Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Old 10-18-07, 04:31 AM   #1
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

FS9 related recommended addons:

To vastly increase the displaying of weather and water surfaces:
Flight Environment

To massively raise the precision of ground related textures like railroads and highways, layout of forests, cities, villages, and to make these kind of things more representative for what you would find when using a map:
Ultimate Terrain (Canada/Alaska, USA, Europe). It also adds dramatic improvements to night lights of cities.

To replace the default textures:
Ground Enviornment (there are alternatives, but I like this one best). There are also freeware sceneries for example for Australia. Search-Button! I had a thread on it).

Gloval Mesh replacement:
Pilot's FS Global 200x

A flight planning software. I personally use FlightSim commander, but there are several others as well. A question of taste, handling and features.

Huge airliner modules:
Level-D: Boeing 767
PMDG: Boeing 747
http://www.aerosoft2.de/videos/PMDG747-w.wmv
These two rule the pack and are way above the competition. They are very complex, they also are technically extremely stable and bug-free.

Medium-sized airliners/commuters:
Flight 1 ATR 72 (ask Chock, I am still working myself into it, he knows it much better than I do).

Smaller aircrafts:
Piper cheyenne by Aerosoft (a true benchmark in this segment, I love it)
http://www.aerosoft2.de/videos/Cheyenne-w.wmv
Realair SF 260
(video see at top of this thread, it is FSX version)

Classics: There are many oldtimers available, some even are free. I personally use the DC-3 by Roy Chaffin and the Spitfire by Realair. there are three of for competing packages for the Spitfire though. But I would say the Realair is a good bet.

Addons:
You can find so very many regional sceneries, nation-wide sceneries, airport sceneries, that it does not make much sense to even try to list them. Much has gone commercial, but you still can find good free stuff.

Maybe we should have a sticky thread where each posting represents one item and where links to hompage, pictures, reviews, videos are given. Later posters wanting to add info to the product in that given single posting may contact the author of that posting to keep additional information that arrives later close to that product, and not scattered around various postings. the mod also can reserve the right to copy later info into a previous posting. Headlines in BOLD should identify the product in the given posting.

Hunter, let me know, and I'm willing to start it with a couple of postings.