SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Silent Hunter 3 - 4 - 5 > SHIII Mods Workshop
Forget password? Reset here

Old 11-27-14, 11:53 AM   #1
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Default Radar Rotation Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
There was insufficient demand to provide the new code for the altered radar positions on the turms. With the new code, ALL the affected turms, released for SH3 by modders as well as the original SH3 turns, would have to be altered by their users.
It seems that most users would rather have fancy new turms, than the older ones working properly.
The code works properly; it is installed on my own version of SH3.exe and my set-up has the positions of the radars on the turms altered for the purpose.
Stiebler.
hello Stiebler,

does your code can heal problems like this (or ,if you know, are there any workaround for solving this?):

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 06:22 AM   #2
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Makman94:

The picture shows an old and known problem, and there is no easy solution.
The radar likes to park at any angle of 90 degrees to the correct angle.

If it troubles you, raise the radar when you start on patrol, allow it to half-rotate, then lower it again.

Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-14, 06:58 AM   #3
SquareSteelBar
Sea Lord

Downloads: 615
Uploads: 0
IIRC Anvart did the solution in his FM30_UpDown_final mod.
SquareSteelBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-14, 04:36 AM   #4
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiebler View Post
@Makman94:

The picture shows an old and known problem, and there is no easy solution.
The radar likes to park at any angle of 90 degrees to the correct angle.

If it troubles you, raise the radar when you start on patrol, allow it to half-rotate, then lower it again.

Stiebler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar View Post
IIRC Anvart did the solution in his FM30_UpDown_final mod.
thank you for your replies

Old 12-03-14, 12:15 PM   #5
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Downloads: 80

Quote:
Originally Posted by makman94 View Post
hello Stiebler,

does your code can heal problems like this (or ,if you know, are there any workaround for solving this?):
Hello Makman
In the file Sensors.dat I prescribed for each radar fumo controller StateMachineCtl, an example can be seen in the screenshot.

Ahnenerbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 01:12 AM   #6
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvart View Post
Yes, my friend.
... but with some tricks... already don't remember how...
You must remember... when player goes to radio room (e.g. button R), radar reinitialize is happen... and radar antenna holds initial position avoiding an animation.
"Toggle_radar_view" is not crew-command... it's user-command... therefore needs trick - raise/lower action for antenna useing StateMachineCtl system.

Excellent Copy/Paste, bro.
... but Makm has enough skill for original/own actions.
Моё почтение, маестро Alex!
На сколько я припоминаю, ещё весной на сухом после основной компиляции по лодкам я выкладывал фикс для радаров. Не буду таить, возможно я и заглядывал в ваш dat, но к тому времени я уже и сам понимал суть работы многих фишек (естественно, изрядно набравшись опыта на ваших работах), поэтому это исправление было уже делом техники, просто по началу на то время данный вопрос у меня каким-то образом выпал из поля видимости.......
++Ahnenerbe++

Old 12-04-14, 01:20 PM   #7
makman94
Hellas

hello guys (Anvart and Ahnenerbe),

i can see clearly ,by looking at files, that this idea-solution belongs to Anvart,there is no doubt about it.

@Anvart: i had in the past a little conversation with Ahnenerbe (for something else) and i can say that he doesn't know mod's history very well.he is very laconic at his credits (which can cause some kind of misunderstandings like this one here) and his writting is very difficult for me to understand but i can say that Ahnenerbe had proved that he is a man with honor and had shown respect to previous moders so all this seems to me more like a misunderstanding rather than a sinister behaviour.
i am sure that you two will solve the theme with no more that one or even two pms

@Anvart: i am not using ,currently,any solution for the spoken issue. when i get some free time i will import your method in my files as it looks that it is exactly what i am looking for

Old 12-05-14, 04:16 AM   #8
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

I've been having difficulty with my internet connection.

For a short while, I can make a contribution to the radar rotation problem first mentioned by Makman94.

First, Anvart is correct. H.sie's radar fix in hard-code prevents the immediate rotation of the radar on loading the game, and therefore the player can now see that the original alignment of the radar was wrong. I do not know how to correct it.

Second, thanks to SquareSteelBar (nice to see you're still around, helping out as usual!) for jogging my memory of Anvart's special NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot mod (for NYGM 2.4, if I recall correctly). This works very well with the current version (3.6) of NYGM, and I should have installed it long ago.

Even more interesting (for me) was that I have a hard-code fix that enables the radars FuMO29 and FuMO30 to be placed correctly on conning towers for types VIIB, VIIC, IXB, IXC, IXD2 (all conning tower variants). I made a post about this more than a year ago, but it requires use of modified turms, and very few other users wanted to give up their speciality turms made by other modders. Therefore I have never released the hard-code fix.

