Forget password? Reset here

Old 03-14-13, 02:06 PM   #1516
Trevally.
Navy Seal

Downloads: 166
Uploads: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool33 View Post
I am haveing problems with some torpedos where i am attacking a convoy currently and am hitting a warship that is protecting it. But every time i fire torpedos they hit at an almost 90* angle but they hit then they sit there and then appear to go under it and i dont know how to change this i have the depth for the torpedos at 1.3 meters so i dont understand what is happening.
Welcome to subsim MrCool

DDs can be very shallow drafted. This can ge worse if the waves are large. Try 1.1
Old 03-16-13, 02:51 PM   #1517
Sich Rifleman
Swabbie

Downloads: 13
Uploads: 0

When I play historical missions, I run into problems if I use more than 2 saves. One works fine, and when I access it, the mission name is displayed properly. But the second one has 'GENERIC Mission' in the save file display. And in it, TDC is not working properly. I can't lock onto targets, and the 'Follow Ship' setting is grayed out(I'm using TDW's UI), making it impossible for me to use my normal targeting procedure.

Also, the 'In Spite Of Everything' mission has an issue with the battleship itself. I manage 3 direct hits to Warspite...but I still get the 'Failed' screen.
Old 03-18-13, 08:45 AM   #1518
fterenzio
Nub

Downloads: 0

Hi all,
a am new here, I tried to ready some threads before replying, but too many post, so excuse me if my question was already answered before.

I have 2 bugs (or I have missed something...) for SH5:

1) It happen today (1st time) that after surfacing, the diesel engine start working fine, but there is none on the bridge with me, and the CO2 level continue growing. I tried to go deeply again and return to surface again, but still same problem. I do not understand, if the diesel engine starts, mean that the game "understands" that I am in surface, so why CO2 and Crew is not going well?

2) voices of my crew sometimes "disappear"

Thanks in advance for any answer.

Cheers,
FT
fterenzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 09:34 AM   #1519
BigWalleye
Sea Lord

Downloads: 465

The CO2 problem is a pretty common occurrence. Many say it is due to using ALT-TAB to leave a game in progress and then return, although sometimes it can occur without doing this. THERE IS AN EASY FIX!

Exit the mission/patrol/career with the options key. Save the game in progress. Clost the game and return to tyour desktop. Restart the game. Load your save. The CO2 problem will be gone.

Gluck auf!
BigWalleye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 11:58 AM   #1520
fterenzio
Nub

Downloads: 0

many thanks, I try it now.
fterenzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-13, 02:47 PM   #1521
volodya61
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by fterenzio View Post
1) It happen today (1st time) that after surfacing, the diesel engine start working fine, but there is none on the bridge with me, and the CO2 level continue growing. I tried to go deeply again and return to surface again, but still same problem. I do not understand, if the diesel engine starts, mean that the game "understands" that I am in surface, so why CO2 and Crew is not going well?
Hi Fterenzio!
Welcome aboard

Try to use TDW Generic Patcher, it fixes more stock bugs - http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=181433

El sueño de la razón produce monstruos © - and for some people awakening will be cruel
volodya61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 11:38 AM   #1522
thesilentsub
Watch

Downloads: 2

Is there anything I can do to improve FPS because when I encounter convoys it gets very laggy and extremely hard to move the mouseas it jumps around the screen.
Are there any mods that could fix this or improve my game in general?
Any help is much appreciated.
thesilentsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 12:47 PM   #1523
Obi-Don
Watch

Downloads: 22
Finally got my game patched to 1.2 and running, loaded up sobers mod list but every time I try to start a new campaign using open horizons it crashes. I have skipped the tutorial as suggested, but I have been having trouble deleting my old save games and I wonder if that might be the problem. I did a new install of the game, deleted the save games from my documents, updated the game to 1.2, turned uplay to offline mode, but every time I start the game it syncs to the server and all the old save games come back. Anyone have any ideas?
Obi-Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 05:25 PM   #1524
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentsub View Post
Is there anything I can do to improve FPS because when I encounter convoys it gets very laggy and extremely hard to move the mouseas it jumps around the screen.
Are there any mods that could fix this or improve my game in general?
Any help is much appreciated.
Please give us your mod list and specs.

In the meantime - try the
d3d Antilag
Make sure you apply it properly - it is NOT an ordinary mod to be actiavated in JSGME - read the 'readme.txt' file
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-13, 06:32 PM   #1525
Silent Steel
Sea Lord

Downloads: 618
Default @ Obi-Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Don View Post
Finally got my game patched to 1.2 and running, loaded up sobers mod list but every time I try to start a new campaign using open horizons it crashes. I have skipped the tutorial as suggested, but I have been having trouble deleting my old save games and I wonder if that might be the problem. I did a new install of the game, deleted the save games from my documents, updated the game to 1.2, turned uplay to offline mode, but every time I start the game it syncs to the server and all the old save games come back. Anyone have any ideas?
You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime

Last edited by Silent Steel; 03-19-13 at 06:54 PM.
Silent Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 10:42 AM   #1526
Obi-Don
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Steel View Post
You shouldn't have any issues like this with Sober's mod list.
But, please tell how did you 'skip tutorials'?
If you go to; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\CarreerHistory' you should just change - 'HasCompletedTutorial=false' > 'HasCompletedTutorial=true'. Yoy can open it with Note Pad, make sure you save it in the same place in .txt format.
T
hat's it!
No more need for tutorials, ever.

