View Single Post
Old 11-23-17, 01:58 PM   #10
aanker
Pacific Thunder

Downloads: 236
Uploads: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt commander lare View Post
Still no sound Running the Steam Version on windows 8 compatibilty and still no crew voices only for limited stuff is there anyone can tell me how to get the voices and the alarms to work i am using windows 10.
Read this Topic by CapnScurvy:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=228888

Yes, all 23 or so posts. You may just need to run the compatibility program .... or do a re-install. Don't let Steam install it to Program Files or Program (86) Files if you can help it. I suppose if you can't avoid it you probably could make a C:\Games folder and drag/ Copy!! the entire Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific install with the UBoat add-on to the new C:\Games folder and play this Copy instead of the Install in one of the Program Files folder as CS mentioned in the Tutorial. Be sure your SH4 shortcut points to the sh4.exe in the C:\Games\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific location.

I don't use Steam but I know SH4 shouldn't be in any of the Program Files folders... especially if you want to use LAA, JSGME, or any mods. I read that Win 10 is a memory hog so SH4 really does need the 4 GB patch or LAA.

I wish there was a Win 10 SH4 Steam install Tutorial... or someone who does use Steam would chime in with what they did.
Protect each one we ask of thee.
Bless those at home who wait and pray,
For their return by night and day."

aanker is offline   Reply With Quote