However, my modified turms were fixed for Anvart's old radar rotation model, whose name I can not now recall, and the DF aerials did not rotate for some of the new turms.

I have now made the same fixes for Anvart's "NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot" mod package, and now everything works just fine! You did a good job, Anvart! I must remember to add this (your) mod to the next upgrade of standard NYGM.

But the changes to the turms are still of no general use without the hard-code fix, of course.

Stiebler.
Old 12-06-14, 12:21 PM   #9
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hi, Makman.
I think you're wrong when you try to teach me understand of my countrymen... especially when they write on russian. Have you understood post on russian?
The council, in post #1032, is absolutely meaningless and demonstrates incompetence of advisor in this matter. He applied (copy/paste) the mod but does not understand his work...
He says that he made the correction of something? What is that?
In my post I softly said:
"Excellent Copy/Paste, bro.
... but Makm has enough skill for original/own actions. "
That means do not give advice if you understand nothing...
but after his post on russian, "I called things spade".
... and enough... I'm tired of the ignorance and incompetence.

Regards.
hi Anvart,

it is being said a million times to people stop posting with other language than english here just for everyone to be able to understand a post.
no, i didn't understand the post of Ahnenerbe but,hey,misunderstandings can happen even between people that speak the same language,i see it happening every day.
i told you that ,from my experience, Ahnenerbe is a man with honor and showed respect to previous moder's work (in a different case than this one here).i am sure that when Ahnenerbe pm you everything will be sorted out.

probably, with ''corrections'' he means that he added the 'Caustics' and 'WaterReflection' effects on sensors's nodes but i am just guessing here ,he will tell you.

i ,clearly , stated that this work belongs to you and i have mentioned a lot of times the necessity of proper and full credits (as i know that it is very annoying not to be credited for your own work) but i can't see any point continuing this case here in Stiebler's thread so i will ask everybody to take it on pms and i am sure that ,soon,it will be cleared.

Old 12-06-14, 02:16 PM   #10
Ahnenerbe
Soundman

Привет всем.
Anvart, вовсе не требуется выдавать вашу собственную очевидность за объективную реальность. Да, я у вас по некоторым вопросам на sukhoi.ru ранеее консультировался, где вы давали по-своему расплывчатые советы и ответы (ваш образ общения весьма сложен и не всем легко с вами общаться), и от вас я не получил запрета на использование ваших работ и наработок. И где это я употребил фразу, что я нечто присвоил себе или назвал своим именем? На сколько это может увидеть даже не зрячий, ни где...... Я писал и писать буду, что я использовал наработки и идеи прочих модеров с указыванием их имён, на авторство не претендую никоим образом, и что приношу особую благодарность за их творения. Вам же этого не достаточно, вам требуется попытаться принизить кого-либо, доставив себе не мало удовольствий от данного общения. Вы не бог, и даже не божок, да и я не пацанчик с рогаткой, за спиной 45 лет, и характер ещё тот. Так что не будем зарываться, дядя Саша........ Вы у меня за спиной не стояли, когда я что-либо делал, и в моей голове не копались, что бы утверждать, что я знаю, а что нет, тем более, что прошло достаточно времени для понимания разного рода тонкостей игры. По поводу данного мода с радарами......... Я поначалу упустил в компиляции тот факт, что радары должным образом не становятся на место, но на много раньше, до всего этого, изрядно по изучив многие аспекты работы (на ваших модах в частности), я в итоге уже понимал, что и где нужно делать, и я не ошибся. Любопытства ради я конечно же сверился с вашим модом, где я и понял правоту своих мыслей. Я не утверждаю, что я сам это придумал, а говорю, что на ваших модах я научился. А судя по вашим заверениям, что каждый учитель (не зависимо что и где он преподаёт) имеет право считать ученика ниже его самого, хотя тот же ученик всё быстро схватывает и обладает уже не начальным мышлением. Так что давайте не будем больше разводить не нужный флуд, я и так достаточно сдерживал себя от некоторых грубостей, но в следующий раз я этого делать не стану, и мне плевать, где мне это делать, на subsim или где ещё, меня баны не пугают, но честь превыше всего.
++Ahnenerbe++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Hi, everybody.
Anvart, isn't required to give out your own evidence for objective reality at all. Yes, I at you on some questions on sukhoi.ru raney consulted where you gave in own way indistinct advice and answers (your image of communication is very difficult and it is easy not for all to communicate with you), and from you I didn't get a ban on use your job and practices. And where it I used the phrase, what I appropriated something or called by the name? On how many it can see even not able to see, where...... I wrote and I will write that I used practices and ideas of other moder with an ukazyvaniye of their names, I don't apply for authorship by no means, and that I express special gratitude for their creations. You have enough of it, you need to try to belittle someone, having given yourself many pleasures from this communication. You not god, and even not the god and I am not a lad with a slingshot, behind the back of 45 years, and character still that. So we won't bury, the uncle Sasha. ....... You at me didn't stand behind the back when I did something, and in my head didn't dig, what to claim that I know, and that isn't present especially as passed enough time for any understanding of subtleties of game. Concerning given fashion with a radar......... I first missed in compilation that fact that a radar properly doesn't become into place, but much earlier, to all this, fairly on having studied many aspects of work (on your fashions in particular), I as a result already understood as where it is necessary to do, and I wasn't mistaken. Curiosity for the sake of I of course it was verified with your spendthrift where I also understood correctness of the thoughts. I don't claim that I thought up it, and I say that on your mods I learned. And judging by your assurances that each teacher (it isn't dependent as where he teaches) has the right to consider the pupil lower him though the same pupil everything quickly grabs and has not initial thinking. So let's not part more not necessary flood, I and constrained myself from some roughnesses so enough, but next time I won't begin to do it, and to me to spit, where to do it to me, on subsim or where still, bans don't frighten me, but honor above all.
++ Ahnenerbe ++

