed, hit by a torp or hit by a missile... is there any method to kill this ghost ship? or leave it and get out of there...
Old 08-30-14, 05:06 AM   #210
Splinter48708
Watch

Quote:
Yeah I've seen your video Splinter, that poor carrier hit by a torpedo and turned into semi skeleton. that is the effect of fall of the rising sun mod? how about that ghost ship?Iv'e seen that a couple of times at luzon strait that's my mission today to patrol and as what you have said.. It can be rammed, hit by a torp or hit by a missile... is there any method to kill this ghost ship? or leave it and get out of there...
That's one of the effects of that mod. "Realistic damage" and supposed to be realistic sinking, meaning that the incredible damage would sink that one in minutes and leave the other three to sink slower. The actual time of the video was closer to 16 minutes, but, the video render program had some issues and kept crashing. Suffice it to say that all four vessels sank at about the same time.

And the "ghost ship" is in a couple of scenerios. It's a Yama****a Freighter and whatever I try, fails. There's no collision routine for it, apparently since it cannot be hit. Torpodoes to straigh through, shelling has no effect and ramming it also is ignored, so the only option is to flip it the finger, tell it to bite my glorious golden tuchus and leave.

At least that's better then when I try to sink a Fuso battleship...that gives me a Crash to Desktop. Tends to ruin my day. I can sink other battleships without a problem, but, soon as the game knows that a Fuso is supposed to sink, I get the finger and the bite me line. But, that's for another thread, as I do not wish to hijack this one.

(I see the board owners have filters set up...*sigh*)