Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Old 06-11-09, 11:07 AM   #1
butcher
Seaman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default T 34 vs Tiger

Hi everyone , i downloaded both versions ( russian & english ) and i just love the game but there is a "detail " that drives me crazy
We all know what capability had the Tigers KWK 88 mm main cannon and what devastating effect it had on the armor of the T-34 so knowing all this you surely noticed that sometimes you need to fire more than three shells in order to destroy the T-34 which is totally impossible and not to mention when a T-34 hits a Tiger from a really far distance but then lets not forget that the game itself was designed by russians so i guess they don't like to see their T-34's knocked out by Tigers as they were in real combat and lets never forget even for a moment that Tigers were deafeted only by the quantity and never the quality of the T-34

Old 06-13-09, 05:54 AM   #2
joea
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcher View Post
Hi everyone , i downloaded both versions ( russian & english ) and i just love the game but there is a "detail " that drives me crazy
We all know what capability had the Tigers KWK 88 mm main cannon and what devastating effect it had on the armor of the T-34 so knowing all this you surely noticed that sometimes you need to fire more than three shells in order to destroy the T-34 which is totally impossible and not to mention when a T-34 hits a Tiger from a really far distance but then lets not forget that the game itself was designed by russians so i guess they don't like to see their T-34's knocked out by Tigers as they were in real combat and lets never forget even for a moment that Tigers were deafeted only by the quantity and never the quality of the T-34
Seem you've fallen for the German uberweapons myth
joea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-09, 05:50 AM   #3
butcher
Seaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by joea View Post
Seem you've fallen for the German uberweapons myth
Maybe so but a clear hit should knock out a T-34 anytime and as i said, sometimes i need three of those, just cannot be, its not the uberwaffe syndrom my friend, its the russians who made their T-34 just a bit more tough as it really was i this game
butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 02:12 PM   #4
schaetzle
Nub

Downloads: 3
Default how we have the Tiger moving?

Hi there.

I am trying to put the tiger into motion but failed.
I arrive to start the engine, but when I press W for moving ahead the rpm goes down to cero and the engine dies.
The manual is not clear with this or maybe the game is defective?
Can anyonwe help me please? Thank you.
schaetzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 02:36 PM   #5
Chucky
Planesman

Downloads: 90

Press 'E' to start engine.Press 'Up Arrow' to increase engine RPM,press 'Space' to release brake,then 'W' to engage 1st gear.You should then get moving.
Have fun!
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-09, 02:39 PM   #6
Seeadler
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaetzle View Post
I am trying to put the tiger into motion but failed.
I arrive to start the engine, but when I press W for moving ahead the rpm goes down to cero and the engine dies.
Have you select the 1st gear before pressing W?
Old 07-19-09, 04:06 PM   #7
schaetzle
Nub

Downloads: 3

Chucky: Very clear explanation, especially to press the space bar before hitting W to release the brake first. Thank you very much, my Tiger now moves.

Seeadler: Your question over my question introduces only confussion. You press W to increase gear precisely. Thank you anyway.
schaetzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-09, 03:42 PM   #8
growbag
Watch

Anyone know how to take a screenshot?

It says F8 in the manual but it doesn't work for me .

I've accidentally taken screenshots when I got annoyed and pressed millions of keys at once, but I can't replicate it while sane!

I'm running T34 v Tiger under vista if that makes any difference.

Thanks
growbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 05:27 PM   #9
hodi
Watch

screenshots are saved in the root directory as bmp files

sample: SH_000.bmp
hodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-09, 05:54 PM   #10
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by growbag View Post
I've accidentally taken screenshots when I got annoyed and pressed millions of keys at once, but I can't replicate it while sane!
ROFL!
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-09, 01:16 AM   #11
Sledgehammer427
PacWagon

Location: Drinking coffee and staring at trees in Massachusetts
Downloads: 280

Dowly I saw you were talking earlier on in the thread about how to go about the third German mission.

What I do (and it's worked pretty well, I can't beat it either, usually because of reasons other than myself)
I jump in the driver's position and head into the town,
where I park the tank behind a building, kind of like leaning out from behind a corner in infantry, I can turn the turret most of the ways so I can engage the Russians coming over the hill. The building keeps you form getting hit on the first shot by those SU-85's and T-34's
On my game the others tend to stay put forcing me to go after them. I would flank them from the right like you said and usually I get a jump on the first two. Then I go after the last three, which is usually where I get killed.
Once I had the first two down and the third started moving, I told the driver to stay put but he took on a mind of his own and started moving. By the time he stopped, we were parked on a tree and I couldn't aim the gun low enough to hit the guy. I was killed amidst smashing the "S" key cussing at the top of my lungs. I think the driver's out to get me, because that wasn't the first time the German driver got me killed (another time was when he wouldn't get behind the building fast enough and I was de-tracked and pulverized by the tanks coming over the hill.)
The Russian driver's pretty competent though
V-boat Nutcase - Need supplies? Japanese garrison on a small island in the way? Just give us a call! D4C!
Sledgehammer427 is offline   Reply With Quote