SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Sub/Naval + Other Games > Sub/Naval & General Games Discussion
Forget password? Reset here

Old 07-12-12, 02:35 PM   #106
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
Oh, and let's have a moment of silence for HunterICX whose computer has fallen in the field of battle and will have to be rebuilt from the ashes of the fire of his CPU.

5€ Thermal grease, Coffee and some patience and I fixed it, still have to give her a stress test to see how she goes but I rather not and wait till the new build is done but in the meantime I can enjoy these sales and grab some for the new build

HunterICX
Old 07-12-12, 02:52 PM   #107
Herr-Berbunch
Kaiser Bill's batman

Downloads: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
And the Steam store servers are down.

You'd have thought they'd have learnt from the last sales...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crécy View Post
And from the sales before that, and before that and... Well, so on.
So it's not a surprise, so no disappointment.
Old 07-12-12, 03:19 PM   #108
Egan
Admiral

Downloads: 15

Gonna pick up a couple of the DLC for Deus Ex. I might pick up Crusader Kings as well...Hmmmm....
Egan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 03:50 PM   #109
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 101

Ohhhh how I love steam sales. Definitely thinking of grabbing DCS A-10, although part of me is wondering if I should wait and see if they give it another discount
Old 07-12-12, 03:56 PM   #110
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Downloads: 55

I have 100 dollars. Im so torn between:

bethesda collection
Sega collection
THQ collection
And/or Batman arkham city
La Noire

Skyrim is something ive wanted for a while now. so is Shogun 2, company of heroes, Napoleon total war. IT SO DIFFICULT. i want it all

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison
CaptainMattJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 04:09 PM   #111
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

I would get Shogun 2 collection and Skyrim individually. Skyrim is on sale for 33.99 I think with the Shogun collection ~35$
Old 07-12-12, 04:19 PM   #112
Egan
Admiral

Ok, I bought DX: Missing Link, the tactical pack, CK2 and Sword of Islam. Thing is, neither The Sword of Islam or the tactical pack are appearing in my download list on Steam. Am I missing something here?

EDIT

Scratch that. I figured it out. Lol. Too tired for this sort of thing!
Old 07-12-12, 04:24 PM   #113
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krauter View Post
I would get Shogun 2 collection and Skyrim individually. Skyrim is on sale for 33.99 I think with the Shogun collection ~35$
how good are the DLCs for shogun 2? are they good enough to replace another game, such as LA Noire?

A popular Government without popular information nor the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy or perhaps both. Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own Governors must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives
- James Madison

Last edited by CaptainMattJ.; 07-12-12 at 05:27 PM.
Old 07-12-12, 04:25 PM   #114
Egan
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMattJ. View Post
I have 100 dollars. Im so torn between:

bethesda collection
Sega collection
THQ collection
And/or Batman arkham city
La Noire

Skyrim is something ive wanted for a while now. so is Shogun 2, company of heroes, Napoleon total war. IT SO DIFFICULT. i want it all
Get Skyrim Right this second....

And Batman:AC is a great game. I would recommend a controller for it, though. Having said that, I got as far as one of the boss fights about halfway through and had to stop. Madness is doing the same thing over and over and over and over again without any change....
Old 07-12-12, 07:22 PM   #115
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
how good are the DLCs for shogun 2? are they good enough to replace another game, such as LA Noire?
The Rise of the Samurai campaign might be, but in my opinion forget the little extra unit DLCs. From what I can see you can buy 2-3 games instead of the discounted extras.
Old 07-12-12, 07:29 PM   #116
CaptainMattJ.
The Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiss Pinguin View Post
The Rise of the Samurai campaign might be, but in my opinion forget the little extra unit DLCs. From what I can see you can buy 2-3 games instead of the discounted extras.
so Rise of the samurai is good? what about fall of the samurai?

i ask because i extended my budget to 115, and i forgot about skyrim because it didnt play in well enough to the budget currently (im sure itll be on sale come christmas), and without both dlcs im looking at an extra 10 bucks i can spend on another game.

- James Madison
Old 07-12-12, 08:19 PM   #117
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Both Rise and Fall of the Samurai are good. But Rise is much cheaper, and contains much less new content compared to Fall.
Old 07-12-12, 08:25 PM   #118
Weiss Pinguin
Ocean Warrior

Well I haven't played it personally, but it is a whole new campaign with new factions and units, all for $2.50, so I'd say that was a pretty good deal. As for Fall of the Samurai, again haven't played it, but it's basically it's own game, and it's half off.

This is all a whole lot of strategy-ing, however, so I guess it really depends on if you think you'll play it enough for it to be worth $18. On that note it looks like you can get Shogun 2 + Rise of the Samurai + Fall of the Samurai for only $20, which I'd say is an even better deal. If I wasn't already looking at other games (and also taking a summer class ) I'd bite that bullet pretty hard.
Old 07-12-12, 08:38 PM   #119
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

I have been wanting to pick up Crusader Kings II. Played it at a friend's and I really like those kind of strategy games. Under $20 for the whole set.. sold! (Actually it came out to $12.49 USD. Nice)
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-12, 09:17 PM   #120
Krauter
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 102
Uploads: 1

Quote:
IMO the DLCs aren't mind blowing. They add new factions (one is more "stealthy", the other everyone hates you..). Blood pack adds gore, Rise of the Samurai i bought, but in all honesty don't find it all that much different then vanilla. It is mainly if you want to fight strictly sword/cavalry/bow type warfare. No gunpowder weapons at all.

Fall on the other hand, is where I would shell out the $$ if you really want to get a DLC because it adds a ton of new features and greatly improves gameplay. (mind you this is from reviews, I don't own Fall. I bought Rise and was slightly disappointed.)