Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 01-06-08, 04:54 PM   #1
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Default The Diary of William Joseph (AAR)

1/2/1916
Dear Diary,

Today is going to be my firts combat patrol for the Royal Flying Corp 24,
I enjoyed the flying in my training day, but today is going to be something different. I hope the training I got is enough for today.

as I sat around the map with my fellow Airmen, My throat closed itself when seeying the finger beeing pointed behind the enemy front line. it seems the Bosch where taking advantage of a Air balloon.
The spotter guided the Bosch artillery on our men, so it was our task to take the bastard down.

It was a good day, clear weather.
I was preparing myself and did a last walk around my aircraft the ''Airco.Dh2''

I had a few flying hours with the Airco, starting to like to ugly thing.

I was about to mount the aircraft , when I got a hand on the shoulder, both my fellow airmen shaked my hand and promised we will have a drink after this is over.

and there I was, both my fellow airmen where already in the skies...I hardly could breath.
I started the engine.....the engine woke up heavily and it shook the cockpit and myself.
I opened the throttle and there I went...airborne

wind blewing throught my nose, it was like comming to life...I took a big breather and I started to feel a lot better.

and we where on our way...towards the enemy line.

Up in the air I looked around , and was amazed how beautifull the country is. I really pitty that on this land a war is beeing fought.

after some time, I heard soft rumble in the distance, I sat straight and looked ahead of me, I was shocked from what I saw...it was like the landscape was splitted into two parts!

When I got closer, I realized this was the Frontline...I couldnt believe my eyes...I heard horrible things about war, but for what I saw are no words to describe it.

The next thing that I heard where heavy explosion, seeying my angle of aproach it was English fire, it seems they are giving the bosch a hard time down there. I was so glad to be in the air myself.

for a moment I felt a bit sorry for them bosch, the impacts was even felt inside my cockpit...bloody hell thats some strong firepower!

but me feeling sorry for the bosch was quikly over as some of them bastards was firing anti aircraft guns into the air. I didnt really worried about it much as I saw my target in the distance a single balloon.
when I go closer I was reaching for my machine gun on front...I holded the trigger and when I got in firing range I let my Machine guy spew for a short time. I was shocked of the horror I saw next.

the balloon went on in flames....and saw the poor bastard jump out of the basket...without a parachute.

I quikly was recovered of the horror as I saw my next nightmare...Fokkers comming out of the sunlight.
I rapidly turned my aircraft towards the right to get out of his line of sight.
I quikly looked around and saw the two fokker going after my fellow airmen.

I didnt hesitate I turned around and went after them.
quikly when I got close I started to fire at him

amazingly I saw that my aim was very good. I got good hits at the flying bosch...and saw his engine spitting out black smoke and the aircraft went down.

I didnt celebrate, as I knew the other one must be around ...and I was right about that, the bloody bastard was on my six and started to shoot me...I turned around and saw him following but saw that one of my fellow airmen opened fire on him and he hitted him good...he started to flee. and I decided it was enough and headed back to base.

on the way back, I was thinking about what I just saw...I tasted war.
and I didnt really liked it, but I felt I had to keep going as it was my duty and that is to fight for my queen and country!

-Sgt. William Joseph.

end of patrol 1,

(*note* the screenshot include the Icons and radar still on..I forget to turn these features off, but because of reinstalling I was eager to try this sim again)

Last edited by HunterICX; 01-07-08 at 04:55 PM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:02 PM   #2
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Very good read there! Let's hope you survive and that THING keeps from falling in part. :rotfl:
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-08, 05:14 PM   #3
XabbaRus
Navy Seal

Downloads: 5

Nice one Hunter, I like how you write it. I might adjust mine as mine is quite a diatribe but then doing the pics is time consuming.
Old 01-06-08, 05:35 PM   #4
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

Von Lutze hopes to meet you in the skies, Sgt. Joseph.

Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 05:44 PM   #5
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

2/2/1916
Dear Diary,

Last Night I had a great time with my fellow airmen, and I finally got to know them who they are.

my wingman, Geoffrey Hislop but he calls himself ''The Goofer'' as Alan Smiths his buddy told me how he managed to fly his aircraft into a bunch of trees in training camp back in england and almost got kicked out of it.
Alan Smiths was Geoffrey Hislop best friend, as they grew up in the same town and joined the Royal Flying Corps together.

As we sat there in a Bar in St. Omer, enjoying a beer in the evening breeze I listened to their stories. and ofcourse I told me who I am and why I joined the Royal Flying Corps. later on Geoffrey showed me a photo of his fiancé , he plans to marry her if the war is over, lets hope we will make it so we can all mary someone we love and grow old in peace.

Peace had to wait, as when we woke up at 0600am, our commander in charge wanted us to patrol a area norht east of our airbase. we prepared ourselfs for take off.

My Airco has been patched up, and was ready for take off.
and off we went.

And yet again, once in the air I felt great
the morning breeze really makes you feel fresh and fit.

not far away I saw a train steaming his way forward, and in my mind I really pitty the fact its war...this scenery is a paradise.

meanwhile , watching geoffrey I really got to know why they called him ''The Goofer'', he doesnt fly straight , he zig-zags around...when next to me he gives me a grumpy face, throttles up and speeds forward...but I must admit he made me smile...what a guy.

after a while I came in a state where I just shut off my thoughts and stared around me and just enjoyed the scenery as far I could see.

and the rumble was heard again, and I awoke from my trance...looking forward I saw a town in the distance. The town was different like others it was reshaped by the heavy barrages and I was suprised that buildings still where standing.

