View Single Post
Old 10-11-17, 04:16 AM   #15
Aktungbby
Gefallen Engel U-666

Location: On a tilted, overheated, overpopulated spinning mudball on Collision course with Andromeda Galaxy
Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0

Default 01:42

^Yup! still up watching up-to-date situation reports. Daughter came by to check and remove pictures and an Eyvind Earle print of my wife's particular favor these last 35 years.. We had been to see an exhibition of his work this weekend in SF. I just checked; the firechief's official car is still out front across the street. I assisted a few neighbors who did leave with their pets. Then reassured some very elderly neighbors (90's) and their kids that the chief, who has been on duty since Saturday, was staying which reduced their considerable anxiety. My boat captain is still up, like me, watching TV two doors down and my immediate other stalwart is tuned to his police scanner receiver. The wife has finally 'hit the hay' as I pointed out she'll be worthless without some sleep. Two cars are in the drive outside, loaded with pet food, documents, and clothes in case the power fails again so we don't waste time overriding the electric door. Currently there is little wind and the heavy smoke of two days is dissipating; the moon is clear. Not like this AM when the sun came up blood-red with visibility at 2-3 hundred yards. Fortunately I have an old land-line ATT house phone which works so I can call out. The Verizon cellphone/Wi-Fi situation is very bad otherwise. I'm lucky to still have internet and appreciate the concern.

"Only two things are infinite; The Universe and human squirrelyness; and I'm not too sure about the Universe"
Aktungbby is online   Reply With Quote