Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 12-26-09, 08:54 PM   #1
ArmorEtr
Watch

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Thanks for this x-mas present Zee you rock man.

Downloading now....

Old 12-26-09, 09:23 PM   #2
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorEtr View Post
Thanks for this x-mas present Zee you rock man.

Downloading now....

No problamo!

ZeeWolf
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-09, 12:21 AM   #3
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Default Download

Hello ZantaW! I hope your Xmas wasn't too marred by the flow of emails?

I have a technical question for you: I downloaded your mod before seeing your posts on how to install it.I basically saved it into my TvT folder and unzipped it there.Then when I got the prompt to overwrite the existing files with your mod that s what I did and as a result your mod is now part of the gam permanently.When I tried your method i.e. in the Lighthouse directory I wasn't able able because I would always get the message " error creating file". I hav T vT installed in another laptop and I tried your method with the same results.

Anyway it' s Ok I have lost the original TvT first German and Russian misisons in one laptop which I don' t mind since they were not very challenging while your s are! MY only worry is that this will not compromise any future download of your mods or even the big Kursk release.

Please advise.

Thanks for the explanation re the tanks speed; it makes sense I am going to try your tip.
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-09, 01:05 AM   #4
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
Hello ZantaW! I hope your Xmas wasn't too marred by the flow of emails?

I have a technical question for you: I downloaded your mod before seeing your posts on how to install it.I basically saved it into my TvT folder and unzipped it there.Then when I got the prompt to overwrite the existing files with your mod that s what I did and as a result your mod is now part of the gam permanently.When I tried your method i.e. in the Lighthouse directory I wasn't able able because I would always get the message " error creating file". I hav T vT installed in another laptop and I tried your method with the same results.

Anyway it' s Ok I have lost the original TvT first German and Russian misisons in one laptop which I don' t mind since they were not very challenging while your s are! MY only worry is that this will not compromise any future download of your mods or even the big Kursk release.

Please advise.

Thanks for the explanation re the tanks speed; it makes sense I am going to try your tip.
Oh no, my Christmas was fine, partly hectic and partly joyful
as for your concern I could upload some default files to you if you have any trouble but I doubt you will.
Did you see that I have a Automatic Installer now. If I could give you another tip I would urge you to
install it on top of the JSGME one. It includes a couple of files. And it has a ZW_Uninstaller .

Zanta
Old 12-28-09, 12:08 AM   #5
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default 6th German Mission crashing

KDF; re your lasdt German mission crashing.It may have to do with your graphic card or insufficient RAMs.I have the same game installed on 2 different laptops one with an Invidia 7000 with 256 mgs dedicated the other with an ATI radeon 3650 with 512 mgs dedicated and up to 1024 shared and while the last German mission crashes on the first one especially once you start moving past the first AT guns on the other I can complete the mission without glitches.What graphic cards do you have and how much RAMs available?
Old 12-28-09, 08:17 AM   #6
Richie61
Watch

Downloads: 5

ZW,

Have you got any of the PM's I sent you? I am looking and my sent PM folder is empty

RE
Old 12-28-09, 12:03 PM   #7
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie61 View Post
ZW,

Have you got any of the PM's I sent you? I am looking and my sent PM folder is empty

RE
Got'em!
Old 12-28-09, 01:40 PM   #8
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Just got back from a Xmas break,downloaded and installed and had a quick play.Looks good so far!
Thanks ZW
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-10, 01:33 AM   #9
frinik
Grey Wolf

Default Re 6th German Mission & Steel Fury

Hello trek,

I used to experience the same problem with the 6th German mission. I also believe like you and KDf that it's a coding error.My solution - which I posted last week to KDF - is to avoid the main road in order to successfully complete the mission.I have been able to do it three times by going left after taking out the first 2 AT guns and the couple of T34s in front and the other 3 sneaking up your back. For the remainder of the mission I attack the Sovs from the rear and take them out including the last very well defended outpost with Su76, At guns, T34s and trucks infantry.Then I get a mission ended successfull message with the prompt to press tab.Otherwise yesterday I tried to complete that mission through the main road and I crashed just after taking out 2 T34s past the tank wrecks( T34s and PzIVs).This confirms that there's a built-in error in the game.

Re Steel Fury I have the T 34-85, the Winter and even T60 mods installed and working successfully.Since this is out of topic ,I would suggest we talk on the Steel Fury Thread instead

Cheers

Frinik
Old 12-28-09, 05:07 PM   #10
KdF
Loader

Quote:
Originally Posted by frinik View Post
KDF; re your lasdt German mission crashing.It may have to do with your graphic card or insufficient RAMs.I have the same game installed on 2 different laptops one with an Invidia 7000 with 256 mgs dedicated the other with an ATI radeon 3650 with 512 mgs dedicated and up to 1024 shared and while the last German mission crashes on the first one especially once you start moving past the first AT guns on the other I can complete the mission without glitches.What graphic cards do you have and how much RAMs available?
I have 2 SLI'ed BFG 8600 GT's on a ASUS Striker II MB, with 2 gig ram and every bell and whistle on this rig. Still locks up after the crossing of the fork in the road. Even installed it on the Wifeys downstairs, with a Gigabyte MB, 4 gigs 'o ram and 1 8600 GT, still locks up. I would agree if it did it only on one rig, but both makes me think it's something to do with the coding of the origonal game, as there were many reports of the same lock-up with others in the beginning, and I think it ran some good players off early.

KdF
KdF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-09, 07:02 PM   #11
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdF View Post
I have 2 SLI'ed BFG 8600 GT's on a ASUS Striker II MB, with 2 gig ram and every bell and whistle on this rig. Still locks up after the crossing of the fork in the road. Even installed it on the Wifeys downstairs, with a Gigabyte MB, 4 gigs 'o ram and 1 8600 GT, still locks up. I would agree if it did it only on one rig, but both makes me think it's something to do with the coding of the origonal game, as there were many reports of the same lock-up with others in the beginning, and I think it ran some good players off early.

KdF
If your only crash is in the last German mission, are they the stock with no tweaking done?
Because I had a similar problem back when I first stated playing and if I can remember I
updated my Direct X9c files, then my video driver and that I think did fix it but is was
German mission 4 that was driving me up the wall.

Do you use nHancer?

ZeeWolf