SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific
Forget password? Reset here

Old 04-09-13, 08:23 AM   #1
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 364
Uploads: 0

Default Article 89 hearing of LTJG Eugene Williams

LTJG Eugene Williams USN.

You have been accused of the following charges.

Plantiff: Dr. Steve O.L.D. USN

Article 89—Disrespect toward a superior commissioned officer

Any person subject to this chapter who behaves with disrespect toward his superior commissioned officer shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

Elements.
(1) That the accused did or omitted certain acts or used certain language to or concerning a certain commissioned officer;

(2) That such behavior or language was directed toward that officer;

(3) That the officer toward whom the acts, omissions, or words were directed was the superior commissioned officer of the accused;

(4) That the accused then knew that the commissioned officer toward whom the acts, omissions, or words were directed was the accused’s superior commissioned officer.

(5) That, under the circumstances, the behavior or language was disrespectful to that commissioned officer.

It has come to this courts attention that LTJG Eugene Williams USN has, is or may be under psychiatric care, so

Pursuant to 18 USC § 4241 - Determination of mental competency to stand trial to undergo postrelease proceedings

If, the court finds by a preponderance of the evidence that the defendant is presently suffering from a mental disease or defect rendering him mentally incompetent to the extent that he is unable to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him or to assist properly in his defense, the court shall commit the defendant to the custody of the Subsim Psychiatric Hospital.

When the director of the facility in which a defendant is hospitalized pursuant to subsection (d) determines that the defendant has recovered to such an extent that he is able to understand the nature and consequences of the proceedings against him and to assist properly in his defense, he shall promptly file a certificate to that effect with the clerk of this court

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.
Armistead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 08:52 AM   #2
Armistead
Rear Admiral

To Capt. Goose.

It has come to my attention that LTJG Eugene Williams was previously ordered by this court to be admitted to Subsim Psychiatric Hospital
to determine "combat fitness". That this court to this date has not received an approval of fitness form as demanded. Please determine
if LTJG Eugene Edwards is still in the custody of Subsim Psychiatric Hospital

Regarding further charges against LTJG Williams by Dr. Steve O.L.D, I hear by order LTJG Eugene Williams to be evaluated by Dr. Steve O.L.D. to determine if he is capable to stand trial regarding charges made by Dr. Steve O.L.D. If LTJG Eugene Williams has been found capable of combat
by Dr. Steve O.L.D, and also found competent to stand trial of the second offense by Dr. Steve O.L.D, I order him taken in custody and delivered
to this court for trial. I then also order counsel on his behalf and appoint Dr. Steve O.L.D to represent him.

I also need you to research the law, if If LTJG Eugene Williams is found mentally incompetent in the first offense, but mentally competent in the second offense, is he mentally competent to face the second offense while being mentally incompetent in the first offense at the same time?

Admiral Armistead

You see my dog don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughing at him. Now if you apologize like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Last edited by Armistead; 04-09-13 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-09-13, 10:52 AM   #3
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armistead View Post
Please determine if LTJG Eugene Edwards is still in the custody of Subsim Psychiatric Hospital.
Admiral Armistead,
We have just received confirmation below that LTJG Williams is still in SPH, although there appears to be a question of the name of the facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Goose View Post
Admiral Armistead is also requesting verification that LCJG Williams is still in custody of Subsim Psychiatric Hospital.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I had some guy raving that I should decide whether he should be returned to his boat. Was that him? I thought his name was Gilligan.
By the way Admiral, do you have any relatives that work on base?
Capt. Goose, USN
Father Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 11:54 AM   #4
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Capt. Goose.

Please determine the following"

Where is LTJG Williams being held?

Regarding this charge, charges were filed by Dr. Steve O.L.D {or his office} against LTJG Williams / Article 89—Disrespect toward a superior commissioned officer based on the following statements made to Dr. Steve by LTJG Williams.

"Does LTCMDR Williams get to return to the USS Grenadier or not?!
Uh...

Damn....forgot you were the Office Assistant too...
*strips to underwear*

That's as far as I'll go. If you want more, you'll have to pay.

It's your job because the court appointed you to perform this task.
The Admiral needs an answer. "

The question before this court is did LTJG Williams use the emoticon " ". which along with his statements does indeed warrant the charge of "Disrespect toward a superior"

As to the charge of mental competency, the court previously only charged him of incompetency of combat fitness. If he is found mentally incompetent of the first charge, was he mentally competent generally before the first or second charge? If he was generally competent after the first charge, then this court can prosecute him for the second charge. However, if he again became mentally incompetent after the second charge, even being competent before the charge, is he competent now? If not, he will need further evaluation by Dr. Steve OLD.

Please find out if Dr. Steve did indeed file said charges or if it was done by a member of his office.

Please bring in LT. Les Green for questioning to this court.

It is no concern to me or this court if I have relatives on this base at this time....

