SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SH5 Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 02-28-18, 07:50 AM   #3406
bstanko6
Admiral

Downloads: 390
Uploads: 13

Default 60 m/s wind patch question

I just enabled this patch. Haven't tried it yet, and now I read that you have to enable a file by hand? Is this true? If so what file, and how? Or did I read that wrong in TDW's patch list?

DISCORD
https://discord.gg/6tFeTSUmVc
bstanko6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 08:51 AM   #3407
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstanko6 View Post
I just enabled this patch. Haven't tried it yet, and now I read that you have to enable a file by hand? Is this true? If so what file, and how? Or did I read that wrong in TDW's patch list?
This patch, which short name is known as TDW Generic Patcher, is a MUST-HAVE for whatever version of SH5 you play. It will correct approx. 60 game-breaking bugs.
This patch is included in TWoS, with its newest version you don't have to bother anymore, it will be installed automatically.
And in my humble opinion, unless you are an *expert* in SH5, you should not play anything else than TWoS. For myself, I did play the vanilla game including this patch, plus other TheDarkWraith's mod series for SH5, but the playing result of such a corrected vanilla game is still *far inferior* to TWoS, especially for the in-sub visuals, unrealistic maps, stupid needed tonnage performances in your missions, reduced Automation features etc, etc. Just forget it.

That said, to answer your question: the exact HowTo for installing this patch is included in the TWoS thread, but I don't know if it's still there, because Vecko has automated the process. However read it carefully if you install by hand, and read an entire novel if you have the Steam version of the game
If you happen to have the Steam version of SH5, then *by all means* make a fresh install of SH5, update it to 1.2 and install the newest TWoS, you save a lot of time. In this case I also advice you to start a fresh career, do not use your old saves.

Last edited by XenonSurf; 02-28-18 at 09:31 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-18, 12:58 PM   #3408
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 348
Uploads: 0

there is a similar thread to this running parallel

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show....php?p=2541361

quote " I'll say once again that you guys shouldn't mess u with wind patches because game files are not optimized for them. " Vecko 14/2/2018