View Single Post
Old 04-20-16, 06:01 AM   #37
Stiebler
Fuel Supplier

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 4

@Hulldmg:
Glad to find the weather fix is working for you.

@Aquelarrefox:
Quote:
You said winds upper 15kmh was allowed, that was the value read by the fix? In your miss thus is allowed? I mean winds could be 20kmh and should be traded only 15 kmh?
If officer says 10kmh wind, is this real? Because I notice I'm having like 50 failure rate for torpedoes, with magnetic trigger at 7,5 or 8 m, so far than modded 15% value.
The original SH3 weather applies a simple maximum to winds reported on screen of 15 m/s, even if the winds exceed 15 m/s.
Therefore if the officer reports a wind of 10 m/s, then that is a true wind in the original (stock) SH3, and also in H.sie's weather fix, and also in my new envsim.act file.

Torpedo failures:
You have not stated in which game year you are playing SH3.
U-boats suffered from severe torpedo failures, from many causes, until the end of year 1940. Then there were smaller torpedo failures until late 1942. Thereafter the U-boat torpedoes were mostly reliable.

The original (stock) SH3 had also its own programmed torpedo failures until the end of 1940, as well as the failures that the H.sie fix provides. Therefore, if you are playing SH3 in years 1939 or 1940, you will have a high rate of torpedo failures.

One solution is to set your torpedo pistol type to 'impact (I)' and not 'magnetic (M)' in the torpedo selector (F6) screen.

I hope that helps.
Stiebler.
Stiebler is offline   Reply With Quote