Admiral Armistead.

Last edited by Armistead; 04-09-13 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04-09-13, 12:39 PM   #5
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Please bring in LT. Les Green for questioning to this court.
Yes sir. Is there a particular thread you would like for him to report to sir?
Old 04-09-13, 12:49 PM   #6
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Goose View Post
Yes sir. Is there a particular thread you would like for him to report to sir?
No, have him report here for a few questions, based on his answers, we may need another hearing.

At the moment I need the question of Dr. Steve answered.

Did he file charges against LTJG Williams?

If so, he was assigned to defend LTJG Williams, does he plan to prosecute as well? If so, will he be spell checking as well?

If Dr. Steve doesn't care and just stirring things up and has no further desire to be involved, then I will drop all charges against LTJG Williams, except the first charge and any new charges that may arise.

Old 04-09-13, 01:55 PM   #7
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Quote:
At the moment I need the question of Dr. Steve answered.

Did he file charges against LTJG Williams?

If so, he was assigned to defend LTJG Williams, does he plan to prosecute as well? If so, will he be spell checking as well?

If Dr. Steve doesn't care and just stirring things up and has no further desire to be involved, then I will drop all charges against LTJG Williams, except the first charge and any new charges that may arise.
Admiral Armistead,

I delivered this inquiry to Dr. Steve's office and am awaiting a reply. I am led to believe that Dr. Steve may be out scuba diving.

If Dr. Steve does not provide the court with a timely and definitive answer, the court may have to request Dr. Steve appear before it to answer the questions directly.

LCDR Ray Green currently assigned to the USS Narwhal (SS-167) has been sent a PM to appear before this court. We are awaiting his arrival sir.

Capt. Goose, USN

Last edited by Father Goose; 04-09-13 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-09-13, 02:33 PM   #8
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Capt. Goose.

Are you able to get the answers I need?

By law, I must give this idiot a fair trial without bias in a timely fashion.

Old 04-09-13, 02:43 PM   #9
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Quote:
Capt. Goose.

Are you able to get the answers I need?

By law, I must give this idiot a fair trial without bias in a timely fashion.
No answers sir. Dr. Steve is still out of the office and offline.

A bit of concern sir, I have noted quite a few Ubirats congregating at Subsim Psychiatric Hospital and making less than complimentary comments about your character.
I'm not sure but they may have been there for treatment themselves.
Old 04-09-13, 03:14 PM   #10
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Capt. Goose

This hearing cannot proceed without the information I ordered you to get me. If Dr. Steve isn't responding, maybe you should try a different approach. If he is indeed offline, we'll give him more time.

Ignore the Ubirats, I will not deal with them in my capacity of Admiral. Please advise them I will not be made a fool of in my own court.

I will not have this court made a mockery of...This court and it's procedures will be respected.

Where is that Green fellow? I thought I told you to bring him in for questioning....

Anyway, court is in recess regarding Your Honor, until I return, hopefully you will have my answers by then.

Old 04-09-13, 03:24 PM   #11
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Yes sir, good idea sir. I will take my dinghy out and look for Dr. Steve just off the coast. He can't be too far off...well, maybe he is. Anyway, if I don't return just look at the usual suspects.

Regarding LCDR Green, he has been sent a PM and is expected to arrive anytime sir.
Old 04-09-13, 04:52 PM   #12
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

kicks open the door walks in with four 1851 navy six shooters as im walking to the desk I speak up in a loud voice as a member of the subsim navy I had a right to speak up at this micky mouse court on the hearing of red as far as buying red a drink of aw root beer I would buy anyone in the subsim navy a drink if they needed one.turns around as I start to walk out I let the biggest fart I can and heads for my sub.
Old 04-09-13, 05:33 PM   #13
Armistead
Rear Admiral

Cmdr Green,

You have been ordered to this court for questioning.

Are you friends with LTJG Williams?

Have you been honest in your postings here, including methods, ships attacked, tonnage scored?

Do you have a drinking problem?

Let it be known you are currently under investigation by this court, led by Capt. Goose.

You're free to go after you answer the questions. If you refuse to answer and continue to act the idiot in my court, I'll have you arrested and placed in the Subsim brig.

Old 04-09-13, 05:45 PM   #14
les green01
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 1375

yes im friends with a lot of people until they prove divernt
yes
no
and I have never attack a ship station in harbor
and I use a program call kims report
and this is still a micky mouse court and if I need a lawyer I want neal or tak or sharky
and if I see sps im going pop a few off anyways we are in a shooting war and nees captains that fight not take time out for micky mouse crap

Last edited by les green01; 04-09-13 at 06:00 PM.
les green01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-13, 06:08 PM   #15
Father Goose
Sonar Guy

Sir, you'll be pleased to know that Dr. Steve has returned to SPH and is actually answering some of your questions.

Last edited by Father Goose; 04-09-13 at 08:12 PM.