Click here to access the Tanksim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Tanksim.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-08, 06:30 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

JScones,

I must say that you and some others exaggerate a bit. I did not say anything that could be understood as "my review being the ultimate and authoritive word" on it, as you put it. I just indicated here and in the simHQ forum, that a review is about to be released and that it will disagree a bit with what is said on SF so far, and one guy at lighthouse got me a bit engaged in a discussion about what he said - and that was what I would have described to be the utimate authoritive word on his opinion. Magnum of sim HQ also has announced here and at simHQ that he is about to release a review next week, and his preview was psoitive - and people leave him alone over his announcement. Me preparing people a bit that I do not see it as positive, gets engaged even before the text is released!

But that brief note already was enough to earn me five mails meanwhile, of very angry and personal attacking content, two just arrived this morning, three yesterday morning, and one of them, as I said at simHQ, almost qualifies as a hate mail. Now what you say on that attitude being ultimate and authoritive? My two brief informations on a reivew coming were enough to already bring up many people against me, and trying to engage me in disucssions about my review, pushing me into a defensive posture - although they even have not read it!

I did it at simHQ, and I ask here again: hold your breath and criticsm until he review has been released, then read and consider it, then give me also some right to disagree with maybe your own views and give me some space to have my own opinion - and what is then left of it and you think is badly done by me - for that you can crucify me - after the review has been released. I explained my reasons why I think it is a good game, but a sub-standard sim, its all there. I hope that request is reasonable enough for everybody now.

Meanwhile, until Neal has set it up hopefully today, and speaking as a moderator now, I strongly recommend and kindly ask you all to withhold any further discussion about this review that none of you know so far, until it is released. Feel free to continue the debate once it is released, but until then: please put it voluntarily on temporary interrupt, if you please. I don't think that is too much asked for.

Last edited by Skybird; 11-29-08 at 07:10 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote