SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
|06-18-2008, 02:06 PM||#1|
Ace of the Deep
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: ~About 60' below
[WIP] Playable PT-109 Elco MTB
* DISCLAIMER: For all you fine print readers out there, we thank you for reading this, and admire you're dilligence. Photos are Artist conception's of PT 109 MTB project. Actual unit may not even float or might differ completely. Speeds enhanced to show awesomeness. Professional driver, on a closed harbor, do not attempt. Base Model not available in Grey. Neon Pink or Turquoise schemes only, OnStar and XM/Sirus radio package shown, -not included.
July 14th, 2008
June 18, 2008
Digital_Trucker and I are working on this unit, and thought it would be fun to try 44 knt attack runs using the TBT. Since this is our first swat at making a playable ship, and we know enough to be dangerous we would appreciate any advice and or assistance (rescue) on the subject.
So Far we have a cloned Porpoise-class called NSS_PT_109 working in the mission builder. Our plan of attack was to then clone/change the /sea/american/3D model of the US Elco 80, but we'll see how that goes.
We still need to figure out:
1. Adding the PT 3D model
2. Crew/camera locations ( or do we need to draw a Bridge/Deck in 3D? )
3. Firing torps and accutrate placement ( if the PT 3D model messes-up the existing Porpoise armaments.
4. Using 1 deck gun as a 40mm and adding 2 AA's as the twin 50's.
5. While we are at the seemingly impossible, let's invent a Segway scooter powered by Fusion too :rotfl:
Many thanks for your suggestions.
"All ships can dive, but only Submarine's surface!" > Kill Flags Mod - Elco PT109 - AOB Attack Course Tutorial
Last edited by sqk7744; 07-29-2008 at 08:25 AM.