SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
|04-23-2007, 02:55 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Littleton, CO
Radar Patch aye aye sir!
If we get a 1.3 and after the "speed guesstimate" that everyone wants, and damage fix of course can we please get radar our boats deserve. I think of a US sub's radar are like a uboats snorkel. The uboats had no snorkel but in the later stages of the war you wouldn't think of a uboat without a snorkel and it definatly changed the uboat tactics. Same with US radar. Things I would like changed upon the current radar setup.
1. An SD radar that works and picks up aircraft only, range only, non directional
2. A text message telling me "SD radar contact". I play with no map updates and if I just get a "radar contact" text, while I look at my sj radar, I will get bomed back to the stone age.
3. SJ Radar with A Scope only
4. SJ-I with PPI and A scope
5. Range rings and bearing indicators on PPI scope, thats the whole point of the PPI, bearings AND range
6. 90-270 bearing fix for SJ Radar, yes I know there is a tweak file.
7. Radar Depth
8. SV and SS (periscope radar) are in the sensors file, include them
9. If radar get blocked by a land mass I need to see visual representationon my scope. No map updates so the scope is all I have.
10. Make radar blips, different sizes. Why would a sampan have the same radar signature in my PPI scope as a carrier. Again with no contact updates, it helps me plan my strategy.
11. Allow me to get reports from my radar man like I can from my sound man.
12. if the Bigger screen was supposed to have the PPI in it then make it that way.
Radar was my favorite part of the original silent hunter. In that program it was done so well and it is a shame the way that radar is currently implemented in sh4. Hopefully work will get done to make this vital part of US subs as important in game as it was in real
if I forgot anything add it to the list.
Last edited by fullmetaledges; 04-24-2007 at 01:01 AM.