SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-19-15, 06:48 PM   #1
A-ganger

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0
Default Finally!

So I fianlly got V1.5 and I really want a more realistic experience with submarines now (now that I can get all the mods) but also I wanna have fun with surface ships. Can you guys show me some mods to really improve my experience to get realism into the game. And don't forget those surface ships!
7499275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 02:12 AM   #2
TorpX
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 153
Uploads: 11
gear

I highly recommend this combination:

RFB_2.0 .................................................. .......(Real Fleet Boat)
RFB_2.0_Patch_23April2010
RSRDC_RFB_V575 .......................................(Run Silent Run Deep Campaign)
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Improved Ship Physics 2.15

[Improved Ship Physics 2.x Patch] .........(applied manually)

This provides many improvements with only five mods. RFB (Real Fleet Boat) aims to achieve the most realistic gameplay and changes many elements.

RSRDC (Run Silent Run Deep Campaign) changes shipping traffic and missions to historical volume/pattern. Stock has excessive traffic and isn't well configured.

ISP makes the diving, turning, acceleration, battery performance, and sea-keeping of your boat more realistic. Read the documentation; there are things you need to know, and for the patch, too.

Note that you must have v1.5 of Silent Hunter 4 to run these mods (as most others).

Also, when you install and enable these mods (using JSGME), you should start a new career, and avoid experimenting with a lot of mods within this career. Playing 3 card Monty with mods will likely make for problems. (ok, you probably already know this )

TorpX is offline   Reply With Quote