Whenever you reinstall SH5 make sure you;
1. Backup your; 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5' folder (this is where your game progress, profiles and campaigns are stored)
2. Backup the; 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder
3. Uninstall SH5
4. Delete the 'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder (if it's still there)
5. Scan for leftovers (I use the CCleaner)
6. Re-install SH5
7. Launch SH5 to check it's running OK
8. Paste the backup 'C:\Users\Documents\SH5 folder' into; 'C:\Users\Documents' and let it overwrite
9. Paste a copy of the; 'jsgme setup' into the 'C:\ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5' folder
10. Run the
'jsgme setup' once to make it create the 'MODS' folder
11. Paste the backup
'C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\MODS' folder into; 'C:\Users\Documents\Silent Hunter 5'

Activate whatever mods you like and launch SH5.

For whatever questions you might have - you're welcome, anytime

Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone
Old 03-20-13, 10:58 AM   #1527
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Don View Post
Thanks for the reply Silent Steel but still no luck. I had already edited the cfg file to read true. I backed up the SH5 Documents folder and the Mods folder,uninstalled the game ran cccleaner, reinstalled, patched, started the game and it started up fine but it still syncs to the server and recovers my save games that I had deleted from my machine. So I delete the saves again, then pasted in the SH5 file into documents and overwrote the one that was there, ran jsgme and pasted in the old mods folder, activated the sober mep, Started up the Game again. The game loads and I get the openhorizons splash screen, but still, every time I start the game the first thing it does is sync my save games to the server. I have the uplay set to start in offline mode, is there some other switch that I'm missing? I delete the save games from the saves folder but then it syncs and they come back. When I start the saves are all there. So onward, I start a new campaign, I type in silentotto, select the first campaign, i'm given the option to skip the tutorial which I do, the loading screen with sobers green spinning thing comes up, it loads for about 60 secs and dumps me out to the thanks for playing screen in uplay. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, anyone have an answer? Also I did start up one of my old saves that was restored and I could see that some of the mods were working. But I really want to start a whole new campaign using openhorizons. Thanks everyone
1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 11:50 AM   #1528
thesilentsub
Watch

Downloads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Make sure you apply it properly - it is NOT an ordinary mod to be actiavated in JSGME - read the 'readme.txt' file[/COLOR
[/SIZE][/FONT]
When I follow the link to d3d antilag there are no files or anything there. EDIT: I have got the mod from the workshop, but where is the executable directory that the read me says I need to copy the files into?
Also what are you supposed to use to open and edit the CFG file because I'm using notepad++ and I cannot not edit it?

I have no mods currently installed and my specs are as follows:
6gb Ram
intel core i5 3210m, 2.5ghz
750gb hdd
Nvidia GEFORCE 610m GPU- 2gb grapics memory

Last edited by thesilentsub; 03-20-13 at 12:32 PM.
thesilentsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 02:18 PM   #1529
Targor Avelany
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 225

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentsub View Post
When I follow the link to d3d antilag there are no files or anything there. EDIT: I have got the mod from the workshop, but where is the executable directory that the read me says I need to copy the files into?
Also what are you supposed to use to open and edit the CFG file because I'm using notepad++ and I cannot not edit it?

I have no mods currently installed and my specs are as follows:
6gb Ram
intel core i5 3210m, 2.5ghz
750gb hdd
Nvidia GEFORCE 610m GPU- 2gb grapics memory
Generally it is a directory where your sh5.exe is.
Most of the time it is located at: C:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 5\

Notepad++ should have no problem editing that cfg file. I use Notepad++ for many many many editings of the game files and had no problems so far. Make sure you extract the files out of the archive first, as you cannot edit any files while they are still archived.
Targor Avelany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-13, 07:24 PM   #1530
Obi-Don
Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targor Avelany View Post
1) Clean out your Documents folder
2) Uninstall the game
3) go to (if I remember correctly) C:\Program Files (x86)\UPlay and delete it. I don't exactly remember the location as I'm at work and can't check it (it is somewhere in Program Files - the launcher itself has a folder. It must go. It will elliminate ALL of your saved games forever.. Well, untill you save new ones).
4) repeat what Silent recommended

In the future, you can use TDW's .exe patcher that now fixes this annoying pain!
Thanks Targor but still no joy. I did what you suggested. I didn't mention earlier that I originally purchased the game through Game Stop. After I deleted the uplay I had to download it from Game Stop again, and their version seems to have some issue. It wouldn't start at all, it would kick me back to the uplay launcher and give an error message, and something about a debug, I posted about that error a few days ago on this thread but got no replies. So i deleted everything AGAIN except the uplay launcher, then downloaded it from uplay, started the game, and it works, AND this time it doesn't sync my old saves, it appears I have a clean new install. So I update to 1.2, start a game again,it works. Load jsgme and sobers mod list start again, forget to edit the config file and it won't let me skip the tutorial, exit, edit the config file, restart, skip the tutorial, start a new campaign, and same thing, loads for 60 sec. or so and boots back to the uplay screen and says thanks for playing Really don't know what to do at this point, spent most of the last two days trying to get this to work, REALLY want to play with openhorizions but .... Anyway thanks to all of you here at Subsim, you guys are great and clearly trying to help, any other suggestions?