SUBSIM: The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!
|06-23-2011, 02:09 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Killeen Texas (Ft Hood)
New skipper has a few questions...
Iíve been playing SH4 ver1.4 for about a week now. I did the sub school, ran a few missions and Iím in the campaign mod; so far Iíve managed to survive two patrols including an encounter with three destroyers that just stayed on my butt for about 4 hours play time, they were goodÖ but not good enough.
While my realism settings arenít very high so far Iíve sank one destroyer, a huge passenger ship (escorted by the fore mentioned three destroyers) and 8 freighters. I love the game and eventually Iíd like to play with more difficult settings.
Anyways I have a few questions regarding tactics and game play.
1. Is there a button you can push that would erase all your plotted way points off your map at once?
2. The torpedo spread gauge: Are the left and right readings the direction the torpedo veers from you point of aim? For example it the target is moving to the left across my scope do I want to shoot one torpedo at zero and another torpedo a few degrees left as a lead?
3. Is there a way to change the load of deck gun ammo on your sub while in port, like add more HE and less AP. And can you reload rounds from a sub tender should you find one while on patrol? (If not that would be a cool mod).
4. On freighters and tankers are there areas of the ship where itís better to use AP vs HE rounds?
5. Armed freighters: can you suppress or destroy the enemy gun crews with the AA gun? Iíve fired at the gun castles and machine gun positions when Iím close enough to see them and it doesnít seem to have any effect on them.
6. The ďDĒ area in front of most destroyers and sub chasers on the map, is that their sonar range and area of coverage? Run silent buts you at 1/3 speed, can I go faster outside the ďDĒ shaped sonar area; especially if they donít know Iím around?
7. Last; is there a screen capture button?
Thanks in advance.
Tonight I start my third patrol. I canít wait.