SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Special Projects > Subsim Events & Activities > 2009 SUBSIM Meet
Forget password? Reset here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-09, 01:42 PM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Three cheers for the Mighty Danes

I want to tip my hat in thanks to McBeck for hosting this meet. He went to a lot of trouble to arrange the sub and ship tours, getting the guides, making sure we didn't get lost or miss anything, working with Peter to get us two full days aboard Nautilus, setting up our big group dinner, his help with the Mysterious Metro Ten trip ticket thing...it helps to be a rocket scientist to grasp the Copenhagen public transport system. Jon, you are my hero as well as my friend.

To Lars (Carotio) for his profoundly awesome work arranging the Subsim Bus and ferry schedule, for driving us across the whole of Denmark and Germany to Laboe and back, his daily guide work to and from various metro and trains (still have not managed to find the Udgang station...). You are top rate, my friend.

To Klause and Oliver, for your help with transportation and the boat. You guys really made the trip fun, and I appreciate your participation and thoughfulness.

Finally, to Peter Madsen. I thought before the trip that the Big Deal would be diving aboard the Nautilus, but I was mistaken. The big deal was meeting you, Peter. You are that rare combination of visionary, leader, and inspirationation figure. I salute you for your work and accomplishments and I will treasure the cross harbor voyage in your worthy boat for the rest of my life.

Ok, guys, let's hear it for the Danes!