View Single Post
Old 01-03-19, 04:39 PM   #308
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerl90 View Post
Just started playing SH4 again, stumbled onto this modsoup and I'm loving it! Much more playable now, even got to sink a couple of destroyers, they never saw it coming (night surface attack).
I was getting a 75% dud rate on torps with speed set to high, moved it to low speed and no more duds. I have read about the firing pins in real life, don't know if that's in the game/modsoup, but it works.
There's not enough slots in damage control to move all the deck watch into the hull of the sub. I wanted to add some slots to damage control but they are not showing up. I added the following to the subs .upc file

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlot 8]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DamageC7
NameDisplayable= Damage Control Crew
Type= Crewman
WatchIndex= 0
IDLinkCrewMember= NULL
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D= NULL
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D= NULL
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects= NULL
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects= NULL
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects= NULL
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects= NULL

[UserPlayerUnit 1.Compartment 7.CrewMemberSlot 9]
ID=CrewMemberSlot_DamageC8
NameDisplayable= Damage Control Crew
Type= Crewman
WatchIndex= 0
IDLinkCrewMember= NULL
WatchCrewMemberSlot3D= NULL
BattleStationsCrewMemberSlot3D= NULL
WatchAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects= NULL
WatchAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects= NULL
BattleAccessoriesForAdding3DObjects= NULL
BattleAccessoriesForSubtracting3DObjects= NULL
and so on up to 12 slots

Any idea why it's not working?
Guess I could make some room in aft battery before leaving port, but I didn't know if that's the thing to do..
Thanks for any help and thanks for the great mod!
joker,

the solution for what you want to do is in two parts.
you did the first one perfectly.
the second part is that you have to add the additional crew to the crew functional subsystem. hey, it's not my description.
while you are editing the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.Upc file, go to the bottom of the file where you will see all of the damage crew listed by their ID from the section(s) you just added in the crew sections. (a lot of sections...i know). now add an entry for each new crew member and the task is complete. the new entry will mimic what is there already and remember to separate the entries with a comma. here is an example of a DC with fourteen crew.
IDLinkFunctionalSubsystemSlots=CrewMemberSlot_Dama geL1,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC1,0,CrewMemberSlot_Da mageC2,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC3,0,CrewMemberSlot_ DamageC4,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC5,0,CrewMemberSlo t_DamageC6,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC7,0,CrewMemberS lot_DamageC8,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC9,0,CrewMembe rSlot_DamageC10,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC11,0,CrewM emberSlot_DamageC12,0,CrewMemberSlot_DamageC13,0

good luck. and good hunting.

mb

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote