View Single Post
Old 08-29-17, 05:48 AM   #176
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendras View Post
It looks like ricochetting, but it's not : the airplane crashes, sinks a few meters below the surface, and rise again to the surface without loosing speed.
That might explain why devs made destroyed planes to always explode in the air in SH5. That limitation was removed by TheDarkWraith with one of his hardcoded patches, but I wonder if anyone has ever made extensive tests on aircraft sinking dynamics since the release of that patch

Quote:
But I will try to change this setting (rebound coefficient), thanks for the advise. I saw it too, but it's only 0,05, so I decided to not try to change it. But, we never know with this strange hardcode ...

Try both to reduce and increase it please, and see if it makes any difference.

Quote:
Exactly ! I was watching an allied training film dealing with that problem a few months ago.
If you are talking about a wartime US training film on air torpedoes, then we have probably watched the same video

Quote:
The Allies destroyed a German dam at the end of the war, with a special ricochetting bomb.
You must be talking about bouncing bombs

Quote:
Now, I'm more looking towards air dropped torpedoes ...
Air torpedoes were subject to the same problem. I don't think they could bounce back against their dropper, but IIRC their tendency to ricochet once they touched the sea surface, affected negatively their depth control system.

[/QUOTE]

Nice screenie, but I think that Swordfish has missed the right timing to release his fish
gap is offline   Reply With Quote