Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 03-29-11, 06:19 AM   #346
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169
Uploads: 0

Filter becomes optional, Ubisoft and 1C now goes this route.

Luthier wrote at 1C Forums:
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Once again I want to point out that a lot of your earlier anger was misplaced. Actually, our colleagues at Ubisoft are extremely interested in making this game a success, they care about our opinion and yours, and everyone we work with there is understanding and cordial and more than willing to listen and change their mind.

Having said that, I'm glad to announce that the debacle has been resolved.

We will be making the filter optional, however turned on by default. And we will be adding a large epilepsy warning to our splash screen. I am almost certain that this update will hit the steam servers on March 30th and thus seamlessly make it onto everyone's machines when the game is installed on the 31st.

The March 30th update will also address some of the issues reported with the Russian version, but we'll provide more details with the patch notes once we know for sure what it'll contain. Obviously, we need to test the heck out of all the changes to make sure we don't introduce any new bugs while fixing the old ones (the team's favorite past time lately as it seems).

So there! Do a happy dance, I know I did.
full thread: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=19645
Seeadler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-11, 06:37 AM   #347
devastat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I have the filter already off (I bought the russian version). Doesn't make a difference, still unplayable. You can have max 6 planes in the sky to keep it playable.
Old 03-30-11, 02:31 PM   #348
[501]Otto
Commander

Downloads: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
I have the filter already off (I bought the russian version). Doesn't make a difference, still unplayable. You can have max 6 planes in the sky to keep it playable.
You can't be serious....not today.
I have just received mine this afternoon and I´m installing it right now
[501]Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 02:34 PM   #349
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by [501]Otto View Post
You can't be serious....not today.
I have just received mine this afternoon and I´m installing it right now
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 04:06 PM   #350
devastat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Okay a new patch is out for the game. It is now MUCH more playable. Still stuttes tho, its not perfect yet..
Old 03-30-11, 04:16 PM   #351
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Disclaimer:
I do not have the game, I hope to get it in the future, but this is gathered from what I have read and watched on the interwebs.

First off...I hope and pray that this forum never gets the wars between the pro and anti-Oleg factions that I've seen on many other forums.

That said, my hopes for CloD have risen slightly. It's a good looking sim, the cockpits are pure pron, absolutely beautiful. The damage modelling also looks good, and the flight models are pretty good too apparently.
In regards to that video with the Bf110, I can only presume that realism settings were turned down, however, again, this is something I cannot be sure of.
There are a lot of bugs, the primary show stopper was the initial non-support of quad-core CPUs, turning the whole thing into a CPU munching slideshow which was only playable with two aircraft over water at best. The latest patch seems to have improved things a bit, but it's still pretty stuttery which is not good for a horse which is fresh out of the stable. I think that this has somehow been rushed out, which considering it's had six years...I dunno, BUT providing that the company doesn't get tits up from the initial bad press (because it is going to get a lot of low marks because of the performance issues I suspect) I think that they will fix this to the point where it will be playable.
Now, my other bugbears, sound and environment. Well, it's still Olegs world, the graphics are beautiful but colours look a little off in places, particularly the grass. The Sound....yes...the sound...well, the lawnmowers are back but they appear to have been upgraded slightly, it's not quite as terrible as stock IL2 sounds but it's not that brilliant either...this is something I expect will be modded fairly rapidly.
Radio chatter sounds...well, I haven't heard much of it to be honest, I don't think anyone has dared to put too many friendly aircraft in the air But the one guy I have heard sounds like what we call a 'Terribly Terribly' aka a right stuck up posh git, so that's about right, I just hope that the voices of the wingmen are a bit less Etonian.
It's rough, it's a rough diamond but make no mistake it is a diamond and within six months I reckon it will be quite playable, and within a year it will be getting to 1946 level in terms of mods and campaigns.
It is a sad state of affairs that quite often the public have to fix various aspects of a game, but that's how it goes.

I will definitely be getting this...but probably not for another six months to a year I'd wager. The price will have come down, the patches will make it playable and mods and missions will be out to make the whole experience a bit more as it should have been from the off.

I look forward to reading more about this, from other forums and indeed from the chaps here when you get your copies. I presume Raptor and Dowly are still getting theirs on release?
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 04:17 PM   #352
[501]Otto
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastat View Post
Okay a new patch is out for the game. It is now MUCH more playable. Still stuttes tho, its not perfect yet..
Great news , but the disc I have received is corrupted It says "What class of CD do you want to record? Music CD or DVD or Blu-ray? Jesus, I thought that the game should be there.... Can I blame Ubi about that???
Will have to send it back to the online store and wait for a new (un-corrupted) one
Seems that Cliffs of Dover has been re-delayed again
Old 03-30-11, 05:19 PM   #353
devastat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

@Otto you can just return your dvd and ask for a refund, and buy the Steam version which is online NOW, currently downloading it..
Old 03-30-11, 05:40 PM   #354
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by [501]Otto View Post
Great news , but the disc I have received is corrupted It says "What class of CD do you want to record? Music CD or DVD or Blu-ray? Jesus, I thought that the game should be there.... Can I blame Ubi about that???
Will have to send it back to the online store and wait for a new (un-corrupted) one
Seems that Cliffs of Dover has been re-delayed again
@Otto, try going to your Steam -> Library and in the bottom there's the "+ ADD A GAME..." button, choose "Activate a product on Steam" and input your CD/activation key.

Not 100% sure if it works in COD's case, but it worked for my Shogun 2 copy which I bought from Direct2Drive and instead of downloading it from D2D, I activated it on Steam and downloaded it from there.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-11, 06:33 PM   #355
devastat
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Playing finally the english version. I do think that the game will be a masterpiece after some patches, and in the meanwhile its a hell of a good game even if you are just dogfighting above the canal, cheers to Oleg and his team
Old 03-30-11, 07:05 PM   #356
Raptor1
Navy Seal

Downloads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
I look forward to reading more about this, from other forums and indeed from the chaps here when you get your copies. I presume Raptor and Dowly are still getting theirs on release?
No, surprisingly enough I won't be getting it at release. I...kinda went away and blew the money I was going to spend on it by buying the new BattleTech box set...but I will be getting it as soon as I can otherwise.
Old 03-30-11, 07:35 PM   #357
Highbury
The Old Man

Downloads: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
@Otto, try going to your Steam -> Library and in the bottom there's the "+ ADD A GAME..." button, choose "Activate a product on Steam" and input your CD/activation key.

Not 100% sure if it works in COD's case, but it worked for my Shogun 2 copy which I bought from Direct2Drive and instead of downloading it from D2D, I activated it on Steam and downloaded it from there.
Dowly, you rule.

With the key I got from Just Flight I was able to activate, and am now downloading through Steam. It is MUCH faster this way as well.
Highbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-11, 08:00 AM   #358
[501]Otto
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post

Thanks mate, but I noticed this a little bit late. Finally I have used an external dvd and.... it works!!!! That brings me a new question...why Cliffs of dover does not work and other games (lets say Operation Arrowhead-Arma II) have no problems??? Did Ubi made something weird to the disc? And....why an old fashion external DVD unit makes it work but the Asus unit integrated in my pc does not recognize it?
At the end, it doesnt matter, the game is installing and by now, I feel happy....at least until I get 20 fps in a low level sea flight
Old 03-31-11, 05:25 PM   #359
Biggles
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 5

Le trailer:
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/de...urmovik/712357
Old 04-01-11, 07:27 AM   #360
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Myeah, the performance is very bad. Tho, I don't have an high-end PC, but I would imagine that running it on low with no planes but your's in the air would give a good performance.

Need to try very low settings at some point.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote