Click here to access the Helosim website
SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

BUYING GAMES, BOOKS, ELECTRONICS, and STUFF
THROUGH THIS LINK SUPPORTS SUBSIM, THANKS!

The Web's #1 BBS for all submarine and naval simulations!

Go Back   SUBSIM Radio Room Forums > General > Helosim.com and Flight Sims

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-07, 04:30 AM   #1
JScones
Navy Seal

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Back to flightsims...

To quench my thirst for aircraft, I've decided that it's time to go back to Flightsimming.

I'm wondering that if I post my requirements here, perhaps you more learned flyers could point me in the right direction of the most compatible flightsim? Or at the least give me an indication of what "is out there" that's worthy of consideration.

Basically, I want a WWII flightsim that provides a dynamic campaign (by that I don't mean one where my individual actions affect the outcome of the total war, I simply mean one that is not a series of the same linked scripted missions where one can't move to the next mission unless he's finished the current one to the satisfaction of the game. Anyone that's played Panzer Elite will know what I mean ). If one doesn't exist, well, I suppose whatever's closest will do.

Factual campaigns too. No "what if" or other fantasy rubbish (although I'm not too worried if the missions are not fully reflective of history).

A good single player mode is important - I don't play on-line (anti-social that I am).

Modability/flexibility would be great too.

Of course playability is paramount.

I'd also like a good 1950-1970 era flight sim (same criteria). I was looking at Wings Over Vietnam but that didn't seem to get good reviews. :hmm:

Computer specs no problem plus I run XP.

Any advice?
JScones is offline   Reply With Quote