View Single Post
Old 12-14-10, 04:39 PM   #11
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
It shouldn't surprise me that you and I are on the same page on this, TLAM! (common experiences with modding and mission design, maybe?)
Funny I was going to say the same then my wifi started acting up. But yea we both experienced a lot of the same stuff with DW doing all the moding and testing.

Also might have a bit to do with us both doing Clash in the Caribbean and seeing what a real multiplayer campaign could be.

Quote:
EDIT: good call on passing the OPFOR torch to the ChiComs too.
Might have something to do with me modeling half their new units. Plus the Russians really got very little in the way of new ships that can match ours (Maybe that will change when the new Gorshkov is finished). Most of the cold war era ships are bound for the scrappers except for the Udaloys and a few cruisers. The other major OPFORs (Iran, North Korea) got very little in the way of ships that would be interesting to drive except for the midget subs and I see very little marketable appeal in those right now (and plus I can't see very many wartime scenarios with them that don't end with "and she was lost with all hands...")

EDIT: The only other major units I would consider would be Indian and Pakistani but no doubt a flame war would descend upon subsim should playable units of those countries be included. But a Scopene' and U-212/4 subs would be interesting as OPFOR and Blue diesels since India and Pakistan want those but haven't decided on which yet and might not buy (Pakistan is now interested in the Chinese Song class boat and India wants new Russian subs, two words: Logistical Nightmare!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
I would absolutely love to be able to save/load certain facilities into scenarios rather than have to painstakingly place them every time.
You can do that right now. This is the easy way. Take the mission file in the editor with the facility you want. Delete everything else and save it as a new mission. Now open it up in a text editor and cut and paste it in to another mission file. Now move it in the mission editor to where you want it. It also helps to make a "base map" of a critical area like I did with the Straits of Hormuz.

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote