SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 08-13-16, 06:19 PM   #1
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Downloads: 290
Uploads: 0
Default Need help finding these files....

Have worn out the "Search" button and several hours to no avail. Can some one put a link to where I can download these files so I can download/install them please? Thank you

EDIT" I've checked all 11 pages of the "Gameplay" mod area and neither of these files are there. Does anyone have a link to or can point me to where I find download them? Checking here and the internet and still drawing a blank. Have reached out to the author but no reply.

* TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4

Jack

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!

Last edited by Navigator857; 08-17-16 at 07:51 AM.
Navigator857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 03:26 PM   #2
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Anyone?

by....ME / QM3 Jack Frost, USS IOWA BB61 - Precom 1983 - 1987 / CTR2 Jack Frost - NSGA Northwest Chesapeake, VA. 1987 - 1994!
Old 08-14-16, 04:48 PM   #3
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

The TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4 I remember reading about a while back, and I don't know if you'd even notice it. It was supposed to be that if a fire started on a ship or plane, that it would be more than just window dressing. Some said it was nice, others didn't. Like you, I can find no reference to it here, or on the internet, other than mentions of it being in someone's mod soup mix...

The 1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for TMO would be for having radar from the get-go in game (naturally), and like the other, I can also not find it anywhere. I don't know if any of CapnScurvy's mods have radar in them... Have you started a campaign yet? Do you have operational radar? I do not have TMO installed anymore, and it's been years since I noodled in it.

Perhaps torpedobait could help? PM them and see what they say.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-16, 05:15 PM   #4
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigator857 View Post
Have worn out the "Search" button and several hours to no avail. Can some one put a link to where I can download these files so I can download/install them please? Thank you

EDIT" I've checked all 11 pages of the "Gameplay" mod area and neither of these files are there. Does anyone have a link to or can point me to where I find download them? Checking here and the internet and still drawing a blank.

* TDW_Ship_Plane_Fire_Damage_v1_3_SH4
* 1.5_OTC_US Radar from Start for TMO

Jack
Check my other response to the list questions you asked. I'm not sure where I found the TDW mod - I've had it for a long time. I would have thought there would be mention of it somewhere in one of the SH4 forums. This one is not a critical mod. It is supposed to increase damage over and above that caused by cannon or torpedo to a ship gradually, as a fire spreads or water floods into adjoining compartments. Can't say if it really does that, but it doesn't do harm far as I can tell.

The Radar from Start mod is one of the mods included under the umbrella name 15_OpticalTargetingCorrection031312forTMO25.rar. I'm sure it is in the "New" Downloads section.

I found the 40mm Twin mod in Downloads - it is called Snarf's 40mm Twin Mod
I don't think you can actually get the twin version installed on your boat until mid-1944.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All

Last edited by torpedobait; 08-14-16 at 05:26 PM.
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-16, 08:58 AM   #5
Captain Dave
Officer

Downloads: 398
Uploads: 3

TheDarkWraith was posting on the SH5 forum. Last post was 03/15. Contact him to see if he will download the mod to the download section.
Old 08-15-16, 09:32 AM   #6
Navigator857
CTR2 Jack Frost

Will do, thank you for the replies.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, I am able to purchase both the air and surface radars when I start in the Narwhal at Pearl in Nov. 1941. So good to go there!

Jack

Last edited by Navigator857; 08-15-16 at 02:45 PM.