View Single Post
Old 04-10-19, 03:26 PM   #5
Egmont
Watch

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
...ok, the too many officers thing. the Ubisoft designers divided the crew into three levels: Officers, Petty Officers, and Unqualified Seamen. buried in one of the activity files are two numbers that limit your quantity of the first two levels. if you know how to use Notepad and want to change the level-limits, let me know.

lastly, what-the-h is the "engage target option"?

good luck and good hunting!

Engage target option is the window that shows up when "ship spotted". Sorry, getting the lingo down.

When it triggered for a merchant of friendly nationality, also a long-long way from home, I thought it might be a bug. But then a pretty funny bug, I wish I was recording at the time. But perhaps this was a had to be there moment.

January 1941 Action Report:

USS Plunger (Porpoise Class)
Captain: Veqryn Beil
Last Radio Contact: Leaving successful patrol in Gulf of Thailand

Two additional enemy freighters engaged and sunk on separate occasions - Split merchant (7390) and a Hansa Freighter (7827).
No base reassignment after the surrender in Manila, had to improvise. Plunger docked in at Serabuga.
Medal earned: Pacific Campaign Honorary (not found in medal box on desk though)
3 promotions granted to Engine Bay Seaman 1st class members, making them specialized PO's. Replaced a watchman with a promising recruit met at port.
Next mission is a 5 day patrol east of Celebes.

Personal reflection:
I'm feeling a little bit wondering... Not having an assigned port, I'm just going through the motions of refitting where convenient, and perhaps I'll just have to get used to changing the name on the door to my office when in town.

Plunger has recorded just over 60,000 tons in 3 completed orders and 3 end patrol docks in a little over a month.

Should I be refitting or ending patrol?

I picked end patrol to receive new orders.

Also, where is the spotlight on my sub?
Egmont is offline   Reply With Quote