View Single Post
Old 05-27-11, 09:42 AM   #24
frau kaleun
Rear Admiral

Location: Skyri--oh who are we kidding, I'm probably at Lowe's. Again.
Downloads: 168
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Kyster View Post
Said he, who just found this landed on the carpet!
To be filed under "Do as I say, not as I do."

TBH I will probably upgrade the PSU at some point, if I want to add a 2nd gfx card it will be a necessity (IIRC the specs for 5770 x 2 recommend 600W minimum).

In addition I'm thinking I would still like to have a working computer with what's left over from the current one, and possibly "donate" it to myself at my office. Which means I'd need to keep that PSU in there... I would also have the case, the mobo, the CPU, and the Radeon 4650 that came with it that is now, sadly, homeless.

Plus I've still got the copy of XP that came with it which can be reinstalled, still using XP at work so no loss there. I would just need a smallish HDD to install it on. And when I say smallish... the HDD on my current work computer? < 40 GB and not even half full. I also still have a couple of CD/DVD drives from a previous home computer. They will be older and slower than I'm used to at home but no doubt still better than what's in my current office PC, which is actually one I stole off the desk of a former employee when my own (even older) machine died.
frau kaleun is offline   Reply With Quote