Old 12-06-14, 03:40 PM   #11
Tycho
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 264
Uploads: 1

I play with H.sie radar fix and Anvart's FMO_30_UpDown with StateMachineCtl, manualy added in my nygm files.

When the game start, the radar is off, but visually the radar is in upper position without rotation.
If you click turn off, the radar go down in its proper position.

To fix this I open FMO_30.dat and change GotoEntry=2 to GotoEntry=4 for state entry: Start.
Now the game start with radar off, and visually it's in properly down position.
Old 12-07-14, 08:14 AM   #12
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Well I'll tell you what I see....

Text in a language very few people here can understand.

Smilies that can be interpreted in a number of ways, especially as seeing there is no understanding of their context or meaning.

Thread derailment.

So, anyone having issues with fellow community members on any matters should now take the exchanges to pm.

If you would all be so kind.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 01:26 PM   #13
makman94
Hellas

Quote:
Hi, MakM.
I do not understand what role you took yourself.
Read the obvious things, believe me, is boring. And I don't need your confirmation of my authorship of...

Thanks.
i am not replying to you as the member 'makman94' but as a moderator which ,also, is obvious. i am trying to ''Read the obvious things'',as you say, but you guys keep posting on russians (or bad english) and this makes things slower.
if you are not seeking for ''confirmation of your authorship'' then why are you making your complaints?
for the rest ,in this case, i will contact you through pms

Old 12-07-14, 09:14 PM   #14
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
Write your replicas about language to those who wrote on it, personally.
As well as you don't understand russian, you better not go into details of our communication... Once again I repeat, there is not question of authorship in the literally/truest sense of the word... OK, enough... are useless discuss the intricacies of russian language and thinking with the foreigners.
Quote:
i am not replying to you as the member 'makman94' but as a moderator ...
But i, if you see, do not talking with you as with moderator... discussions with the moderators are not interesting for me.
Quote:
... but you guys keep posting on ... (or bad english)...
I have to understand that a connoisseur of English is that you? or this forum is only for anglo-saxons?
... or maybe you are racist?

P.S. I deleted my other posts from this thread because I did not wrote them here.

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 12-07-14 at 10:05 PM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-14, 04:10 AM   #15
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

@Tycho:
Quote:
I play with H.sie radar fix and Anvart's FMO_30_UpDown with StateMachineCtl, manualy added in my nygm files.

When the game start, the radar is off, but visually the radar is in upper position without rotation.
If you click turn off, the radar go down in its proper position.

To fix this I open FMO_30.dat and change GotoEntry=2 to GotoEntry=4 for state entry: Start.
Now the game start with radar off, and visually it's in properly down position.
That's a great idea, Tycho, but unfortunately Anvart's FMO_30_UpDown mod affects only the radar. (Raises and lowers the radar).

Anvart's special NYGM_DFa_UpDownRot mod raises and lowers both radar and the DF aerial at the front of the conning-tower.

I tried the change you mentioned to library\anva_smc.dat (dated 2008) in the DFa mod, for which it was necessary to change GotoEntry=2 to GotoEntry=5 (sic) for state entry: Start.

Unfortunately, when you start a patrol, the radar is visually still in the down position at 90 degrees to the correct angle.

Stiebler.