SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM: The Web's #1 resource for all submarine & naval simulations since 1997

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Sub & Naval Discussions: World Naval News, Books, & Films
Forget password? Reset here

Old 09-15-16, 04:04 AM   #1
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

radar Iran Wants To Make Its Navy Seem More Powerful With This New Ship

THE 'SHAHID NAZERI' IS A NEW, LONG-RANGE CATAMARAN. BUT IT'S MOSTLY FOR SHOW.

Quote:
For Iran, whose relationship with the United States has vacillated between outright hostility to at most lukewarm diplomacy since the overthrow of the Shah in 1979, one answer is developing new, small, weird ships. The latest is a helicopter-carrying catamaran named the “Shahid Nazeri.”
Old 09-15-16, 10:58 AM   #2
moose1am
Frogman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default I wish that the Obama Adm would release hell on Iran in the Straights

I personally have been hostile towards Iran ever since the Iranian Revolution when the Iranian students stormed the US Embassy in Tehran and took our diplomats hostage. They have no respect for the Western ways. So if I were in command of one of those navy ships and had fully authority to do as I pleased, I think I might want to give some orders like this: Blow them out of the water and full speed ahead.

Moose1am

My avatar resembles the moderator as they are the ones that control the avatar on my page.
moose1am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-16, 07:12 PM   #3
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130

Lets put it in SH3/4/5 and sink it!!
Old 09-15-16, 08:17 PM   #4
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22

^TOO much work! The boat, if I'm not mistaken is of the same propulsion similar to the Bay area ferries: Which I used to ride and occasionally provided security for. These are EPA 4 tier high speed diesel driving water jets through marine reduction gears. They carry 400 passengers at 34 knots max. The harmonic convergence of the twin cat hulls, as explained to me in the main salon by a marine architect, is the fatal flaw; the vibration or disharmony created by sucking an object into the water intake(as occurred more than once-log, body, etc) is the Achilles heel on these high performance wonderful boats...complete with bar! A 'Ma deuce'.50 cal, Aegis or bigger gun at 2000+ yards into either of the cat hulls, creating vibration disharmony, puts finis to the velocity bragged about. This vessel is a 'feel-good' item for an asymmetric third-rate navy intent on hit-and-run tactics. This particular ship may hit but it won't run...far. They may tell us arrogantly to "go back to the Bay of Pigs" but Kaddafi tried the same in the so-called 'zone of death' awhile back off Libya and lost. Same crap-diferent turban.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"

Last edited by Aktungbby; 09-15-16 at 08:52 PM.
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-16, 10:03 AM   #5
Osmium Steele
Ace of the Deep

This was actually about Qaddafi's line of death, not Obama's red line, but it was the only video of it I could find. Just ignore the Obama parts.

My U297 build thread
Osmium Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 03:03 AM   #6
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

I really don't understand why Iranian vessels don't mysteriously disappear ala the Bermuda Triangle. Surely we haven't become such wussies?
Old 09-17-16, 09:22 AM   #7
MaDef
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by em2nought View Post
I really don't understand why Iranian vessels don't mysteriously disappear ala the Bermuda Triangle. Surely we haven't become such wussies?
there are 2200 satellites in orbit, that almost guarantees that someone is watching somewhere.
MaDef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-16, 02:09 PM   #8
em2nought
Ocean Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDef View Post
there are 2200 satellites in orbit, that almost guarantees that someone is watching somewhere.
Old 09-18-16, 07:41 AM   #9
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

92mph eh? Still not fast enough to dodge a bullet, shell, or missile

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 08:10 PM   #10
Archiebald
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose1am View Post
I personally have been hostile towards Iran ever since the Iranian Revolution when the Iranian students stormed the US Embassy in Tehran and took our diplomats hostage. They have no respect for the Western ways. So if I were in command of one of those navy ships and had fully authority to do as I pleased, I think I might want to give some orders like this: Blow them out of the water and full speed ahead.
I have been lurking here for a long time and this is my first post so I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone, however anyone looking to discuss the rights and wrongs of Iran's actions in 1979 should maybe study the actions of western states, and particularly the CIA support for Mohammad Reza Pahlavi within Iran for the 30-40 years prior to 1979 and especially from around 1953. Many years of meddling in other people's affairs and being "harassed" by SAVAK tends to upset some people like that.

It is vastly more complicated than just a few hostages in 1979.
Archiebald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-16, 10:24 PM   #11
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy

Default Welcome aboard!

Archiebald!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archiebald View Post
I have been lurking here for a long time and this is my first post so I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone,
It is vastly more complicated than just a few hostages in 1979.
WE will defer to your wrong foot expertise We all know Iranians are good guys and "death to America" is altogether justifiable; much less sending large cash shipments( in small bills) to the current regime of late.....
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/07/politics/iran-cash-payments-congress-hearing/ talk about 'playin' footsie' here!

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is offline   Reply With Quote