On the frontline itself , it was open war. I heard the explosions , even heard gunfire. My god, it was a horrible sight. I clearly saw the british line beeing pounded by germany's barrage. I got angry by the sight of it, seeying my countrymen beeing bombarded. How dare they!, I was wishing for enemy aircraft as I needed something to release my anger on. as we where patroling I couldnt stop looking down.

The more I looked down, the more sick I was getting...I was sweating, shaking and my stomache was restless....
after aproximate 20 minutes I decided it was enough and headed home.

about halfway I saw aircraft in the distance , when they where in range I saw they where French, the french pilots waved at us and we saluted back. Lets hope they will have some Bosch to shoot down to support their country men on the ground. Viva la francé

I finally saw my airbase and safely landed my aircraft on the ground.
it is not even afternoon yet , but I needed to clear my mind of what I saw today.

-Sgt. William Joseph
Old 01-09-08, 06:51 PM   #6
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

3/2/1916
Dear Diary,

I can consider myself lucky to write now, its early in the morning, I just been picked up by a army truck and brought back to my base.

We where flying a Night Operation what happend was we where flying towards our patrol area and halfway we got stabbed in the back by these cowardly bosch, I got a full blaze of bullets rain down on me..damn I was scared to death when that suddently happened...when I recovered a bit I turn my aircraft around to see what fired on me..Fokkers...those bloody Fokkers.

I immediatly chased the one I had in my gunsight and blazed bullets in him, I missed a lot in my rage of revenge. I focused myself on one of them Fokkers and opened fire again, yet this time I scored some decent hits...but not enough to bring the bastard down.

At the sudden I felt a shock in my plane, looked at my instruments and saw the needle of my fuel tank hitting zero...damn! out of fuel, I went down like a brick...made some speed pulled up before hitting the ground, rolled over and was thrown out of my cockpit....

I looked up in the skie to see that my fellow airmen where fighting brave, but I was very glad to see that a other group of british Airmen raced for support...and chased the fokkers away. I was pleased to see one of the fokkers smashing into the ground and went up in flames...looking at my own plane I could consider myself lucky to be standing here.
apart from some cuts here and there I was perfectly fine, might feel a bit soar the next day thought.

Looking up, I saw my fellow airmen turning circles and I waved at them to show them I was o.k.

after a Hour or so a truck arived to pick me up, when I was back on base I saw my fellow airmen Geoffrey and Alan running towards the truck, embraced me and told me that I was a lucky bastard that needed a good drink, I agreed.

-Sgt.William Joseph

Last edited by HunterICX; 01-09-08 at 07:01 PM.
HunterICX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-08, 06:59 PM   #7
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0

Keep it going matey, so when do YOU meet the nurse's? I'm waiting for the juicy titbits .......nah just yankin yer chain m8, carry on its getting quite interesting.

Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-08, 05:25 PM   #8
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

KIA: William Jospeh 3/2/1916

MIA: Allan Smith

''6 Fokkers EIII is the cause , thats All I have to say'' -Geoffrey Smith

could call that a short AAR, but heck...my Airco.DH isnt washed up against those Eindeckers....

will start a new AAR soon.
and will replace this link with the new AAR thread in the flightsim hangar.

HunterICX
Old 01-10-08, 06:41 PM   #9
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

And thats it over now? What an anti-climax,I was waiting for the juicy details and stuff...gawd serials suck!!!!!

Old 01-10-08, 06:55 PM   #10
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos
And thats it over now? What an anti-climax,I was waiting for the juicy details and stuff...gawd serials suck!!!!!
thats WW1 for ya,
one day he can be a lucky guy, the other day he is gone...

try to beat those 17 hours (the average lifetime of a WW1 pilot)

and the game is really Dead is Dead , so if you die in action.
your pilot profile locks itself...and you have to start a new one

HunterICX
Old 01-10-08, 07:06 PM   #11
Kratos
Ace of the Deep

thats WW1 for ya,
one day he can be a lucky guy, the other day he is gone...

try to beat those 17 hours (the average lifetime of a WW1 pilot)

and the game is really Dead is Dead , so if you die in action.
your pilot profile locks itself...and you have to start a new one
You could have lied a bit!!!

damn quote button didnt work

Old 01-10-08, 07:12 PM   #12
FIREWALL
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 511

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly
Very good read there! Let's hope you survive and that THING keeps from falling in part. :rotfl:

What he said :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I Play GWX. Silent Hunter Who ???
FIREWALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 01:20 AM   #13
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19

I'd hoped Von Lutze would make the kill, but I guess we can't have everything, now can we?
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 01:38 AM   #14
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

Stuff sure happens fast in war, huh.

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-08, 05:39 PM   #15
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Believe me, if you had survived the 17 hours (I heard it was more like 10) you'll just break down when you kick the bucket after messing up one of your landings....

It happened to me. To see a pilot that survived a month or two of the war get killed by something tragically unheroish is really heartbraking....