SUBSIM Radio Room Forums


SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > Subsims & Naval Games > UBOAT
Forget password? Reset here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2019, 05:41 PM   #1
Paajtor
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Dutch mountains
Posts: 1,515
Downloads: 43
Uploads: 1
Default More gameplay from youtube

__________________



Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:01 PM   #2
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent
 
Onkel Neal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 1997
Location: Cougar Trap, Texas
Posts: 17,634
Downloads: 393
Uploads: 200


Default

This looks like a game you can spend many hours enjoying.
__________________
Good hunting and don't forget to close the hatch!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #3
Jotte
A-ganger
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 74
Downloads: 48
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Thanks for posting this video. Very informative.
It's at the top of my list now.
__________________
Jotte is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
THEBERBSTER
Growing Old Disgracefully
 
THEBERBSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dibden Purlieu - Southampton
Posts: 8,639
Downloads: 990
Uploads: 0


Default

Looking forward to this release at the end of the month although I am not aware of what the price is going to be?
Like Wolfpack this an in depth sim and quite complex.
I like the idea that in 2019 there will be 2 up to date sims, currently catering for the multi player and single player.

The YouTube tutorial has been very useful and I thank you for that Taff rather than just the over views that have been available to date.

It will be useful to see a range of different tutorials as to how the different processes work.

I was hoping that there would be a pdf tutorial which would explain some of the relevant features.
This is something that Wolfpack has done ahead of its release.
Peter


THEBERBSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:08 PM   #5
Bonfleck
Gunner
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 100
Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0
Default DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PLEASE HELP THE MASSES!

I'm so jealous of those who get 1st crack at this one! It looks so awesome! DEVELOPMENT TEAM, PLEASE MAKE THIS GAME AVAILABLE ON A MAC OR CONSOLE FOR THOSE OF US THAT DON'T "PC" ANYMORE! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Bonfleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:05 AM   #6
Paajtor
The Old Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Dutch mountains
Posts: 1,515
Downloads: 43
Uploads: 1
Default

Another video, from right after the NDA got lifted:

__________________



Paajtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #7
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 252
Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default

Yesterday’s video from one of these beta’s said there is no manual TDC.

Searched the forum; no results.

Anyone have clarification?

Last edited by Elphaba; 04-11-2019 at 01:16 PM.
Elphaba is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #8
LtCmdrRat
Gunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My mind is My Fortress
Posts: 95
Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Yesterday’s video from one of these beta’s said there is no manual TDC.

Searched the forum; no results.

Anyone have clarification?
It's semimanual, you collect data using stadimeter, set AOB, you use watch to define the speed and you identify the target by using the ship identification book. When you collect all these data you can launch torpedoes
__________________
A joke is a very serious thing...
sir winston churchill.

LtCmdrRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 02:41 PM   #9
LtCmdrRat
Gunner
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: My mind is My Fortress
Posts: 95
Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
Yesterday’s video from one of these beta’s said there is no manual TDC.

Searched the forum; no results.

Anyone have clarification?
And you probably will have possibility to use periscope divisions to define all parameters to launch torpedo according periscope 's heading (works on short distance only 450 -850 m). It's not implemented yet but Marek said that it's short time work to make this feature available. He asked to remind him about it 2 weeks before release
__________________
A joke is a very serious thing...
sir winston churchill.

LtCmdrRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #10
Elphaba
Neptune's daughter
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 252
Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0
Default

Ok, well, that's better than what I've seen.

The player just clicked a button and then a bar slowly filled up, and when full it signalled that the solution was complete and he just flooded a tube and clicked fire.

No grey matter involved.

I'm guessing it's an option? Or was it because he was in a 'tutorial' of some kind?
Elphaba is online   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:07 PM   #11
Sailor Steve
Jammin' Again
 
Sailor Steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: High in the mountains of Utah
Posts: 50,710
Downloads: 620
Uploads: 250


Default

Looks fantastic! I like the way it's laid out, and the way you interact. Very realistic feel to that.

Negative:

Nice looking bow wake, but no propeller wake? That just looks wrong.

While I like seeing so much of the crew, the whole Experience Points thing is a game-killer for me. Designers keep adding stuff that is fine for gamers but kills the Sim aspect, at least for me.

The opening scenario looks like fun, but a sunken ship is sunk, not floating along waiting for you to come steal stuff. I hope the other scenarios are more realistic. But...other scenarios? Sorry, but the same old "Attack and Sink Ships" may be boring, but that's what they did.

Type VII only? I can't criticize that too much, because they're still in development, but given how much they've invested so far in the "First Person" mode, I can't see them doing another type of boat any time soon.

Depending on the release price I might still get it. Some things annoy me, but it still looks like fun, and the details you can apply to your "character" are quite thorough. We'll see how it goes.
__________________
"Democracy is not 'I am as good as you are', but 'You are as good as I am'."
—Theodore Parker




Sailor Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:01 AM   #12
Parkera
Loader
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 89
Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Icon14

Yeah Ive seen Tafts video on Yt and also the 3 streams from above mentioned TMTC channel.

Lots to love and hope for and as mentioned still very much in development. One thing Im not keen on is the research function and how thats implemented.

But still looking forward to seeing how it goes and tempted to buy for sure.
Parkera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:47 AM   #13
italianmarine
Mate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Histonium
Posts: 57
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
Looks fantastic! I like the way it's laid out, and the way you interact. Very realistic feel to that.

Negative:

Nice looking bow wake, but no propeller wake? That just looks wrong.

While I like seeing so much of the crew, the whole Experience Points thing is a game-killer for me. Designers keep adding stuff that is fine for gamers but kills the Sim aspect, at least for me.

The opening scenario looks like fun, but a sunken ship is sunk, not floating along waiting for you to come steal stuff. I hope the other scenarios are more realistic. But...other scenarios? Sorry, but the same old "Attack and Sink Ships" may be boring, but that's what they did.

Type VII only? I can't criticize that too much, because they're still in development, but given how much they've invested so far in the "First Person" mode, I can't see them doing another type of boat any time soon.

Depending on the release price I might still get it. Some things annoy me, but it still looks like fun, and the details you can apply to your "character" are quite thorough. We'll see how it goes.
Sorry, but the sunken ship in the opening scenario is on the ground. The stuff which was looted, were crests floating. There are videos were you see clearly that a diver is going to the wreckage. Don`t know what you mean it is not realistic.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:50 AM   #14
Parkera
Loader
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 89
Downloads: 99
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianmarine View Post
Sorry, but the sunken ship in the opening scenario is on the ground. The stuff which was looted, were crests floating. There are videos were you see clearly that a diver is going to the wreckage. Don`t know what you mean it is not realistic.
I think its most likely the fact that a diver from a Uboat would dive to the bottom of the Nth Sea to a wreckage. Very much doubt this would be realistic or dare I saw possible.
Parkera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:58 AM   #15
italianmarine
Mate
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Histonium
Posts: 57
Downloads: 31
Uploads: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkera View Post
I think its most likely the fact that a diver from a Uboat would dive to the bottom of the Nth Sea to a wreckage. Very much doubt this would be realistic or dare I saw possible.
ok regarding this, I don`t know if it was really possible from an U-boat and if it was historically correct.

What we know is that the game will not be really a Sim. I am confident that modders will make it more simbased. :-)

Last edited by italianmarine; 04-12-2019 at 05:01 AM.
italianmarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1995- 2019 Subsim